Brisbane Trades and Draft discussion Thread

Started by Ringo, September 10, 2014, 10:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Quote from: strikes91 on October 11, 2014, 01:54:39 AM
Collingwood could still cave in, tony sheahan stating on twitter that beams is furious with Collingwood still asking for a trade to Brisbane

I don't blame him either

powersuperkents

Collingwood should just let their whole list go haha no one actually wants to play for them except Goldsack... and that's because if he tried free-agency... no one would want him hahaha

There's even precedent set - Plumber > Collingwood Midfielder

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 11, 2014, 03:01:42 PM
Collingwood should just let their whole list go haha no one actually wants to play for them except Goldsack... and that's because if he tried free-agency... no one would want him hahaha

Well Port wanted and tried to get Goldsack, Good try though  ::)

powersuperkents

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 11, 2014, 03:12:34 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on October 11, 2014, 03:01:42 PM

Well Port wanted and tried to get Goldsack, Good try though  ::)
I that was only a rumour  ???

If PAFC actually made him that offer he is an idiot for not taking it, Collingwood aren't even paying him that much now and he could have a shot at another premiership (if that's the case I think he was worried about his JS if he went to Port)

strikes91

Crisp involved, the deal will happen I reckon, just not sure what ends up where with 5 or so clubs involved.

powersuperkents

Quote from: strikes91 on October 11, 2014, 11:18:20 PM
Crisp involved, the deal will happen I reckon, just not sure what ends up where with 5 or so clubs involved.
I think Crisp will end up in Geelong because the only reason the 5-way trade failed was because Geelong weren't receiving fair consideration regarding the players they were going to lose (it was fair enough as well)

Brisbane Get: Beams & Christensen
Collingwood Get: Varcoe & Greenwood
Melbourne Get: Lumumba
Geelong Get: Mitch Clark, Picks 30 & 48

This is what AFL.com has reported. However, I was quite adamant that some of these players were free agents -which doesn't make sense. Furthermore, as you can see, considering what Geelong would potentially receive out of this 5-way trade was ridiculous, especially due to the fact they were giving away the second most. Assorted Draft picks will be introduced to the trade and my money would be on Crisp moving to Geelong (which would even the trade up). I think a move back to Victoria will be good for Crisp.

or

Brisbane will give it's 1st & 2nd round picks + Crisp for Beams. However, that would mean the Lions miss out on Christensen (in a one-for-one trade Geelong aren't willing to go lower than pick 21). The strange thing is I thought the Christensen trade was completed, i.e. irreversible, or would Geelong pass on Travis Varcoe, to Collingwood, in lieu of pick 21?

powersuperkents

Just noticed pick 21 was a compensation pick and that the 2nd round pick offered to Collingwood was pick 25. I think Brisbane will be fine securing both players now - with the 5-way trade. It'll be so fun gloating over Collingwood capitulating and handing over Beams after their attempting ploy on last week. The fact the are considering a 5-way trade - after Friday!!! indicates that Brisbane are in control of this transfer between the two clubs.

If the 5-way fails Beams could go for Jack Crisp, pick 5 & 25. This would mean the Magpies were denied every player on their shortlist  ;D

kilbluff1985

GoLions

Yeah, pretty sure 21 for Christensen isn't actually a part of the 5-club deal. Geelong already said they'd accept 21, Brisbane said that they'd offer it if the medical went well (which it did).

strikes91

going by twitter deal is done, which should lead to something like this

Lions IN : Beam, Christensen
Lions OUT : 5,21,25,Crisp

Pies IN: 5, Greenwood, Crisp, Varcoe
PIES Out : Beams, Lumumba

Cats IN : Clark, 21
Cats OUT : Christensen, Varcoe

North IN : 25
North Out : Greenwood

Demons IN Lumbumba
Demons Out : Clark

LF

Quote from: strikes91 on October 12, 2014, 10:37:25 PM
going by twitter deal is done, which should lead to something like this

Lions IN : Beam, Christensen
Lions OUT : 5,21,25,Crisp

Pies IN: 5, Greenwood, Crisp, Varcoe
PIES Out : Beams, Lumumba

Cats IN : Clark, 21
Cats OUT : Christensen, Varcoe

North IN : 25
North Out : Greenwood

Demons IN Lumbumba
Demons Out : Clark

Pies don`t half win big time there do they ::)

GoLions

I don't get why we would throw in Crisp as well when the Pies already would have accepted the deal without him...

There'd have to be an extra pick involved for us I would've thought.

strikes91

Quote from: GoLions on October 12, 2014, 10:41:04 PM
I don't get why we would throw in Crisp as well when the Pies already would have accepted the deal without him...

I'd want pick 30 if crisp is involved

Big Mac

When did they accept 5 and 25?

GoLions

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 12, 2014, 10:57:13 PM

When did they accept 5 and 25?
In the initial 5-club deal proposed by Collingwood, we weren't getting rid of any players. Just picks 5 and 25. The fact that they proposed it kinda means they accept it :P