Brisbane Trades and Draft discussion Thread

Started by Ringo, September 10, 2014, 10:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

Quote from: TomK on October 15, 2014, 09:11:47 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on October 15, 2014, 08:41:31 PM
Quote from: Ringo on October 15, 2014, 06:09:44 PM
The reason I said Top 12 is looking at this years Top 12 who slides out to make way
1. Hawks will still be Top 4
2. Swans still Top 4
3. Cats may slip a little but will still be in Top 8
4. Fremantle still Top 4
5. Port Adelaide will push for Top 4 especially with Ryder.
6. North Melbourne - Still Top 8 imo although loss of Greenwood will hurt.
7. Essendon - May slip and the ASADA elephant may come into play
8. Richmond - Still top 8
9. Eagles - May slip but have potential to remain
10. Crows - May slip as well if injuries occur especially in Ruck and Defence.
11. Collingwood - With the inclusion of Varcoe and Greenwood can see them maintaining position
12. Gold Coast - Surely they will climb up the ladder with GAJ playing most games and the addition of Malceski.

So as I see it only possibly Crows, Eagles or Pies could make way for Lions with Essendon the other possibility depending on ASADA.

Think Top 4 are a step above the rest but positions 5 - 16 could be anyones.
Gile chose Essendon... Essendon!! & he's an SA native - I think that indicates where they are at in terms of stability.
You're joking right? Giles was always going to nominate Essendon. He actually has a chance of getting a game there with Ryder going out. If he came to the Crows, he would be stuck in the reserves all year. Pretty obvious choice for him.
Actually a really good point, did not consider that at all. Sounds right, Giles would never be named ahead of Jacobs (one of the best rucks in the comp.), conversely, Bellchambers is pretty shower (idk what happened to him but he sucks)..

Makes more sense  :) Didn't think of it at all, thought it had more to do with the club's stability, however, I think no-one would be able to decide on that basis

TomK

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 15, 2014, 09:26:04 PM
Quote from: TomK on October 15, 2014, 09:11:47 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on October 15, 2014, 08:41:31 PM
Quote from: Ringo on October 15, 2014, 06:09:44 PM
The reason I said Top 12 is looking at this years Top 12 who slides out to make way
1. Hawks will still be Top 4
2. Swans still Top 4
3. Cats may slip a little but will still be in Top 8
4. Fremantle still Top 4
5. Port Adelaide will push for Top 4 especially with Ryder.
6. North Melbourne - Still Top 8 imo although loss of Greenwood will hurt.
7. Essendon - May slip and the ASADA elephant may come into play
8. Richmond - Still top 8
9. Eagles - May slip but have potential to remain
10. Crows - May slip as well if injuries occur especially in Ruck and Defence.
11. Collingwood - With the inclusion of Varcoe and Greenwood can see them maintaining position
12. Gold Coast - Surely they will climb up the ladder with GAJ playing most games and the addition of Malceski.

So as I see it only possibly Crows, Eagles or Pies could make way for Lions with Essendon the other possibility depending on ASADA.

Think Top 4 are a step above the rest but positions 5 - 16 could be anyones.
Gile chose Essendon... Essendon!! & he's an SA native - I think that indicates where they are at in terms of stability.
You're joking right? Giles was always going to nominate Essendon. He actually has a chance of getting a game there with Ryder going out. If he came to the Crows, he would be stuck in the reserves all year. Pretty obvious choice for him.
Actually a really good point, did not consider that at all. Sounds right, Giles would never be named ahead of Jacobs (one of the best rucks in the comp.), conversely, Bellchambers is pretty shower (idk what happened to him but he sucks)..

Makes more sense  :) Didn't think of it at all, thought it had more to do with the club's stability, however, I think no-one would be able to decide on that basis
Pretty sure injuries have played a big part in Bellchambers downfall.

kilbluff1985

Belly isn't shower he had ankle troubles all year he had surgery preseason and post season

he was improving alot in 2013

powersuperkents

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 15, 2014, 09:29:58 PM
Belly isn't shower he had ankle troubles all year he had surgery preseason and post season

he was improving alot in 2013
Giles will be of great help to him as well, Belly will be back in the forwards where he seems the most damaging

kilbluff1985

yeah i'm keen for Giles he is handy forward he and Belly can rotate

Grazz

kilbluff1985

Sun reporting Robbo will play for you guys next year

nrich102

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 28, 2014, 08:51:50 PM
Old news kb :P

I flowering hope not though :P

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: nrich102 on October 28, 2014, 08:53:57 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 28, 2014, 08:51:50 PM
Old news kb :P

I flowering hope not though :P

Hardly old news.

And he will be good for you, hes still a good footy player even if he is a loose unit.

Ringo

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,98915.msg1487173.html#new

Is old news that we were in the frame but this article confirms that 95% he will play for us - Offering a 2 year contract compared to Tigers 1.

Will have to fight his way into team though same height as Bewick so may be fighting with Bewick, Lester, Claye Beams and co for a position.

kilbluff1985

Yeah it was rumours before but now seems nearly official

nrich102

kilbluff1985

Vinny

Grazz

He's not a bad player and is hard at it much to the detriment of his own safety. Apart from being a couple of stubbies short of a carton he'd be handy in a lot of clubs and add to their depth.