West Coast Draft Discussion,Re-Signings and Offseason Thread

Started by LF, September 13, 2014, 09:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

Well there hasn`t been much so far but I`m glad we have re-signed so many of our players so far.
Will be interesting to see who gets delisted and if we actually try and get any of these delisted or out of contract players from the other clubs.

RaisyDaisy

I expect this trade period to be similar to most. We usually aren't very active when it comes to trading with other clubs

Our Current Rookie List

Cal Sinclair
Murray Newman
Will Maginness
Rowen Powell

Sinclair isn't going anywhere and I expect him to get elevated, replacing Cox on the Senior List. The club has said they will stick by Newman so I will assume he stays. As for Maginnes and Powell, I honestly don't know much about them so they could potentially get delisted?

Players on Our Senior List who could be at risk

Jacob Brennan
Adam Carter
Brant Colledge
Ash Smith
Blayne Wilson
Simon Tunbridge
Fraser McInnes
Tom Barrass
Malcom Karpany
Dylan Main

I'd expect guys like Brennan, Wilson and McInnes who recently resigned to be locks, while Carter, Tunners and Colledge where given a taste of AFL. Barrass was injured IIRC so surely he gets to stay. Don't know too much about Karpany and Main, so they could get delisted I guess. Ash Smith could be at the crossroads too

LF

Ricochet

Ashley Smith and Jacob Brennan have been delisted

Nige

Ash Smith delisted, I can see many Eagles fans rejoicing.  :P

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Nige on September 30, 2014, 05:49:08 PM
Ash Smith delisted, I can see many Eagles fans rejoicing.  :P

There was a short period where he was actually doing really well - A couple of years ago, but since then he just doesnt look like he puts in enough effort

No surprise or loss

LF

Phasir

He actually played well as a rover in the WAFL final ironically hahaha
Still stoked he and monkey's bum have been moved on though.

elephants

Quote from: Ricochet on September 30, 2014, 04:01:40 PM
Ashley Smith has been delisted

:')

Now lets not be silly and delist Blayne Train please WCE. Smith and Brennan were the obvious cuts, lets leave it at that.

Ricochet

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/25178586/eagles-sign-irish-rookie/

West Coast have signed Irish youngster Paddy Brophy as an international rookie.

The 20-year-old impressed at the European AFL Combine in Dublin and starred for the European legion when playing against the Australian Under 18 team this year.

A quick player with aggression, he is currently in Melbourne at the moment at the AFL National Combine.

His signing follows on from West Coast recruiting former baseballer Corey Adamson earlier this year.

Nige

eg6914

A mate told me Hooker wanted to return to WA, even though i highly doubt it but if so would the eagles make a play for him

Ricochet

Quote from: eg6914 on October 05, 2014, 09:34:08 PM
A mate told me Hooker wanted to return to WA, even though i highly doubt it but if so would the eagles make a play for him
Really?? We could defintiely do with him at Freo

elephants

Could see Hooker at Freo a lot more than I could see him at WCE. Think he'll stay at the Bombers though, there was a thing in the paper mid this season about how he almost came home, but it ended with him saying he's happy where he is.

eg6914

Quote from: Ricochet on October 05, 2014, 09:36:18 PM
Quote from: eg6914 on October 05, 2014, 09:34:08 PM
Really?? We could defintiely do with him at Freo
Yeah as a i said though, very unreliable source. He would be a perfect McPharlin replacement for Freo