calling on: Prospector_1, Ossie85, chatters24..:)

Started by craftcoat, March 17, 2010, 03:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craftcoat

here she blows....

Enright, Duffield, Broughton, Hodge, H.Shaw, Hunt, Waters (Webberley, Silvagni)

Bartel, Cross, Lewis, Masten, Martin, Barlow (Shuey, Bastinac)

Sandilands, Clark  (Warnock, J. Roughhead)

Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Gia, Gray, Hall, Dangerfield, Campbell (Stewart, Podsiadly)

My thoughts:
-With Water's looking like he's made it through the preseason unscathed, at just 150k i can't not have this guy in my team as a 7th back. Downgrading greenwood to beau enabled me to upgrade malceski to broughton which i prefer also (just not sold on any of the potential mid-priced backs this year)
-I feel like strength in the rucks can really help to boost your scores and win you tight matches (clark obviously trumps the likes of tippet/hille etc)
-considering yarran as a unique over campbell? could be lively up frwd this yr
-what do you guys think about me swapping GRAY and HALL to Higgins and a smaller cash cow. I really feel like taking a punt on Higgo this year;bulldogs look to have finally got it right and if his groins hold up, WOW what a year he could have...plus it Higgins, he is so awesome to watch haha

would love some feedback on my team/logic? PROSPECTOR_1, OSSIE etc, flatter me with your over-sized brains and dry, caustic wit...ha cheers. ;)

craftcoat

ps- anybody else's opinions on my team are all very welcome and much appreciated..ta

jr0ck88

I'll have first crack.

Your backline is ok. Not sure if Hunt AND Waters is a great idea, especially considering Waters was never a proven DT player (just a very good footballer). Also, he's supposed to be playing forward this year as opposed to his previous floating half-back type role. You cant squeeze in Kennely instead? Even Ladson would most likely post better scores. But yeah i guess 150k proves value.

Im not sold on Duffield AND Broughton either. If Fremantle get starved of footy, which they often do, they could lose bulk points for you. Dont wanna try Mackie?

Also, your back reserves could be better. Sheppard? Nason? Davies?

Midfield is fine. Bartel - tick. Cross - tick (starting exact same value as start of last year, sign of consistency  - regardless of his ridiculous knack for handballing). Lewis.....yeah, sure you could do better. Masten - tick, will go up in value.

Rookie mids are good to go, im starting Barlow and Martin too.

Rucks. Sandliands - tick, Clark however, I wouldnt go there this year. With Charman and Leunberger fit, he probably wont play ruck. Will most likely be that 3rd tall option that he was before he was thrust into the ruck, thus not scroing well. Opt for Jolly or McIntosh.

Forward line is ok. Riweoldt, Gian, OKeefe look to be standout forwards this year. Hall is fair enough, as is Gray and Dangerfield. Not keen on Campbell though. Yarran would probably be better (who else will kick goals for the Blues?)

Higgins for Brownlow ;)   Maybe get a Sam Wright or Chris Mayne along with him if you really want to part with Hall and Gray.

Done.

sledgey7

i like your team. it smells a little like mine (without a great deal of same players) don't worry about waters and hunt in same team. risks are good i've taken a lot more than that.
not too sure about broughton. obv not a cash cow this year and i'm not sure if he'll back it up but here's hoping
now this is a little out of left field but i think higgins is an absolute must and i dalso don't think anyone can pass up the value BHall represents to have them both (losing gray which imo needs to be done anyway). how about swapping ROkeefe (even tho i have him myself) to Rob Murphy (told you i like risks). this gives you the exra 70k needed for higs (who will one day win a brownlow!)

craftcoat

hey mate, cheers for the feedback (you really gave me some useful info rather than just saying a rating out of ten or whatever...ha)

I've made some changes-I believe the team looks far more water-tight now :

-btw, this was my backline for about 2 weeks before my last post where i switched things for some reason:

Enright, Duffield, Hodge, H.Shaw, Malceski, Greenwood, Hunt (Maguire, Silvani)

Bartel, Cross, Stanton, Masten, Martin, Barlow (same)

Sandi, Tippet (warnock, skipper)

Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Gia, Higgo!!:), Gray, Dangerfield, Yarran (Rockcliff,Stewart)

2k in bank.

