Brisbane Trades and Draft discussion Thread

Started by Ringo, September 10, 2014, 10:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

Quote from: shaker on October 05, 2014, 04:15:44 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on October 05, 2014, 04:07:45 PM
Quote from: shaker on October 05, 2014, 03:55:23 PM
PS : Ringo said you don't get much AFL news up there looked at recent posts but Beams snubbed the Copeland trophy night also a team day at the races  ::)
What are you even trying to say?

In Queensland, we get zero gayfl news. You try living up here, and you will see that to get any gayfl news we have to go Victorian websites. Getting gayfl on the front or back page of the paper is unheard of up her, as rugby is far better than gayfl will ever be.

PS: Mate, dont talk to ringo like that, he is 100 times a person than you will ever be.

idiot  ::)

WTF are you for real ? Ringo thanked me for putting up any AFL news as you don't get much up there , not having a go at anyone hop off your high horse just posting things that Lions fans might not be aware of IDIOT  :o

Well the ' ::)'  makes it look like you are trying to insult him.

Ringo

Settle both of you. As a mod as well i would hate to have to ban both of you for Personal attacks which this is degenerating into.  take it is a warning to both of you to keep to football matters and not resort to Personal Attacks.

Fair enough we do not get a lot of AFL news but sites like this allow us to keep up to date but no need to keep the personal attacks going at expense of football.

For information was aware of both facts concerning Beams. 

shaker

Quote from: nrich102 on October 05, 2014, 04:21:49 PM
Quote from: shaker on October 05, 2014, 04:15:44 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on October 05, 2014, 04:07:45 PM
Quote from: shaker on October 05, 2014, 03:55:23 PM
PS : Ringo said you don't get much AFL news up there looked at recent posts but Beams snubbed the Copeland trophy night also a team day at the races  ::)
What are you even trying to say?

In Queensland, we get zero gayfl news. You try living up here, and you will see that to get any gayfl news we have to go Victorian websites. Getting gayfl on the front or back page of the paper is unheard of up her, as rugby is far better than gayfl will ever be.

PS: Mate, dont talk to ringo like that, he is 100 times a person than you will ever be.

idiot  ::)

WTF are you for real ? Ringo thanked me for putting up any AFL news as you don't get much up there , not having a go at anyone hop off your high horse just posting things that Lions fans might not be aware of IDIOT  :o

Well the ' ::)'  makes it look like you are trying to insult him.

The  ::) is about Beams snubbing the Pies seeing as he only wants to leave for his fathers health thought Lions fans might be interested maybe just query before launching an attack all good  ;)

nrich102

shaker

Quote from: nrich102 on October 05, 2014, 04:47:36 PM
Sorry shaker, I misunderstood you there.

No worries mate just got a bit of a shock  :)

Ringo

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2014-10-06/successful-bids-snare-trio

Really happy with our father/son academy bidding today. Picks subject to change with F/A
Liam Dawson with Pick 41 (Thought we may had to use 2nd Round on him so 3rd round is great)
Harris Andrews with Pick 60.  This is a steal imo as North Melbourne bid pick 40 and as we had already committed pick 41 for Liam Dawson had to use our next pick which was 60 on hi,.

No bids received for Josh Clayton so we will take him with our last round draft pick currently 116.

Summary of the players selected:
Liam Dawson
The strong  188cm defender/midfielder can play a creative role or lock down on an opponent. Was injured in this year's NAB AFL Under-18 Championships but won the Harrison Medal in 2013. Showcased his renowned skills when he scored 25/30 in the clean hands test and 25/30 in the goal-kicking test at the NAB AFL Combine. From the Brisbane Lions Academy.
Harris Andrews
The tall 200cm defender/ruckman from Queensland is known as a good user of the ball who can also push forward and provide a target, given his genuine presence in the contest. Was nominated by the Brisbane Lions after being part of the club's academy. Can play a variety of roles and has good endurance to go with his strong overhead marking ability.
Josh Clayton
The son of Gold Coast list manager and former Fitzroy player Scott Clayton has been nominated by the Brisbane Lions, who would be attracted to his versatility and ability to read the game. An athletic 190cm prospect, he was used all over the ground with TAC Cup side Sandringham and Vic Metro this season and appears best suited as a lead-up forward who can move into the midfield.

