SC 2015 Player Profile: Tom Rockliff

Started by kilbluff1985, September 21, 2014, 11:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

For those that really observed Rocky this year a lot of his possessions were in the back half and he was effective there.  Can see him working again with both Rich and Hanley in driving the ball forward from the back half.  It was evident that Leppa was using this game plan and suspect it will continue. So hope I am right and others wrong in suggesting more forward time.
If anything I can see Christensen being used more forward than Rocky but just my opinion.

Jroo

Yeah I agree with Ringo, Beams and Christo to be used up forward not Rocky.

Ricochet

Quote from: JROO8 on October 15, 2014, 12:40:15 PM
Wouldn't have thought Beams will be used up fwd before Rocky man?? Beams will be the #1 mid now

Jroo

Quote from: Ricochet on October 15, 2014, 12:47:09 PM
Wouldn't have thought Beams will be used up fwd before Rocky man?? Beams will be the #1 mid now
He played a little bit up there this year.
Reckon he'll rest up forward next year, they need Rocky as an extractor in the mids.

kilbluff1985

Christensen will play forward and after that there wont be much room up forward so i think Beams will play mostly midfield

Ricochet

Quote from: JROO8 on October 15, 2014, 12:49:18 PM
Reckon he'll rest up forward next year, they need Rocky as an extractor in the mids.
Yeh they'll all rest fwd, but honestly cannot see Beams playing a fwd role before someone like Rocky.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Ricochet on October 15, 2014, 12:51:47 PM
Yeh they'll all rest fwd, but honestly cannot see Beams playing a fwd role before someone like Rocky.

well Rocky i'd say is better at clearances so it's not impossible

GoLions

Zorko will spend a lot more time forward, hoping Rich gets played off half back. Christensen will forward more-so than Rocky/Beams

He might get slightly educed mid time, but now we'll still be able to get the ball to him with Beams and Christensen added to the team. Previously when Rocky was played forward, there was no-one to kick it down there haha

kilbluff1985

yeah Zorko and Christensen will be the ones playing forward and will play midfield when Rocky and Beams need a rest etc

Jroo

Yeah just think they'd rather stick Beams up forward than Rocky.

Ricochet

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 15, 2014, 12:53:43 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 15, 2014, 12:51:47 PM

well Rocky i'd say is better at clearances so it's not impossible
They averaged the same amount of clearances this year and Beams was #2 behind Pendles.

strikes91

couldn't take him out after last year. Dominant

nrich102

Can't see him playing down forward as well with Green, Zorko, Squizzy and Christo. Would be far to small.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: meow meow on November 14, 2014, 09:29:08 PM
Would probably prefer to get Gibbs instead and spend the extra money on getting another premo like Sandilands into my team.

and then you could maybe get Gilbert instead of a rookie

GoLions