West Coast Draft Discussion,Re-Signings and Offseason Thread

Started by LF, September 13, 2014, 09:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Captain

Quote from: Toga on November 20, 2014, 12:38:26 PM
So who are you guys hoping the Eagles take with Pick #11 in the draft?

Pickett if available.. But Cockatoo more than likely will be taken i think because Picket will go earlier.

Toga

Yeah seems like Pickett will definitely be gone by #11 now, but the others should be around. There should be some real talent still up for grabs though, you think they'll definitely be after a speedy winger type?

The_Captain

Quote from: Toga on November 20, 2014, 12:42:57 PM
Yeah seems like Pickett will definitely be gone by #11 now, but the others should be around. There should be some real talent still up for grabs though, you think they'll definitely be after a speedy winger type?

I think we would be more looking for an inside mid with speed? I though cockatoo was this kind of mould? Big body mid. Would still love pickett but just to get the ball and goooooo

LF

Quote from: elephants on November 20, 2014, 12:05:25 PM
Haha I'm gonna have to disagree with you again noto man :P

Lucas' biggest attribute is his pace, he was elite as a junior in this area. The key area our midfield lacks is pace. Makes 100% sense to me to get Lucas basically for free (and on flower-all salary) where he could be a top-line midfielder for us.

Yeah I agree LE costs us nothing to give him a go.Look at what happened with Ellis this year was given a go and he worked out nicely and earned himself a new contract.
We need some pace in our mids as well.

Mat0369

Quote from: Ringo on November 20, 2014, 10:35:06 AM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-20/lucas-set-for-eagles-lifeline

Looks like Kane Lucas is returning home to WA and set to join eagles.  Insurance in case Waters does not come up?

And Waters plays on the HBF, Lucas is an outside mid that can't kick that puts on 0 defensive pressure. All he can do is butcher the ball. He also isn't very quick, his pace isn't elite, he just looked quick because he was in the VFL

elephants

Quote from: Mat0369 on November 20, 2014, 11:16:17 PM
Quote from: Ringo on November 20, 2014, 10:35:06 AM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-20/lucas-set-for-eagles-lifeline

Looks like Kane Lucas is returning home to WA and set to join eagles.  Insurance in case Waters does not come up?

And Waters plays on the HBF, Lucas is an outside mid that can't kick that puts on 0 defensive pressure. All he can do is butcher the ball. He also isn't very quick, his pace isn't elite, he just looked quick because he was in the VFL

As a junior his pace and agility was elite.

I wonder when you'll stop this Kane Lucas Hate Campaign. Don't blame KL because the Blues are shower at developing first round picks ;)

Mat0369

Quote from: elephants on November 20, 2014, 11:28:43 PM
As a junior his pace and agility was elite.

I wonder when you'll stop this Kane Lucas Hate Campaign. Don't blame KL because the Blues are shower at developing first round picks ;)

It has nothing to do with the club, he doesn't have the work ethic to improve on his deficiencies and was not cut out for the AFL level. If you want to play on the outside you better have elite disposal, he didn't. If you are going to have ishhouse disposal you better do the other stuff, he doesn't. I don't know where you get this elite pace and agility, he turns like a bus. He had a good fitness base but that doesn't equal pace and agility. Good riddance, the guy can be West Coasts liability now. The only reason he wasn't delisted last year is because he was under contract.

powersuperkents

The only time Lucas is racking up disposals is the pre-game warm up  :P

Lucas will have to work if he wants to make the Eagle's starting line-up. Furthermore, he will have to work even harder if he wants to be a starting mid. If I were Simpson I would recycle him into the back/forward pocket; use his speed there because he obviously can't use it anywhere else.

Just to clarify, I haven't seen Kane Lucas play in my life. However, the only times I hear about him are criticisms about his football, and I love jumping on the 'Kane Lucas sucks' bandwagon hahahahahahaha 

but yeah, @Mat0369: Carlton really need to work on their recruiting, they literally tanked a game to select Kreuzer (the worst no. 1 pick in history imo - that lasted over 4 years) over Cotchin. They literally planned to fail hahahahahaha

LF

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2014-11-22/eagles-extend

Shuey and Priddis extend their contracts  ;D

Brownlow medallist Matt Priddis and emerging star Luke Shuey have both extended their contracts in a show of support for the direction the club is taking, adding further impetus to the pre-season campaign.

While both players were already contracted for the 2015 season, their decisions to put pen to paper on new deals indicates their commitment to the club and a belief that the club can launch a tilt at the AFL finals for a sustained period.

Priddis, 29, and a veteran of 173 games, has long been revered at the club but finally earned the recognition he deserved externally when he won this years highest individual accolade. The best contested ball winner in the AFL, he has inked in a new contract holding him to the club until the end of the 2016 season.

Shuey, 24, is a classy midfielder and a key element in the next generation as West Coast plans its ascent up the premiership table. He has the pace and skill to forge an outstanding career and has agreed to a new contract that will align him with West Coast until the end of the 2018 season

RaisyDaisy

So we picked up Lucas and Brophy

Don't mind getting Lucas, because he hasn't cost us anything, so we cant lose - worth a free shot. He is young so maybe he can turn into something

LF

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2014-12-03/lucas-flying-start

Super keen midfielder Kane Lucas wasted no time familiarising himself with his new West Coast Eagles teammates, dashing to training this morning after filling the final position on the clubs list.

Lucas, 23, was the last domino to fall in a strategic draft that saw the club add considerable depth, running power, speed and class to its midfield unit.

SydneyRox

elephants

SydneyRox

Phasir