Further information and meet the players here:
http://www.lions.com.au/news/2014-10-06/meet-the-latest-lions

Great to see we are getting more talls to replace those nearing the end of career.

dirkdiggler

Quote from: GoLions on October 04, 2014, 02:20:42 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 04, 2014, 02:17:55 PM
Quote from: Big  Mac on October 04, 2014, 02:14:34 PM
Would you guys be happy giving up your first and second rounders? IMO this would be fair to both parties. Collingwood demanding anything more would be stupid and unfair to Beams.
I think the Pies want a player in return though which is the problem.
But they want a player worth at least a first round pick, if not more. The guys they want we arguably value just as much as they value Beams. It's flowering stupid.

I cannot see how Collingwood can expect more than pick 4 (now pick 5) for Beams. It's simply unrealistic, but it's just a positioning statement Brisbane will probably offer an exchange of picks as a sweetner..Pies know that can't expect to keep Beams, especially in his personal circumstances. Playing hardball for too long in those circumstances won't be a good look for the Pies.

Ricochet

Quote from: dirkdiggler on October 06, 2014, 07:00:21 PM
Quote from: GoLions on October 04, 2014, 02:20:42 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 04, 2014, 02:17:55 PM
Quote from: Big  Mac on October 04, 2014, 02:14:34 PM
Would you guys be happy giving up your first and second rounders? IMO this would be fair to both parties. Collingwood demanding anything more would be stupid and unfair to Beams.
I think the Pies want a player in return though which is the problem.
But they want a player worth at least a first round pick, if not more. The guys they want we arguably value just as much as they value Beams. It's flowering stupid.

I cannot see how Collingwood can expect more than pick 4 (now pick 5) for Beams. It's simply unrealistic, but it's just a positioning statement Brisbane will probably offer an exchange of picks as a sweetner..Pies know that can't expect to keep Beams, especially in his personal circumstances. Playing hardball for too long in those circumstances won't be a good look for the Pies.
Beams is worth more than just pick 4 man

kilbluff1985

my guess is it will end up being the 3 way trade including Greenwood or Brisbanes 1st and 2nd rounder for Beams

Vinny

Pick 5 & Ryan Lester is pretty decent IMO. Lester was very good when he played and showed he can compete at the top level. Not sure if Pies exactly need him to be honest but just saying, he is a pretty handy player.

kilbluff1985

he wasn't/isn't that good Vinny still hasn't cemented his spot and probably never will with the young kids they have coming through

he is just a mature age player to help the team during the rebuild  like Matt Jones

Vinny

He isn't super but still goes alright. He is only 22 years old as well. I just can't see Brisbane giving someone like Aish/Mayes even though Beamsy is a freak.

GoLions

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 06, 2014, 07:24:17 PM
he wasn't/isn't that good Vinny still hasn't cemented his spot and probably never will with the young kids they have coming through

he is just a mature age player to help the team during the rebuild  like Matt Jones
When you have a midfield of Rocky, Redden, Rich, Zorko, Hanley, Aish, and (probably) Beams, even if you're good you won't be able to cement a spot. I actually really like Lester and would be nice to keep him, but he'll probably get more of an opportunity somewhere else.

Quote from: Vinny on October 06, 2014, 07:32:12 PM
He isn't super but still goes alright. He is only 22 years old as well. I just can't see Brisbane giving someone like Aish/Mayes even though Beamsy is a freak.
Me neither. After losing so many kids last year. I can't see us giving up anyone who is in our best 22

Ringo

Yep as Warren said today we lost a lot last year and am different to other clubs in that we need to retain our youth. Zorko or Hanley would be unlikely to go want go to the Pies given Zorko is a Qlder and Hanley has his brother coming out. Aish and Mayes probably do not want to go either being South Australians and Mayes has already said he wants to be part of Brisbane team.

Think the trade with either be 2 picks or pick 4 and a lesser player like Golby, Lester or Crisp. Lester has played 52 games Golby 51 and Zorko 59 for comparisons as well.

I am concerned that Suns may trump us with Picks 8 & 15, Maybe we should be looking at working a deal with them that sends our pick 4 and their pick 15 to Pies.

nrich102

Maybe we should give Paine back hahaha  :P