Main Menu

REPORT: Sando Sacked

Started by RaisyDaisy, September 17, 2014, 06:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: SydneyRox on September 17, 2014, 10:42:48 PM
if they dont speak to bomber they are stupid.

Dew as a fav is interesting.

Would take 1.5M a year to get Bomber over there

I reckon he is nearly next to zero chance of accepting the role

Toga

Sounds like Bomber is a mate of Sando's so given the circumstances it might be unlikely he'll want to head to adelaide :-X

Nige

Quote from: Toga on September 17, 2014, 10:47:07 PM
Sounds like Bomber is a mate of Sando's so given the circumstances it might be unlikely he'll want to head to adelaide :-X
Let's be honest. Bomber is everybody's mate. Your mate, my mate, everybody's mate. You can't not like the guy.  :P ;D

PowerBug

If Stuart Dew gets it I will probably cry. Because he was my favourite player when I first followed footy, coming from the Dogs in the SANFL and playing for Port.

Also the Crows will win the 2016 flag, coz Dew has won a flag every 4 years since 2000, at a different club each time.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Sweetness

Just read an article saying Bomber slammed the Crows for the decision and there is no chance he will coach there next season.

Jay

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 17, 2014, 10:38:59 PM
Watching the 360 Encore now and Gerard who broke this story due to his sources in Adelaide is convinced the leadership group pretty much signed off on this

A lot of the players are pretty dirty about this too, so it seems like there were two sides in the playing group in terms of wanted and didn't want him around

And finally, they have NO coach locked in so far, so they have made this call without having someone lined up
This is what annoys me, we can't go back to rookie coach again. Just takes us back to where we were 3 years ago.

stew42

a) STEWIE IS STAYING AT THE SWANS, KEEP YOUR MITTS OFF HIM!!!!
b) Titus O'Reily's illuminating analysis, including this pearler: "They really didn't like him and a lot of players complained. It's always good to let the players influence these decisions. That never turns out badly. All the top clubs let their players run things. Melbourne has done it for years." http://titusoreily.com/analysing-adelaide-football-clubs-statement-brenton-sanderson/

Grazz

Had a few beers today , fell asleep on the lounge. Woke up and Kazza tells me Sando has been sacked. TBH im not that surprised.
Didnt rate him as highly as some here seem to, to slow to react, never had a plan B and out coached to often. His win loss ratio is more to do with the team than himself. Laugh or scoff at this as much as you like but thats how i see it. Is our list a premiership list no i dont think so, we are missing a few key players but our list is good enough to make the 8 although many dont see it that way judging by where most had us finishing at the beginning of the year. Not surprised we are under rated from across the border and no doubt the trend will continue, this bothers me little. To us the supporters we have under achieved and as always the coach pays the ultimate price for that. I certainly couldnt give a fat rats clacker what Titus Oriely has to say just more journalistic clap trap based on opinion rather than fact.  I'll back Mark Ricciuto's judgement to get us back to where we should be above everyone and anyone.

kilbluff1985

i was obviously one that had you finishing low but was mainly due to injuries i think you guys are a top 8 team or at least one of the 10-12 teams that could make it with a bit of luck

powersuperkents

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 18, 2014, 12:22:02 AM
i was obviously one that had you finishing low but was mainly due to injuries i think you guys are a top 8 team or at least one of the 10-12 teams that could make it with a bit of luck
Yeah that is fair, out of the contenders this season I would have Adelaide 2nd to Richmond

In terms of next season:
1. Richmond (they should seriously be a four 4 side)
2. Adelaide (administration could ruin this position; however, I think that a new coach is the right move, risky, but it's better to aspire than settle)
3. West Coast (tough because unlike the other teams they were subject to the easiest draw this season and yet they couldn't beat a single top 8 team (had a total of 9 matches against top 8 teams - Fremantle being the only team they played twice, which was ridiculous (could argue they played Collingwood twice which who were relevant last season) - but the talent is still there for the future)
4. Gold Coast with Ablett
5. Collingwood
6. Gold Coast without Ablett

Grazz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 18, 2014, 12:22:02 AM

Everyone is entitled to an opinion KB, we all should respect that right to have one. Peoples opinions of us rightly or wrongly bothered me little, what was important is how we saw ourselves. We had some good victories followed up by some terrible loses ie Melbourne Carlton to name a couple. This is where the heat really came on Sando i believe. He was outcoached out thought by Roo's and Mick and had nothing to come back with, this has happened to often over his tenure here in Adelaide. Sando is terrific with the kids and has done a good job with some of them but more senior players have stagnated. From the outside i can understand we will have our critics, from the outside it may look harsh but from where i sit the decision is the right one. People here have reservations about taking on another rookie coach and i understand their concerns it can be hit and miss but it also comes off to, Longmire, Clarkson, Scott brothers, Hird and Hinkley. We are not going to pull an established proven coach its just not going to happen so we will no doubt be employing another rookie and as i said before i'll back Roo in to find the right one for the job. The days of mediocrity at our club are over and a warning shot has been fired across the bow of the playing list and staff. I like what im hearing already from Fagan, he's right the last decade has been disappointing to say the least and mediocrity cant and wont be tolerated. I know Roo will move heaven and earth to gain success and knows exactly what is required to succeed in one of the most brutal sporting environments, the AFL.

Grazz

Quote from: Nige on September 17, 2014, 10:49:20 PM
Let's be honest. Bomber is everybody's mate. Your mate, my mate, everybody's mate. You can't not like the guy.  :P ;D

Agree Bomber is a ripping bloke, thoroughly enjoyed listening to all he had to say through the year and his attitude is certainly endearing for the majority of footy fans. You would be hard pressed to find to many that said they didnt like Bomber as there is so much to like about him. Would i like Bomber at the Crows, yeh i would but i think we have a snowballs chance in hell of that happening.

Ringo

Quote from: Ricochet on September 17, 2014, 10:40:28 PM
For some reason it just reminds me of when Freo got Lyon
It more reminds me of the Voss sacking at Brisbane rather than Lyons.  Freo at least had Lyons lined up, Brisbane botched Roos and Crows appear to have no one lined up atm.

Really share your pain Crows supporters as we went through it last year and although we won less games than previous year season was still a success in most eyes  so hopefully same for you,

Sweetness

The board speaks this morning.
Sando faces the press this afternoon.

Will be interesting.

Ricochet

Well no Goodwin for Adelaide

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2014-09-18/sample-

MELBOURNE has called a media conference for 12.30pm on Thursday to announce the appointment of Simon Goodwin to its coaching panel