SC 2015 Player Profile: Tom Rockliff

Started by kilbluff1985, September 21, 2014, 11:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Tom Rockliff

Date of birth    22 February 1990 (age 24)
Draft   #5, 2009 Pre-Season Draft, Brisbane Lions
Height/Weight   185cm / 85kg

Past Supercoach Average Scores
Year   Games   Average
2009      1           12
2010      19         85
2011      20         113
2012      22          97
2013      21         109
2014      18         132

Where to start with Tom "Piig" Rockliff ? well the story goes a long long time ago he had a coach who didn't know how to coach to save hos life and enjoyed playing players out of position finally he was sacked and this man Rocky was given a chance to play in the midfield where he belongs he showed glimpses of what he was capable of late last year this made many coaches on FanFooty decide to take a punt on him this year and boy oh boy did he deliver he averaged 132 wowee and was a great VC/C option all year some coaches are seeing there shrinks after developing serious man crushes on him

one of the best things about him is he is not that damaging so coaches don't tag him or if they do he often breaks the tag like in the first game vs Freo this year they tried but still got 45 touches, occasionally he can have a game where he has a few clangers which affects his score but is expected a good percentage of his disposals are under pressure

he could be close to 750k starting price but still a lock imo

Ricochet

Think you're averages are a bit off there man. He went 132 this year

Vinny

Good write-up KB, quality for the last 5 hey ;)

Ringo

Once coaches wake up to the fact that he gets most of his possessions in the defensive area and has a lot of 1 2s in that area to get Lions out of trouble and start putting a small defender on him we may see his possessions decrease.
Has shown in the past that he can not handle a tag.
You can not have both Ablett and Rocky next year unless you are going week in other lines so I will be wary of Rocky at $750k even though he will still be Brisbane,s best player.

Just giving a couple of observations to be wary of.

GoLions

My bias will probably mean I start Rocky, and leave out Gaz, Pendles, and Jelwood

Pkbaldy

Quote from: GoLions on September 22, 2014, 04:05:33 PM
My bias will probably mean I start Rocky, and leave out Gaz, Pendles, and Jelwood

Yep! Comes from my area... So i'm incredibly bias towards him. Rocky 2015. Until he gets suspended again.

Holz

big breakout year and with a fit rich reddenn hanley and if they get beams i just cant see him getting the same amount of ball. I think the lion players will wont to get it in more damaging players hands.

He will still be a superstar but given his price and the fact he misses games.

Im thinking Ablett Pendles Selwood for safety.

Probably rather pick up his team mate rich.

tbagrocks

Huge payment and best to avoid yeah, could backfire bigtime but they said that about Pendlebury this year  :P

Also will be watching team mate Rich, nice little not so smokie :P

Capper

Had an absolute monster of a year averaging 132, with only 3 scores under 100. lock next year definitely

strikes91

Instead of the mandatory Ablett, Pendlebury it's not Ablett, Rockliff

_wato

Too expensive - Redden, Rich, Beams all in the team who will steal quite a few points off him.

Although he is a pig, I'd only be expecting a 120 average or close to that in 2015

Mr.Witt

If Brissy get Christianson and Beams there midfield will be extremely strong with Rocky, Beams, Redden, Rich being the guns and then Zorko and Hanely helping out too then there is also the up and coming players like Aish, Taylor, Mayes and I just don't see him being as dominant this year although im strongly considering ...

strikes91

Quote from: Mr.Witt on October 12, 2014, 01:58:59 PM
If Brissy get Christianson and Beams there midfield will be extremely strong with Rocky, Beams, Redden, Rich being the guns and then Zorko and Hanely helping out too then there is also the up and coming players like Aish, Taylor, Mayes and I just don't see him being as dominant this year although im strongly considering ...

Beware the dreaded forward line I guess

shaker

Rocky Gaz and Fyfe look like they will be my 3 gun mids

Dayze

For the first time ever I can genuinely see why Brisbane mite play him forward a lot.
Their midfield is stocked.
One of the best overhead marks in the game. With beams and Christo coming in could seriously see him losing 20-40% of time off ball and in a forward pocket.
In saying that could lose his 40 possie games for 30 possie games and 2 goals. Even less chance of a tag going to him which cannot be said of Fyfe, gaz, penldes, murphy, jelwood and beams who IMO seem the obvious players in their teams to attract the tag.
Who knows. Either way he is an unknown and I don't want to take risks with my midfield premiums... 

Whata year tho. Another reason why FF boys know their fantasy. Who is 2015s obvious rockliff/ libba second half of the year comparison?