Brisbane Trades and Draft discussion Thread

Started by Ringo, September 10, 2014, 10:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strikes91

yep :(

things are done now i'd be offering up 5 and 21 for beams 25 for christensen

or 5,21,25 to collingwood

Ringo

Shows though that we are a compassionate club and willing to consider players welfare with the Patful trade.

Not really sure whether we really need Christo with Zorks and Squizzy going into the midfield at times.  Vhristo is yet another small and plays mainly mid so who misses out of Hanley, Rich, Rockliff, Redden, Aish, Zorko, Taylor and co to accommodate. Add to the Beams factor as well.

strikes91

Christensen would be a late minute thing if beams deal fell through

GoLions

Ringo

After me first GL you van be my back up in case i miss.

Do not think Aish wants to go to Melbourne anyway.

As I said not really concerned if Beams deal does not go down as we will get him next year - Get Christensen with either 21 or 25 and still have Pick 5 to get best available.

nrich102

Spite

I would be surprised if that happened.

BUT if it did, then you'd have to think maybe he wasn't going to stay a Lion long term anyway so it works out well for you to at least get someone like Beams

strikes91

I don't think him leaving to go to the pies is a problem. Adelaide next year though....

Spite

Quote from: strikes91 on October 09, 2014, 10:47:45 PM
I don't think him leaving to go to the pies is a problem. Adelaide next year though....

Grundy, broomhead, Ben kennedy. Genius recruiting strategy to draft all three SA boys in a row to try and keep them happy and at the club. Aish would probably fit in well but if he was to go as part of a dangerfield deal, I wouldn't mind :p

But I seriously don't think Aish will leave tomorrow.

JBs-Hawks

Pretty sure before he was drafted he said he wanted to be a one club player wherever he ended up.

_wato

Now that Christensen has nominated Brisbane, surely a player such as Mayes/Aish is up for trade now.. Someone will be unhappy because there is absolutely no way you can play everyone in the same team, there just isn't enough spots for all your fwd/mids.

Redden, Rich, Christensen and Beams all need a spot in your team from the team that finished the last game this year, and with Patfull gone you need a key defender in his spot - otherwise your team will be extremely unstructured.

nrich102

Merrett can go back, easy as that wato.

I'll stick to what I've said before - Sell Golby and Crisp!!!!

Ringo

Quote from: _wato on October 09, 2014, 11:05:36 PM
Now that Christensen has nominated Brisbane, surely a player such as Mayes/Aish is up for trade now.. Someone will be unhappy because there is absolutely no way you can play everyone in the same team, there just isn't enough spots for all your fwd/mids.

Redden, Rich, Christensen and Beams all need a spot in your team from the team that finished the last game this year, and with Patfull gone you need a key defender in his spot - otherwise your team will be extremely unstructured.
Merrett will revert to defence as we will be playing both Berger/Martin so will have a resting ruck forward.  McStay/Freeman/Close and forgotten man Staker can all play forward.

Lester or Bewick are the ones who would miss out so that is why I have been suggesting Lester should be offered with pick 5.

and love this tweet just received from Leppa

Justin Leppitsch ‏@JLeppitsch 59s59 seconds ago
BL fans. Dont listen to those that have plans to destabilize us. Kids will not be traded. BTW Did you hear pendles wants out. It's that easy

GoLions

Pick 21 for Patfull. Hopefully we can use it to get Beams and/or Christensen.

Sad to see Joel go though, such an underrated player, served us so well. Wish him all the best at GWS.

SydneyRox

Quote from: GoLions on October 10, 2014, 02:43:06 PM
Pick 21 for Patfull. Hopefully we can use it to get Beams and/or Christensen.

Sad to see Joel go though, such an underrated player, served us so well. Wish him all the best at GWS.

Balme just said on trade radio they would accept 21 for Christo