Brisbane Trades and Draft discussion Thread

Started by Ringo, September 10, 2014, 10:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Dog

Quote from: Rusty00 on October 13, 2014, 03:45:43 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 13, 2014, 03:40:47 PM
Brisbane can never complain about "go home boys" again!
What about next year when Aish comes back to SA :-X

And Beames comes back to the Pies when he misses Eddie and Bux.. :)

GoLions

Rusty00

Quote from: GoLions on October 13, 2014, 03:48:56 PM

If you noticed, I posted the "lips sealed" emoticon afterwards so I didn't actually say it ;)

GoLions

Quote from: Rusty00 on October 13, 2014, 03:56:54 PM
Quote from: GoLions on October 13, 2014, 03:48:56 PM

If you noticed, I posted the "lips sealed" emoticon afterwards so I didn't actually say it ;)
You posted it though :P

Toga

Toga

Good get for the Lions in Christensen! Wonder whether he will play mainly up forward for you guys, or more in the middle?

Small forwards is one thing you are not lacking, although the midfield runs pretty deep as well!

Ringo

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,99272.0.html

This thread is a discussion on our best 22 for 2015 and all have Christensen in the Centre and possibly running down the wing.

Toga

Cheers Ringo didn't see that one. Will be interesting to see where he lines up

Ringo

Nice Toga still waiting to see whether 4 smalls is one to many but on form have to play all four atm. (Zorko, Christo, Green and Taylor all 176cms or shorter)

Toga

That's what I was thinking Ringo! Could one start as the sub?

Ringo

Green and Taylor were used as subs this year so not of the question but can not see it to start with.

powersuperkents

Quote from: nrich102 on October 13, 2014, 08:08:19 AM
How the flower can you not say crisp is good just cause he plays for the lions? If he did the same thin for Hawthorn would he be good?

So pick 30 isn't good enough for crisp because he was taken in the rookie draft? 5 years ago, if someone ofered pick 30 for cox would west coast accept it?? Of cause they would because he was taken at pick 28 in the rookie draft ::). Logic ::)
Probably one of the most illogical statements I've ever heard...

Crisp isn't good because he isn't proven... His draft pick indicates that, his playing history indicates that (last time I looked.. most AFL players have had a few good games, even delisted players have a few good games, Crisp is a prospect, nothing more, nothing less.. That is fact...), and the players he's competing for a spot with indicates that (e.g. I'm a huge Rocky fan, but I'm quite adamant he wouldn't have the same influence in a more competitive side).

This was what I referring to, where does this entitlement for a player like Crisp come from?? Remind me how many Brownlow votes/rising star nominations the kid has... No accolades whatsoever, if he had the same impact in Hawthorn it would make him significantly better, the quality of the Hawks list is no. 1 in the comp. The quality of Brisbane's list is 15th in the comp. Despite this, he isn't even a required player in Brisbane... Therefore, he is not worth any pick if the Lions are going to receive BEAMS!!! A FULL FLEDGED GUN.... BAM LOGIC... Collingwood would most likely reject the trade if the Lions asked for pick 30.. Crisp, #5 & #25 for Beams (considering the players current desires) is a more than fair trade (the Lions win that trade by a mile). Anyway where do you rate the Lions thinking you can compare Crisp to anyone in the Hawthorn playing group (the whole Hawthorn lineup is better than Crisp, Crisp wouldn't get a game in any top 4 - & would struggle in any top 8- team)...

My point is further proven by the fact the kid has zero accolades (league & club) and only 18 career games over 3 seasons.

Ringo

If you read my comments power you would see that I agreed with you. Even though Pick 30 was mooted no way should we insist on it as like you I think 5, 25 and Crisp is fair for Beams. Do not think though it is overs for a player wanting to leave. Crisp made it clear he would consider a return to Victoria so we added that to the offer hoping to get it over the line. Only talked about after making the fact known and he is out of contract as well.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ringo on October 13, 2014, 08:20:34 PM
If you read my comments power you would see that I agreed with you. Even though Pick 30 was mooted no way should we insist on it as like you I think 5, 25 and Crisp is fair for Beams. Do not think though it is overs for a player wanting to leave. Crisp made it clear he would consider a return to Victoria so we added that to the offer hoping to get it over the line. Only talked about after making the fact known and he is out of contract as well.
As far I know you said nothing I disagreed with  :)

My comment was directed at Nrich's emotive rhetoric  ;)

I think Collingwood should accept #5, #25, & Crisp. People are already claiming the Pies are being stubborn (as Beams wants to leave) and the fact Brisbane have thrown Crisp in means the Pies should take it. If they reject this offer it will be quite shocking

JBs-Hawks

Haha just heard what Christensons off-field issues were, good luck with him :P