Brisbane Trades and Draft discussion Thread

Started by Ringo, September 10, 2014, 10:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Quote from: Ricochet on October 10, 2014, 06:27:57 PM
Derek Hine has reportedly said that Collingwood were prepared trade Beams and pick 30 in return for 5, 21 and 25, however the Lions pulled out of the deal.

Obviously Brissie couldn't accept that because they're getting Christo..

Surely Brisbane could have done that and then offered 30 + something small for Christensen!

GoLions

Quote from: Toga on October 10, 2014, 06:52:37 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 10, 2014, 06:27:57 PM
Derek Hine has reportedly said that Collingwood were prepared trade Beams and pick 30 in return for 5, 21 and 25, however the Lions pulled out of the deal.

Obviously Brissie couldn't accept that because they're getting Christo..

Surely Brisbane could have done that and then offered 30 + something small for Christensen!
We'd risk the Suns offering something better then. Would have to go back into talks with the Cats to see what they would accept along with pick 30, which would take a bit of time anyway.

Ringo

Seems strange that Pies would change and have not had that offer confirmed when they were insisting they wanted players not picks and all of a sudden wanted 3 picks and no players.

shaker

Like how the Pies think if nothing gets done Beams is just going to fall back into line and play next year , don't think there is any chance of that happening Lions are not being scared off with there bluff , Pies must take 5 and 25 or risk getting nothing

powersuperkents

Collingwood may have held onto Beams. However, they are still worse off, not only do they retain a gun player, they retain a gun player who will now be incredibly unhappy (people underestimate it, but it impact performance). Beams would have got his hopes up (to be close to family as well) and the only way he will perceive it is, Collingwood impeded his happiness.

However long remains on his contract will be how long he remains at Collingwood. The pie should have taken a deal while they could still receive value for him. That's why the Bomber's are currently pissing me off with the Ryder trade. Like Beams, if it's reached the point where he can't stand the team, why even bother retaining him, it'll provide anything but benefit. 

kilbluff1985

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 10, 2014, 09:50:42 PM
Collingwood may have held onto Beams. However, they are still worse off, not only do they retain a gun player, they retain a gun player who will now be incredibly unhappy (people underestimate it, but it impact performance). Beams would have got his hopes up (to be close to family as well) and the only way he will perceive it is, Collingwood impeded his happiness.

However long remains on his contract will be how long he remains at Collingwood. The pie should have taken a deal while they could still receive value for him. That's why the Bomber's are currently pissing me off with the Ryder trade. Like Beams, if it's reached the point where he can't stand the team, why even bother retaining him, it'll provide anything but benefit.

If we were offered pick 5 I think we would take it

_wato

KB there is no comparison mate, Beams is 10x a player Ryder is and ever will be, you know that. 

Essendon are stupid to not take pick 17 - However, Collingwood is a whole different situation, and I can see why they didn't want pick 5 and 25, because they'd on trade 25 for Levi, effectively meaning we only got Pick 5 for Beams which is way undervalued.

Are people missing that part of the trade? And well, Lester/Golby plus Pick 5 is insulting hahahaha, sorry you lads

kilbluff1985

10x the player? Your dreaming rucks are way more valuable and harder to come by and Ryder is a ruck/forward and one of the best on the league

roo boys!

Don't see how that works wato. If you ontrade the pick you get (25) for Greenwood, then aren't you effectively getting Pick 5 + Greenwood for Beams?

Can't complain with that tbh

Big Mac

Quote from: roo boys! on October 10, 2014, 10:13:25 PM
Don't see how that works wato. If you ontrade the pick you get (25) for Greenwood, then aren't you effectively getting Pick 5 + Greenwood for Beams?

This.

Regardless though, I agree that Beams is worth more than pick 5 and 25. He isn't worth more than that to Brisbane though.

ADEZ

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 10, 2014, 10:19:48 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on October 10, 2014, 10:13:25 PM

This.

Regardless though, I agree that Beams is worth more than pick 5 and 25. He isn't worth more than that to Brisbane though.

powersuperkents

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 10, 2014, 10:12:44 PM
10x the player? Your dreaming rucks are way more valuable and harder to come by and Ryder is a ruck/forward and one of the best on the league
It's not really a big deal though, Ryder has stated if he isn't traded to Port... HE QUITS!!

Idk what Essendon want, best case scenario for both teams. Essendon gain pick 17 (and whatever else Port are offering) and Port gain Ryder. Or Essendon lose Ryder and Port continue their run for the flag with Gorringe. ASADA + Gorringe + Negligence conduct to employees + new found demand among players to join the Power/new found demand among players to leave the Bombers = the weakest bargaining position in AFL trade history. There is really nothing Essendon can do now that Ryder has made up his mind. He's already submitted a plea to initiate legal proceedings to rescind the contract so he can join the Power as a free agent. Essendon really are just being stubborn now, I think by next season (or even the season afterwards), Ryder will be in the Silver, Teal, Black & White regardless of whether or not the Dons gain something or not. Everything the Bombers have done to this point is solely purposed to delay his career development. They should really just accept pick 17 and work on the club's management because they are only in this position because of imprudent executive decisions (I still don't understand why they even implemented a supplements program, they could have won a premiership by now - certainly would at least a top four finish).

Collingwood aren't as disadvantaged as the Dons in terms of bargaining positions. However, they are a traditional club (and traditional clubs are always the most self-entitled & stubborn when it comes to interactions with who they perceive as lesser clubs). I know GCS said they weren't interested, however I wouldn't be surprised if they now took a shot at Beams (Collingwood would probably send them a short-list containing the names Ablett, O'Meara, Prestia, or Swallow though hahahahahaha)

strikes91

Collingwood could still cave in, tony sheahan stating on twitter that beams is furious with Collingwood still asking for a trade to Brisbane

powersuperkents

Quote from: strikes91 on October 11, 2014, 01:54:39 AM
Collingwood could still cave in, tony sheahan stating on twitter that beams is furious with Collingwood still asking for a trade to Brisbane
I would honestly still have the Lions as the frontrunners as well (ahead of Collingwood). It was a negotiation tactic by Collingwood... & it failed... The pies can play it off however they want.. The Lions stood strong and didn't capitulate and Beams is going to perceive his side as being so much more unreasonable now

Nails

Ryder retires

Beams says oh sounds good I'll retire too

Collingwood go oh shower

Brisbane end up with Beams for pick 5.