Official Brownlow Medal Discussion Thread (vote)

Started by kilbluff1985, September 20, 2014, 11:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henry

Buddy beating Kennedy by 1 vote cost me $150 over 2 bets lol, flower that.

Well done priddis, glad we didn't have to go through the uncomfortable situation of fyfe polling highest.

jvalles69

Quote from: frogjumper on September 22, 2014, 11:33:28 PM
Im happy Priddis won as he deserves the recognition for a great career, but he was not the best player this year.
How Franklin had more votes than Kennedy, Boak  Selwood and others is beyond me.
Also how Dangerfield had double the votes than Sloane, when Sloane was better all year.

Who was the best player this year then? Kennedy and Ablett sure, but injury cost them chances to poll.  Most ppl had Gray polling higher than Boak (I had Boak smashing Gray in my own count). Danger was a joke. Selwood was good, but was quiet in a hell of a lot of games and his 2013 was way better than this year. Franklin was a joke too. Priddis was prob the most consistent out of all those names never really having a bad period during the year.  Just fell in place for him.

jvalles69

Quote from: henry on September 22, 2014, 11:46:38 PM
Buddy beating Kennedy by 1 vote cost me $150 over 2 bets lol, flower that.

Well done priddis, glad we didn't have to go through the uncomfortable situation of fyfe polling highest.

Yeah that screwed me too.

jvalles69

All I can say is load up on Ablett, Fyfe and Danger for next year cos the umps love them and they only have to have mediocre years to win I guess.

Sweetness

Danger polled way higher then expected.
Gray was nowhere.
Ablett would have won by miles if he played the full season.

Can't fathom how the Brownlow goes to a bloke overlooked for AA selection.

Master Q

I've never realised until now that umpires vote a lot on reputation and not truly who they think were the 3 best on ground. I mean, people always say the umps love GAJ, the umps love Judd, which we all know, but it's the small cases. Good chance the umpires had no clue who guys like Gray and Dom Tyson were at the beginning of the year.

tbagrocks

Quote from: jvalles69 on September 22, 2014, 10:57:14 PM
Anyone else get him at enhanced odds today at $31! :)
$34 ty 8)

I like how I couldn't vote for Priddo in the poll though :p

Mr.Craig

Mat0369

Quote from: Master Q on September 22, 2014, 11:57:32 PM
I've never realised until now that umpires vote a lot on reputation and not truly who they think were the 3 best on ground. I mean, people always say the umps love GAJ, the umps love Judd, which we all know, but it's the small cases. Good chance the umpires had no clue who guys like Gray and Dom Tyson were at the beginning of the year.

Judd is a god though and deserves every vote he gets and more

Also for those saying that Buddy didn't deserve to finish that high, he probably had his most influential season since 2011 when he polled 20 Brownlow votes. That also includes his slow start to the year. The dude is a freak

Jroo

Rapt for Priddis! Didn't think he'd win it, was a real surprise.

Beams and Macrae to win their groups were two of my best bets, but JPK and Gray stuffed everything up.

JBs-Hawks

Broke even with my bets of Ward for captains group and sydney most overall

LF

Love Jezza's tweet

Matt priddis take a bow!! All Australian can suck on it!!! #priddaforprimeminister!!

quinny88

I dont even know why people bother betting on the Brownlow.
Even the experts and bookies get it way off. Its just a complete guess who will win.

Congrats to Priddis, I liked seeing him win it.

First time I can remember in a long time that a guy that didnt even make AA has won a brownlow?
West Coast supporters can finally stop whinging about him being underated :P

tbagrocks

Quote from: quinny88 on September 23, 2014, 12:30:06 AM
Even the experts and bookies get it way off. Its just a complete guess who will win.

First time I can remember in a long time that a guy that didnt even make AA has won a brownlow?
Didn't see much of the West Coast Eagles this year?

Holz

Quote from: quinny88 on September 23, 2014, 12:30:06 AM

Still massively underatted , everyone was Shocked he won.

He had the year to deserve it and should have been a favourite. I'm just shocked he finally got some recognition.