West Coast Draft Discussion,Re-Signings and Offseason Thread

Started by LF, September 13, 2014, 09:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Yeh and he wasn't allowed to play footy on the inside either.

Kid is a gun though so wouldn't be surprised if he slotted into your 22. Ability was never the issue, fitness and attitude was

The_Captain

Quote from: Ricochet on November 06, 2014, 02:34:10 PM
Yeh and he wasn't allowed to play footy on the inside either.

Kid is a gun though so wouldn't be surprised if he slotted into your 22. Ability was never the issue, fitness and attitude was

Smart decision there. Starve him of footy so he comes back hungrier to get back into it.

yeah for sure! Cant see him getting a gig in first half of year.. But can easily take Hill/ Cripps spot if they dont put in.

LF

Ringo

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-20/lucas-set-for-eagles-lifeline

Looks like Kane Lucas is returning home to WA and set to join eagles.  Insurance in case Waters does not come up?

The_Captain

Quote from: Ringo on November 20, 2014, 10:35:06 AM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-20/lucas-set-for-eagles-lifeline

Looks like Kane Lucas is returning home to WA and set to join eagles.  Insurance in case Waters does not come up?

Returning to East Perth more like it.. I dont reckon he can cover what Waters can do..

powersuperkents

The Eagles should steer clear of Lucas imo. Never rated Carlton's first round draft picks since shower Kreuzer (excluding Yarran). I haven't since Cripps though due to injury and Menzel is looking okay (by okay I mean his average is Wingard on a bad day haha). The Eagle's midfield is too good for Lucas to get a game as well 

Ricochet

Quote from: powersuperkents on November 20, 2014, 11:40:33 AM
The Eagles should steer clear of Lucas imo. Never rated Carlton's first round draft picks since shower Kreuzer (excluding Yarran). I haven't since Cripps though due to injury and Menzel is looking okay (by okay I mean his average is Wingard on a bad day haha). The Eagle's midfield is too good for Lucas to get a game as well
Low risk, potential high reward for them though mate. Especially if they only use a rookie pick.
Talent was obvioulsy there as a youngster so who knows, a new environment may unlock something

The_Captain

Quote from: Ricochet on November 20, 2014, 11:42:53 AM
Quote from: powersuperkents on November 20, 2014, 11:40:33 AM
Low risk, potential high reward for them though mate. Especially if they only use a rookie pick.
Talent was obvioulsy there as a youngster so who knows, a new environment may unlock something

Id rather pick up another random irish bloke to be honnest haha. Better risk v reward there!

elephants

Haha I'm gonna have to disagree with you again noto man :P

Lucas' biggest attribute is his pace, he was elite as a junior in this area. The key area our midfield lacks is pace. Makes 100% sense to me to get Lucas basically for free (and on flower-all salary) where he could be a top-line midfielder for us.

The_Captain

Quote from: elephants on November 20, 2014, 12:05:25 PM

Lucas' biggest attribute is his pace, he was elite as a junior in this area. The key area our midfield lacks is pace. Makes 100% sense to me to get Lucas basically for free (and on flower-all salary) where he could be a top-line midfielder for us.

ahahha  ;D.

Cmon Ele.. Hes not even good enough for carlton, how can be be an elite mid for us?

Id say pace is an issue, yes. But we lack bigger stronger bodies in there, like the Mundy, JPK, Dangerfield, Watson type.. and that is definitely not him. He is an outside player.. And we already have plenty of them.

Not gonna complain with chucking him on the rookie list but.. May as well give him a year and see what happens. Just not expecting anything haha  :D

elephants

Quote from: noto07 on November 20, 2014, 12:11:21 PM

ahahha  ;D.

Cmon Ele.. Hes not even good enough for carlton, how can be be an elite mid for us?

Id say pace is an issue, yes. But we lack bigger stronger bodies in there, like the Mundy, JPK, Dangerfield, Watson type.. and that is definitely not him. He is an outside player.. And we already have plenty of them.

Not gonna complain with chucking him on the rookie list but.. May as well give him a year and see what happens. Just not expecting anything haha  :D

A move, especially a move home can do wonders for players mate ;) And I said 'could' be elite. In all likelihood he'll turn out like D.Pearce for Freo and just be a solid contributor but you never know.

If pace is an issue then you shouldn't have an issue with adding a highly rated quick junior to our rookie list :p

The_Captain

Quote from: elephants on November 20, 2014, 12:24:56 PM
Quote from: noto07 on November 20, 2014, 12:11:21 PM

ahahha  ;D.

A move, especially a move home can do wonders for players mate ;) And I said 'could' be elite. In all likelihood he'll turn out like D.Pearce for Freo and just be a solid contributor but you never know.

If pace is an issue then you shouldn't have an issue with adding a highly rated quick junior to our rookie list :p

Ahaha we will have to see. The move can do wonders if you were unhappy.. But from all reports he was more than happy over there. So the move won't change the way he plays.

But im open to see whats hes got :).

Toga

So who are you guys hoping the Eagles take with Pick #11 in the draft?

elephants

Quote from: Toga on November 20, 2014, 12:38:26 PM
So who are you guys hoping the Eagles take with Pick #11 in the draft?

Pickett or Weller or Ahern or Cockatoo.

I kinda want Cockatoo a lot now haha, has all the attributes to be the best player from this crop imo, X-Factor is enormous.