West Coast Draft Discussion,Re-Signings and Offseason Thread

Started by LF, September 13, 2014, 09:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Varcoe would take Hill's job, rumours that they are going to delist Hill and even though I don't really want Varcoe he is definitely an upgrade on Hill.

LF

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 07, 2014, 12:23:51 PM
Varcoe would take Hill's job, rumours that they are going to delist Hill and even though I don't really want Varcoe he is definitely an upgrade on Hill.

They just gave Hill a new contract tho.

The_Captain

Josh Hill actually layed a few tackles in the last few games.. Was impressed. Just does the bare minimum to get himself a contract!! has potential but is sooo lazy!

RaisyDaisy

I've stated numerous times before that I actually like Hill

I'd take him over Varcoe any day of the week

The_Captain

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 07, 2014, 12:41:07 PM

I like him when he tries!

eg6914

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 07, 2014, 12:41:07 PM

Id take newman or Cripps over both tbh

LF

eg6914

Phasir

Not sure why Scott Selwood is even being brought up here.. bizarre rumor to give any attention too & its a year late..
He'd have to be VC again next year, if not Captain the squad.  He currently lives with 2 of the other midfield lads who've signed on longer contracts recently & has lived in WA with the same circle of lads for the last 6 years. [except that South Australian pig, Brad Ebert.]

LF

2.20pm: West Coast CEO Trevor Nisbett says the Eagles have fielded "a number of enquiries but nothing has come to fruition yet".
- On Travis Varcoe: The Eagles are "very interested in his services" to help address a midfield leg speed deficiency but understand there are a lot of other clubs in the same boat. They expect him to remain in Victoria and don't appear confident of securing him.
- On Kane Lucas: Nisbett isn't sure if he's met with Craig Vozzo yet but understands the Eagles have made an expression of interest. Says Lucas is still weighing up whether to stay at Carlton or go home to WA.
- On Callum Sinclair: Says he's a contracted player and expects him to tell them if an offer that would produce more opportunities came up.
- On Beau Waters: Expects him to play on in 2015 and the Eagles have their "fingers crossed his body will be able to hold up".
- On Scott Selwood and Will Schofield and their links to Victoria: "They have stronger links to West Coast now."
All in all, seems pretty quiet over at the Eagles.

Phasir

LF

Anyone else hear the new rumour about Gaff wanting to go to Geelong?
For the life of me hope its bs and not involving Varcoe

elephants

Phasir

Quote from: LF on October 09, 2014, 09:45:35 PM
no chance.. I don't think we'll be active in trades/free agency/draft etc for a while unfortunately

jvalles69

Quote from: Phasir on October 10, 2014, 11:21:48 AM
Quote from: LF on October 09, 2014, 09:45:35 PM
no chance.. I don't think we'll be active in trades/free agency/draft etc for a while unfortunately

Not necessarily, we've done pretty well with our draft picks and building them up the traditional way, but yeah, now with free agency, unless we are active it might be tough.