Main Menu

Best 22 for 2015

Started by GoLions, October 10, 2014, 05:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Still concerned about Christo at this stage as he is still being managed.  Also think Robbo will have to earn his place in the team with NAB cup pereformances to edge out Lester and Bewick imo.

Ringo

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/ryan-lester-will-be-given-first-crack-at-replacing-joel-patfull-in-brisbane-lions-defence/story-fnia3y5g-1227208142771

With Ryan Lester to be given first crack at Joel Patfuls position and being similar size and weight who misses out from the 22.

Initially I think it will be Justin Clarke who is injured atm and may not be match fit. Could be that McStay, Staker, or Harwood that make way when Clarke returns. 

May also mean that Rich plays midfield till Hanley returns as well but question still remains who makes way when all fit.

Mailman the 2nd

Hanley going to miss half the season apparently

Ringo

Injury to Hanley has been posted in the preseason thread but will not be back till June/July

Ringo

Thinking this may be our Round 1 Team:

Round 1 Team as I see it

B: Darcy Gardiner, Daniel Merrett, Ryan Lester

HB: Jed Adcock, Justin Clarke, Daniel Rich

C: James Aish, Jack Redden, Mitch Robinson

HF: Allen Christensen, Michael Close, Dayne Zorko

F: Josh Green, Matthew Leuenberger, Lewis Taylor

FOLL: Stefan Martin, Dayne Beams, Tom Rockliff

I/C: Sam Mayes, Rohan Bewick, Daniel McStay, Brent Staker

Liam Dawson may replace brent Staker if he does not lift in next game.  Bewick may start instead of Lester as well.  Staker or Dawson the sub.

GoLions

Off NAB form, Claye Beams would be ahead of Lester by a fair bit IMO. Rest looks about right.

Ringo

Agree GL - Beams may replace Lester.

The contentious positions are Lester (who has not shown enough so far) Beams would be ahead as you say.
Mitch Robbo whether he starts on field or on IC,
Sam Mayes probably needs to do a little more as well to stave off McGrath or Dawson.

frenzy

Quote from: Ringo on March 07, 2015, 12:02:26 PM
Thinking this may be our Round 1 Team:

Round 1 Team as I see it

B: Darcy Gardiner, Daniel Merrett, Ryan Lester

HB: Jed Adcock, Justin Clarke, Daniel Rich

C: James Aish, Jack Redden, Mitch Robinson

HF: Allen Christensen, Michael Close, Dayne Zorko

F: Josh Green, Matthew Leuenberger, Lewis Taylor

FOLL: Stefan Martin, Dayne Beams, Tom Rockliff

I/C: Sam Mayes, Rohan Bewick, Daniel McStay, Brent Staker

Liam Dawson may replace brent Staker if he does not lift in next game.  Bewick may start instead of Lester as well.  Staker or Dawson the sub.

wanted to ask you where you saw Paparone fit into this team, but he must not be starting 22 after finding this.
Mitch Robinson by the way is not a wingman's butt cheek, they need to be elite runners, somebody like Paparone perhaps. And I think Staker may be finished unfortunately, so Papa can sit on the pine.

Ringo

Paparone as I see it competing with Lester for that spot. Still up for grabs imo. Robbo only there to include in side. There has been a lost of interchanging with Lions mids and will continue.

powersuperkents

Thoughts on Bewick?

Been quite impressive this pre-season. Even considering him as a POD in my initial team due to his DPP status (and lack of worthy backs this season).