-malceski has looked good pre season but that was without R.Shaw's presence so hopefully he can still get enough stats when they combine..Greenwood-feels like theres some real upside here with him being a mid as well as a defender and a  reasonable price tag.
-Stanton: Love the guy, he never lets you down and can score huge on his day and with watson/prismall likely to get more attention this year he may just find himself with more freedom for mark kicks! Plus he's more unique than others.
-I agree about Yarran, the blues are so starved for forward targets atm that he could start to assert himself in 2010..its a gamble but a unique gamble at least.

SO, Jr0ck88: do you approve kind sir?? (cheers again)

craftcoat

@sledgy7

thanks for the input, chief

-just put up my revised team above which includes HIGGINS! I would just shoot myself if i left him out due to durability concerns and then was to see him fit and firing, bombing 100's all over the place with groins of golden steel...

-yeah i may still include waters AND hunt together. Downgrading Greenwood to waters would mean i could upsize malceski to possibly Harbrow (who I have my sights since he's kinda like Hargrave's mini sidekick that runs free and wide. I just want to fill my team with plenty of bulldogs players this year. They are going to score a shiitload of points and love to KICK Your thoughts on that move?? cheers mate

Arky

I like your team.  If Masten goes premium and Higgins stays fit it will really fire.  I tried to convince myself to take the punt on Higgins too, but have failed so far :(

I agree with the Greenwood to Waters and Malceski to Harbrow move.  Heard (on BigFooty but still) that Greenwood missed the Sydney practice match with a broken toe, should be ok for round 1 but it's not ideal.

ossie85

I'm famous! The people want my opinion! *blushes*

Back your team, seems alright to me. I don't like Yarran but have nothing against anything else you've picked. I like that midfield.

craftcoat

@arky

-firstly, thanks a heap for the input, much appreciated.

-If Greenwood really has broken his toe as bigfooty states then i may end up opting for the waters/harbrow move. i'd rather an injury prone waters at 150k than a limping, 220k Levi Greenwood! Also im not sure how much improvement i can see Levi/Malceski making this year for them to stay as possible keepers or inflate to an adequate trading price...
-Very true. Masten and higgins will certainly play a big part in my teams rankings this year. I just love higgo too much to leave him out and although i hate masten, I wasn't convinced by mackay/armatige etc and with chris you know he'll play 22 and has shown enough pre season/last year for me to take the punt (plus his smaller price tag allowed me to upgrade Lewis to Cross :)   

craftcoat

Hey Ossie85,

dude you've attained cult status within this site as far as i'm concerned hehe. :)

-thanks again for the review-  Yeah, i gotta toot my own horn a tad and say this midfield is the best one i've conjured up so far (unique but not enough to lose credibility)

-Yarran, certainly a risky pick but after watching a few blues games in the pre season I think he has a great opportunity to step it up in 2010 but we'll see. Also considering Mayne from freo

-Lastly, what are your thoughts on the switch i mentioned earlier with Arky7: greenwood to Waters, Malceski to Harbrow?? cheers, mate.

ossie85

Waters/Harbrow sounds better to me than Malceski/Greenwood, but I'm fairly fine with either combination. Greenwood injury mentioned earlier is concerning.

sledgey7

good discussion for a RMT post. mine never get comments :-(
It is up there.
title=Paranoid
hint hint

Master Q

So im called Etc! Even a no name guy called Chatters24 who i have never seen post gets to be in your thread title. RIDICULOUS!

craftcoat

Deepest apologies Mr Q, i certainly value your prestigious opinions  ;)

if you can forgive me, would you mind casting your wise gaze over my latest/final team:

Enright, Duffield, Hodge, H.Shaw, Harbrow, Hunt, Waters (Maquire, Silvani)

Bartel, Stanton, Cross, Masten, Martin , Barlow (Shuey, Bastinac)

oh and sorry Selwood4Brownlow ;). rate my team?

Sandilands, Tippet (J.Roughead, Warnock)

Riewoldt, Gia, O'Keefe, Higgins, Gray, Dangerfield, Yarran (maybe chris mayne) (D.Stewart, Podsiadly)

thoughts Q ball?? :)

craftcoat

wow, didnt mean to insert that into my team list lol