Official Brownlow Medal Discussion Thread (vote)

Started by kilbluff1985, September 20, 2014, 11:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Yeah I don't buy into that too much, pretty poor argument :P

LF

Jroo

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 23, 2014, 10:05:05 PM
markets already open for next year lol Ablett/Fyfe are both @7.00 i like Danger @11.00 since umps love him
Cotch $26, free money  ;)

jvalles69

I tried putting bets on McCrae @ $101 and Judd @ $81 today and they just wouldn't go through?  Might try again now.

jvalles69

Quote from: jvalles69 on September 23, 2014, 10:10:38 PM
I tried putting bets on McCrae @ $101 and Judd @ $81 today and they just wouldn't go through?  Might try again now.

Worked now.  $20 on Ablett, $2.50 on Judd and $2.50 on Mcrae.  Not touching Danger in case he gets traded!

Master Q

markets already open for next year lol Ablett/Fyfe are both @7.00 i like Danger @11.00 since umps love him
I think with all this hype around poor voting, I wouldn't bet much on Danger "since umps love him".

Mat0369

Quote from: jvalles69 on September 23, 2014, 11:14:48 AM
Priddis pretty much does the same thing that JPK does week in week out and has done it for longer at a more consistent rate.  If JPK "should" win one then Priddis should definitely win one which he has.  Lot of hate going towards Priddis on Facebook.  To rate him with Woewodin is a joke, Woewodin started at the top and fell to WAFL level to finish his career and won in a year where nooone stood out, Priddis started at the bottom with no luck in drafts till he was finally taken by West Coast and now he's at the top after years of great consistent service. Well done.

This is false. Kouta got injured and should have probably won, he was the standout player in the league that year and won the MVP award.

Quote from: jvalles69 on September 23, 2014, 10:02:28 PM
It was a she, and probably a Victorian. ::)

The AFL decided to let the weaker teams have easier runs.  Priddis was by far the best on a mediocre team and like she said, Judd and Cooney won their's the same way, however she didn't write an article about this when they won?

Brownlow - Priddis (WA)
2nd - Fyfe (WA)
3rd - Franklin (WA)

Jim Stynes Award - Waters (SA, but honorary WA boy)

Suck shower VFL.

Umm, the Dogs finished 3rd and made a prelim the year Cooney won and Carlton made finals in 2010, so it is already wrong. A lot of people also forget how good Cooney was before he F'ed his knee up.

Ricochet

Nige

The_Captain

If danger can poll 21 votes for that very average season... Next year if he pulls his finger out he can go 40+++

Justin Bieber

Quote from: JROO8 on September 23, 2014, 10:07:17 PM
Cotch $26, free money  ;)

Pendles $26. That's flowering free money.

ADEZ

Chucked a couple on Ward @81, SJ @67 and Swan @101

Master Q

Quote from: ADEZ on September 24, 2014, 12:43:47 PM
Chucked a couple on Ward @81, SJ @67 and Swan @101
Swan will miss half the season due to the filming of "The Biggest Loser"

henry

In that article too she raises Cooney as an example of one of the only good players in a mediocre team. The bulldogs made the prelim that year  ::).

I reckon i'll put a couple bucks on ward for the brownlow next year, nothing else though because way too much uncertainty, who's not to say that ablett or mccrae or someone does an ACL in the pre season or something.

The_Captain

Quote from: henry on September 24, 2014, 08:55:26 PM
In that article too she raises Cooney as an example of one of the only good players in a mediocre team. The bulldogs made the prelim that year  ::).

I reckon i'll put a couple bucks on ward for the brownlow next year, nothing else though because way too much uncertainty, who's not to say that ablett or mccrae or someone does an ACL in the pre season or something.

Id say macrae will get a lot more attention next year... Like Andrew Gaff.. Break out second year then vanishes....

Calling it now  8)    ::)