West Coast Draft Discussion,Re-Signings and Offseason Thread

Started by LF, September 13, 2014, 09:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudge

Phasir

Pickett saying he doesn't care where he gets drafted to [even outside of WA] must be bad for WC's chances of picking him up.. can really see him heading to Geelong now to replace Christensen.

eg6914

Quote from: Phasir on November 04, 2014, 10:27:01 AM
Pickett saying he doesn't care where he gets drafted to [even outside of WA] must be bad for WC's chances of picking him up.. can really see him heading to Geelong now to replace Christensen.
hopefully they draft him for him to change his mind ahaha

The_Captain

Quote from: eg6914 on November 04, 2014, 10:53:19 AM

Sounds like a good plan ahahahah.

We will get Nakia cockatoo anyway!

eg6914

Quote from: noto07 on November 04, 2014, 12:06:07 PM

tbh i would prefer we get someone else, not a big fan of Cockatoo, maybe if theres a slider or Duggan
EDIT: handy that its his turn for the profile haha http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-04/meet-liam-duggan

elephants

Quote from: eg6914 on November 04, 2014, 02:12:05 PM
Quote from: noto07 on November 04, 2014, 12:06:07 PM

tbh i would prefer we get someone else, not a big fan of Cockatoo, maybe if theres a slider or Duggan

Cockatoo at 32 pls ;)

eg6914

I'm Interested to see who the eagles fan would prefer out of Duggan, Cockatoo, Pickkett an De Goey, personally it would be Pickett>Duggan>DeGoey>Cockatoo

Phasir

I doubt they'd go another average paced mid in Duggan, Nakia is probably one of the top 5 athletes this draft, obviously would take Pickett before him because of his ability to play as a small forward, but I'd take Cockatoo over Duggan.  De Goey is kinda the same, pretty decent and a highly rated midfield but not a game-breaking pacey mid.
Pickett>Cockatoo>Duggan>DeGoey

elephants

Quote from: Phasir on November 04, 2014, 11:06:31 PM
I doubt they'd go another average paced mid in Duggan, Nakia is probably one of the top 5 athletes this draft, obviously would take Pickett before him because of his ability to play as a small forward, but I'd take Cockatoo over Duggan.  De Goey is kinda the same, pretty decent and a highly rated midfield but not a game-breaking pacey mid.

Still major flaws in Cockatoo's game. Very very very high-risk pick imo, but yeah rewards are also enormous. Depends how #yolo I'm feeling on draft day I think haha

eg6914

Even though we need pace and that athleticism we are also in need of quality ball users, something which Cockatoo does not have, i will be disappointed if we draft Cockatoo with our first pick. I will really only be happy with Weller or Pickett, but atm neither seems likely :(

The_Captain

Yerppp. Agree with this order!

Nakia has sooo much potential. Duggan is along the lines of a gaff. We are desperate for game breaking pace! Picket of Cockatoo are a must... Dangerfield was a bit hit or miss when he was drafted. But look at him now. Similar to Cockatoo i reckon!

kilbluff1985

West Coast coach Adam Simpson says troubled rookie Murray Newman has been training every day since his team-mates left to go on holiday.
"Murray is back out there. He's trained everyday since the boys left, him and Corey (Adamson). They're in great shape." Simpson said at today's press conference.

The_Captain

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 05, 2014, 02:03:21 PM
West Coast coach Adam Simpson says troubled rookie Murray Newman has been training every day since his team-mates left to go on holiday.
"Murray is back out there. He's trained everyday since the boys left, him and Corey (Adamson). They're in great shape." Simpson said at today's press conference.

Completely forgot about Murray. Wonder if he will be able to push the 22 this year.. with a fair amount of football missed over the past 2 years, it will be interesting.