West Coast Draft Discussion,Re-Signings and Offseason Thread

Started by LF, September 13, 2014, 09:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Captain

Quote from: GoLions on October 30, 2014, 11:49:17 AM
Quote from: noto07 on October 30, 2014, 11:06:38 AM
Quote from: elephants on October 30, 2014, 10:45:14 AM
Freo, GC, Crows, Dogs and Saints twice. Can't be too unhappy with that!

Just gotta make sure we win them games. Got to beat GC, Crowes, Dogs and Saints all twice to have a good crack. Then you chuck in Melb and Gws.

Then be a lot stronger at home than the last couple of years!
Suns and Crows will be a tough ask at their respective home grounds

For sure. But we have a pretty good record at Aami over the crowes over the past few years. Did the suns too.. Obvs no Gazza then... But what im saying, is that if we are going to be a top 8 chance, these are games that are must wins.. Pending any random upsets we pick up..

GoLions

Quote from: noto07 on October 30, 2014, 01:14:14 PM

Just gotta make sure we win them games. Got to beat GC, Crowes, Dogs and Saints all twice to have a good crack. Then you chuck in Melb and Gws.

For sure. But we have a pretty good record at Aami over the crowes over the past few years. Did the suns too.. Obvs no Gazza then... But what im saying, is that if we are going to be a top 8 chance, these are games that are must wins.. Pending any random upsets we pick up..
Yeah completely agree, gotta win these if you wanna finish top 8. Crows I'd probably think you can get over the line, but the Suns with Gazza at Metricon...I can't see them losing many games at all up there this year

The_Captain

Quote from: GoLions on October 30, 2014, 01:21:09 PM
Quote from: noto07 on October 30, 2014, 01:14:14 PM

Yeah completely agree, gotta win these if you wanna finish top 8. Crows I'd probably think you can get over the line, but the Suns with Gazza at Metricon...I can't see them losing many games at all up there this year

Yeah they are pretty lethal there. And only expecting them to improve too. Will be a tough road trip to Metricon for all teams next year!

Phasir

I think the fixture's okay, on paper people will probably call it 'easy' and if they make finals people will be all "its only because of their soft draw" even though I consider the big melbourne teams that travel 5 times a year to have an easier run than interstate teams who travel 50% of their matches.  If you could have WCE playing 15+ matches in WA you'd call that the easiest draw they've ever had, regardless of who they play.  Although even with the current amount of home games I'd still prefer to see them play more of their home matches against top four/eight teams than waste a home match against melbourne/gws etc.

Ricochet

Champion Data ranked WCE as having the 2nd easiest draw

Ziplock

Quote from: Phasir on October 31, 2014, 12:05:48 PM
I think the fixture's okay, on paper people will probably call it 'easy' and if they make finals people will be all "its only because of their soft draw" even though I consider the big melbourne teams that travel 5 times a year to have an easier run than interstate teams who travel 50% of their matches.  If you could have WCE playing 15+ matches in WA you'd call that the easiest draw they've ever had, regardless of who they play.  Although even with the current amount of home games I'd still prefer to see them play more of their home matches against top four/eight teams than waste a home match against melbourne/gws etc.

draws play a big part of finals. When adelaide did well a couple of years back everyone was like 'it was cause of the soft draw' and adelaide were like 'NAH IS CAUSE WE'RE FUKING SIK KENTS?!?!!!?!?!!!!!' and then adelaide proved everyone wrong by having stellar 2013/ 14 seasons.

GoLions

Quote from: Ziplock on October 31, 2014, 12:49:02 PM

draws play a big part of finals. When adelaide did well a couple of years back everyone was like 'it was cause of the soft draw' and adelaide were like 'NAH IS CAUSE WE'RE FUKING SIK KENTS?!?!!!?!?!!!!!' and then adelaide proved everyone wrong by having stellar 2013/ 14 seasons.
hahaha precicelessness

The_Captain

Sik Kents??

Or FULLY SIK KENTSSS. yEHHH BOI

Ziplock

Quote from: noto07 on October 31, 2014, 03:40:04 PM

Sik Kents??

basically sums up 95% of adelaide supporters.

The_Captain

Quote from: Ziplock on October 31, 2014, 04:26:56 PM

Sik Kents??

Ahahaha. The blokes on here supporting Adelaide fall in that 5%... Or do they....  ::) :P 8)

GoLions

Quote from: noto07 on October 31, 2014, 04:45:27 PM

Sik Kents??

Ahahaha. The blokes on here supporting Adelaide fall in that 5%... Or do they....  ::) :P 8)
There's a few that uhh, 'sparkle' a bit more than others

The_Captain

Quote from: GoLions on October 31, 2014, 04:47:36 PM

Sik Kents??

Bit out there!!!!

Nige

Quote from: noto07 on October 31, 2014, 04:49:39 PM

Sik Kents??

Bit out there!!!!
Not bagging anyone specifically? :P

GoLions

Quote from: Nige on October 31, 2014, 07:30:01 PM
Quote from: noto07 on October 31, 2014, 04:49:39 PM

Sik Kents??

Bit out there!!!!
Not bagging anyone specifically? :P
;)

Grazz