West Coast Draft Discussion,Re-Signings and Offseason Thread

Started by LF, September 13, 2014, 09:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eg6914

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 10, 2014, 11:37:31 AM
Not necessarily, we've done pretty well with our draft picks and building them up the traditional way, but yeah, now with free agency, unless we are active it might be tough.
Our inactivity in this trade period is frightening me, with pretty average picks available in the draft i think we should of at least tried to trade a few players. The problem with our team is although we have a lot of potential most of our players are B-Grade and for us to contend we need to get more quality players. I mean look at our delivery into our forward line, so many up and under kicks its unbelievable

Phasir

I think 2015 will show a huge turnaround in form due to the club understanding Simpson's game plan & getting into the right positions.  [I'd be really surprised if we don't make the top 8.]
I think that because Simpson's trying to create a brand of football at the club & just spent a year teaching it to the current line up it'd be silly to have a big change up, since we have a list hitting peak soon.  Our forwards are as good as any in the competition, once our mids have that forward string on their bow we should be compete with the clubs like Sydney/Hawks consistently.  They're obviously going to draft some pace this time around & there's probably 4 guys around the mark that we would be able to use.  Atleast on of them will be able to be picked up at our first pick, and maybe even our second.  Add to that we got a Priddis 2.0 with a Daniel Rich left boot for free there wasn't a huge necessity to attack trades.

elephants

Quote from: Phasir on October 13, 2014, 05:55:48 PM
Add to that we got a Priddis 2.0 with a Daniel Rich left boot for free there wasn't a huge necessity to attack trades.

This flowering comparison is spot on.

LF

elephants

LF

New rumour coming out of the a Tigers thread that they are using Conca to lure Scooter or Shuey back to Vic ::)

elephants

Quote from: LF on October 13, 2014, 10:59:23 PM
New rumour coming out of the a Tigers thread that they are using Conca to lure Scooter or Shuey back to Vic ::)

"Lure him back to Vic"

Pls, his connections to WA are greater than those in Vic ffs.

LF

Quote from: elephants on October 13, 2014, 11:03:43 PM

"Lure him back to Vic"

Yeah worded slightly wrong but iPad is being a prick and the words were coming up delayed
Trying to get Conca back here and trying to lure one of them home
I laughed hard at that one

elephants

Quote from: LF on October 13, 2014, 11:09:46 PM

"Lure him back to Vic"

Yeah worded slightly wrong but iPad is being a prick and the words were coming up delayed

Haha yep, I addressed Scooter up there ^

As for Shuey, the club stood by him through his personal and injury dramas and hes made it known he was ultra impressed with the support the club gave him.

Highly highly doubt he would ever want to leave.

Toga

Haha as much as I would love either of those two at Punt Rd I think the chances are next to nothing ;)

Reports are that Conca has been shopped around to your lot but not sure whether anything has come of it

LF

Quote from: elephants on October 13, 2014, 11:12:21 PM
Quote from: LF on October 13, 2014, 11:09:46 PM

"Lure him back to Vic"

Haha yep, I addressed Scooter up there ^

As for Shuey, the club stood by him through his personal and injury dramas and hes made it known he was ultra impressed with the support the club gave him.

Highly highly doubt he would ever want to leave.

Fairly sure Shuey's mum moved over here as well

GoLions

elephants

Quote from: GoLions on October 14, 2014, 10:43:31 AM
It's all happening in WA atm...

Brisbane suck shower. Go home 5 > Beams and Christo combined ;)

GoLions

elephants