Brisbane Trades and Draft discussion Thread

Started by Ringo, September 10, 2014, 10:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Lions have done very well, supporters should be proud.

strikes91

7 wins with the toughest fixture last year with a raw group. Finals is a high possibility this year.

Toga

Good trade period for the Lions, the midfield will be a force next year. Would think a finish in the top 12 would be a good result for the first year in the climb back up the ladder.

Ringo

The reason I said Top 12 is looking at this years Top 12 who slides out to make way
1. Hawks will still be Top 4
2. Swans still Top 4
3. Cats may slip a little but will still be in Top 8
4. Fremantle still Top 4
5. Port Adelaide will push for Top 4 especially with Ryder.
6. North Melbourne - Still Top 8 imo although loss of Greenwood will hurt.
7. Essendon - May slip and the ASADA elephant may come into play
8. Richmond - Still top 8
9. Eagles - May slip but have potential to remain
10. Crows - May slip as well if injuries occur especially in Ruck and Defence.
11. Collingwood - With the inclusion of Varcoe and Greenwood can see them maintaining position
12. Gold Coast - Surely they will climb up the ladder with GAJ playing most games and the addition of Malceski.

So as I see it only possibly Crows, Eagles or Pies could make way for Lions with Essendon the other possibility depending on ASADA.

Think Top 4 are a step above the rest but positions 5 - 16 could be anyones.

GoLions

Port, Hawks
Swans, North, Freo
Suns, Cats
Bombers, Tiges, Eagles
Lions, Crows, Pies, GWS
Blues, Dees, Dogs, Saints

So 11th-14th for us I'd say is about right for next year, although Eagles/Bombers/Tiges could be in one of the tiers above or below where I currently have them that.

nrich102

Grazz

I reckon Beams knew he'd be a Lion at some point, look at his Tatt's they are colour coded perfectly.  :P

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ringo on October 15, 2014, 06:09:44 PM
The reason I said Top 12 is looking at this years Top 12 who slides out to make way
2. Swans still Top 4
4. Fremantle still Top 4
11. Collingwood - With the inclusion of Varcoe and Greenwood can see them maintaining position
12. Gold Coast - Surely they will climb up the ladder with GAJ playing most games and the addition of Malceski.

So as I see it only possibly Crows, Eagles or Pies could make way for Lions with Essendon the other possibility depending on ASADA.

I'd bet on Essendon (players leaving or wanting to leave, plus Bomber Thompson is gone so I don't think they'll make the 8 & apparently most players face prolonged suspensions upon Tribunal decree - definitely fall)

West Coast just had a piss easy fixture, no way are they competing for the 8 now that their games will be harder (only top 8 team they played twice was Freo, & furthermore, they never beat a top 8 side)

Geelong will fall but should finish 6-8

I think the Crows will definitely fall as well. Things will get a lot worse for them before they get any better (trade wise they can't even attract a single player atm... They have been trying.. Yet Gorringe chose Port & Gile chose Essendon... Essendon!! & he's an SA native - I think that indicates where they are at in terms of stability. Delisting Petrenko is a great initial move -no talent hack- & Walsh has learned from the best so he should be the right man to rebuild them (& rebuilding is what they need because they have the base players, just no depth whatsoever - one base player injured & it's over; I think Sanderson knew this as well - i.e. dumped Vince to draft Crouch - went for young players in the rookie draft)

Grazz

Crow's won't fall unless injuries play a part. We should of made the eight this year except for the inconsistency in our game and Walsh will sort that.

GoLions

Quote from: Grazz on October 15, 2014, 08:48:00 PM
Crow's won't fall unless injuries play a part. We should of made the eight this year except for the inconsistency in our game and Walsh will sort that.
But you could also say:
- Richmond would've easily made the 8 if they played half decent in the first half of the year
- Suns would've made the 8 if Gaz didn't get injured
- Pies could've made the 8 if they didn't cop so many injuries

I'm not sure if the Crows can finish above the Tigers and the Suns. Should have the Pies covered I think. But the only teams above you that you have a fair chance of finishing higher than IMO is the Eagles and the Bombers. 9th-12th would be my guess, but obviously a lot is dependent on draw and injuries and all that.

Grazz

kilbluff1985

yeah i will be surprised if Essendon make the 8 if i'm honest ASADA or not

powersuperkents

The Bombers would have had a top 4 season by now if they never got involved in substance abuse hahaha

Never should have consorted with those Scientists, they're a bad crowd

GoLions

TomK

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 15, 2014, 08:41:31 PM
Quote from: Ringo on October 15, 2014, 06:09:44 PM
2. Swans still Top 4
4. Fremantle still Top 4

Gile chose Essendon... Essendon!! & he's an SA native - I think that indicates where they are at in terms of stability.
You're joking right? Giles was always going to nominate Essendon. He actually has a chance of getting a game there with Ryder going out. If he came to the Crows, he would be stuck in the reserves all year. Pretty obvious choice for him.