Main Menu

Best 22 for 2015

Started by GoLions, October 10, 2014, 05:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

true but should show natural improvement with another pre season plus your midfield getting better plus with a resting ruck he will get less attention he worth watching anyway

GoLions

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 15, 2014, 01:11:56 AM
true but should show natural improvement with another pre season plus your midfield getting better plus with a resting ruck he will get less attention he worth watching anyway
We'll wait and see if he's named round 1 haha. I personally prefer him over Close, but think I'm in the minority.

Ringo

Close or Freeman will play in Round 1 so will watch pre-season. Brownie has been working with both of these players on a Monday to improve their skills.

Not sure who will gwt thw nod though.

strikes91

Quote from: Ringo on December 15, 2014, 07:54:32 AM
Close or Freeman will play in Round 1 so will watch pre-season. Brownie has been working with both of these players on a Monday to improve their skills.

Not sure who will gwt thw nod though.

I'm thinking Close. Staker to play deep forward.

fasttrack13

Who will replace Patful?
Heard things about Liam Dawson and Josh McGuinness potentially filling the void... Brisbane experts???

powersuperkents

Quote from: fasttrack13 on January 15, 2015, 10:40:29 PM
Who will replace Patful?
Heard things about Liam Dawson and Josh McGuinness potentially filling the void... Brisbane experts???
My guess would be a taller player (due to an abundance of tall defenders with 1-2 years experience), probably Daniel McStay

Nige

Quote from: powersuperkents on January 15, 2015, 11:05:53 PM
Quote from: fasttrack13 on January 15, 2015, 10:40:29 PM
Who will replace Patful?
My guess would be a taller player (due to an abundance of tall defenders with 1-2 years experience), probably Daniel McStay
I think Justin Clarke's the man to fill the Patful void.

GoLions

Merrett will move to defence again, while Clarke, McStay, and Gardiner continue to develop by taking the 2nd and 3rd talls

Ringo

Dan Merrett will move back to defence,  With both Staker and McStay we will have 2 swingman as well to fill the position.  Awaiting to see how they line up in the NAB cup. Staker has been training with the defensive group which was interesting,

Back six looks like being

Clarle Merrett Harwood
Rich Adcock McStay

strikes91

Quote from: Ringo on January 16, 2015, 12:22:17 AM
Dan Merrett will move back to defence,  With both Staker and McStay we will have 2 swingman as well to fill the position.  Awaiting to see how they line up in the NAB cup. Staker has been training with the defensive group which was interesting,

Clarle Merrett Harwood
Rich Adcock McStay

Leppa loves his talls Ringo. Pencil in Gardiner down there somewhere.

Nige

Quote from: strikes91 on January 16, 2015, 04:03:14 PM
Quote from: Ringo on January 16, 2015, 12:22:17 AM

Clarle Merrett Harwood
Rich Adcock McStay
Leppa loves his talls Ringo. Pencil in Gardiner down there somewhere.
That's just the back six though, Gardiner could still be in the team on the bench. Could even replace Harwood/Rich in that back six.

I assume Ringo didn't include Gardiner in that back six because it might look too tall since Clarke, Merrett and McStay are all over 190cm.

Ringo

Gardiner and Cutler will be fighting for a bench spot - One thing for sure though is great to have some depth at last across the board just missing that key forward but trust that Close may step up this year,

nrich102

BRISBANE LIONS
B: Darcy Gardiner, Daniel Merrett, Ryan Harwood

HB: Jed Adcock, Justin Clarke, Daniel Rich

C: James Aish, Jack Redden, Pearce Hanley

HF: Allen Christensen, Michael Close, Dayne Zorko

F: Josh Green, Matthew Leuenberger, Lewis Taylor

FOLL: Stefan Martin, Dayne Beams, Tom Rockliff

I/C: Sam Mayes, Mitch Robinson, Daniel McStay, Brent Staker

Not picked: Marco Paparone, Rohan Bewick, Matt Maguire, Mitchell Golby, Claye Beams

Merrett’s return to the backline leaves the Lions a little short in the forward line. Close is the key forward they have the most hope for, with Staker and the resting ruckman â€" Leuenberger or Martin â€" likely to fill the other tall spots. Excitement machine Paparone and Bewick were very unlucky not to be selected, as both are very highly rated by the Lions. New recruits Dayne Beams, Christensen and Robinson are walk-up starts, squeezing out the likes of Bewick, Golby and Claye Beams

meow meow

Lester stiff to not even get a mention in the not picked group!

GoLions

Quote from: meow meow on January 24, 2015, 01:32:33 PM
Lester stiff to not even get a mention in the not picked group!
Yeah, he'll definitely be thereabouts. Especially when Staker and Claye get injured