Main Menu

Mike Sheahan's Top 50

Started by Ricochet, October 02, 2014, 09:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 02, 2014, 01:22:32 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 02, 2014, 11:09:35 AM
Jacobs way too low, Broadbent wasn't really top 50 and Murphy seems to be there on sentiment alone.

He also rates Burgoyne, Sloane, Danger really highly. Like they're good, but top 25 this year?

I rate Sloane as a top 20 player... Danger is 23 which is acceptable seeings as he picked him at #3 at the start of the year...
He rated Heppell way to highly for my liking. Not a top 10 player. Not by a long mile.

Heppell is good, but easily the most overrated player of 2014

Pkbaldy

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 02, 2014, 01:26:14 PM
Jacobs way too low, Broadbent wasn't really top 50 and Murphy seems to be there on sentiment alone.

He also rates Burgoyne, Sloane, Danger really highly. Like they're good, but top 25 this year?

I rate Sloane as a top 20 player... Danger is 23 which is acceptable seeings as he picked him at #3 at the start of the year...
He rated Heppell way to highly for my liking. Not a top 10 player. Not by a long mile.

I'd probably rate him mid to late 20s... But not number 10. He's just as good as Beams if not worse...

Jroo

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 02, 2014, 01:27:03 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 02, 2014, 01:26:14 PM

I'd probably rate him mid to late 20s... But not number 10. He's just as good as Beams if not worse...
I had him just outside the top 10, I thought he had a great year. Won a lot of the ball and really influenced games.
I'd have him easily ahead of Sloane, Danger and co. this year.

Master Q

Hepp had a great year but not top 10. Hodge and Parker were both better IMO.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Master Q on October 02, 2014, 01:40:36 PM
Hepp had a great year but not top 10. Hodge and Parker were both better IMO.

See I thought Parker was a bit over generous too... I'd have him about 20 or so... I thought Rocky and Sloane had a better season then him. But that's slightly bias because I think Rocky is top 5 in the comp.

Vinny

Rocky is good but he is really just a pig. Heppell and Parker had better years than him IMO. Those two are far more damaging, Rocky is under the pack hardball but isn't as dangerous. Which is always why even with his stats, teams tag Hanley and Zorko first.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Vinny on October 02, 2014, 02:13:26 PM
Rocky is good but he is really just a pig. Heppell and Parker had better years than him IMO. Those two are far more damaging, Rocky is under the pack hardball but isn't as dangerous. Which is always why even with his stats, teams tag Hanley and Zorko first.

Yes he is a pig. But the tagging statement is wrong. They tag Hanley and Zorko because they can be beat when they are tagged, you tag Rocky he still gets 30+ touches and 10 tackles. Essentially he doesn't give a shower. Which makes him better then Heppell and Parker in my eyes.

Ricochet

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 02, 2014, 02:16:47 PM
Quote from: Vinny on October 02, 2014, 02:13:26 PM

Yes he is a pig. But the tagging statement is wrong. They tag Hanley and Zorko because they can be beat when they are tagged, you tag Rocky he still gets 30+ touches and 10 tackles. Essentially he doesn't give a shower. Which makes him better then Heppell and Parker in my eyes.
Sorry disagree on the tagging part PK. They tag Hanley and Zorko because they are far more damaging. Hanley's mtrs gained are so much more than Rocky. And ball use is elite.  Thats why they go to him over Rocky

_wato

Beams at 33 is an absolute disgrace, behind Broadbent? You have to be kidding?

Easily top 20 in my opinion, but outside of that I'm fairly happy with it, apart from a few others. (Burgoyne, Mitchell, Hodge too high)

Nige

Mackenzie at 12 is really good to see.

shaker

Mackenzie at 12  :o did not really notice him at all this year Rocky at 20  :o :o who I did notice a lot

Big Mac

Quote from: shaker on October 02, 2014, 04:24:56 PM
Mackenzie at 12  :o did not really notice him at all this year Rocky at 20  :o :o who I did notice a lot

If a defender goes unnoticed than they are usually doing a great job.

Nige

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 02, 2014, 05:19:27 PM

shaker

Quote from: Nige on October 02, 2014, 07:53:02 PM
Quote from: Big  Mac on October 02, 2014, 05:19:27 PM

I know it's only one mans opinion but to say he is the 12th best player well ahead of Rockliff is a bit hard to see , he obviously deserves to be in there maybe not that high  ::)

Capper

Found his pre-season top 50.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/mikes-top-50-2014/10-1

Playes missing from end of season top 50 that were named in the pre-season top 20
Dane Swan - 5
Travis Cloke - 7
Ryan Griffen - 9
Harry Taylor - 12
Jobe Watson - 13
Jarrad McVeigh - 14
Kieren Jack - 15