Brisbane Trades and Draft discussion Thread

Started by Ringo, September 10, 2014, 10:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

What are the Pies actually classifying as a class player? There's no way they're getting any of Hanley, Rich, Rocky, Redden, etc. That would just be us paying overs for someone who we could potentially get for nothing in a year. Obviously pick 4 isn't enough, but I would've thought someone like Golby added to the mix would be a fair deal. IMO he has a lot of potential (as showed last year), and the Pies would benefit in having him at half back.

Although at this point I reckon it's likely we may end up giving up 2 picks, probably as you said Ringo if we get a decent pick for Merrett (assuming he does leave).

Nige

Quote from: GoLions on October 04, 2014, 02:02:51 PM
What are the Pies actually classifying as a class player? There's no way they're getting any of Hanley, Rich, Rocky, Redden, etc. That would just be us paying overs for someone who we could potentially get for nothing in a year. Obviously pick 4 isn't enough, but I would've thought someone like Golby added to the mix would be a fair deal. IMO he has a lot of potential (as showed last year), and the Pies would benefit in having him at half back.

Although at this point I reckon it's likely we may end up giving up 2 picks, probably as you said Ringo if we get a decent pick for Merrett (assuming he does leave).
A class player to Collingwood is somebody not on the table, whether it be your best few or the up and coming kids. Just Collingwood being Collingwood.

Big Mac

Would you guys be happy giving up your first and second rounders? IMO this would be fair to both parties. Collingwood demanding anything more would be stupid and unfair to Beams.

Nige

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 04, 2014, 02:14:34 PM
Would you guys be happy giving up your first and second rounders? IMO this would be fair to both parties. Collingwood demanding anything more would be stupid and unfair to Beams.
I think the Pies want a player in return though which is the problem.

GoLions

Quote from: Nige on October 04, 2014, 02:17:55 PM
But they want a player worth at least a first round pick, if not more. The guys they want we arguably value just as much as they value Beams. It's flowering stupid.

Big Mac

Quote from: GoLions on October 04, 2014, 02:20:42 PM
But they want a player worth at least a first round pick, if not more. The guys they want we arguably value just as much as they value Beams. It's flowering stupid.
Why would they even ask for pick 4 + Aish or whoever in exchange for Beams? That's like trying to trade Lumumba for pick 3

Nige

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 04, 2014, 02:29:45 PM
Quote from: GoLions on October 04, 2014, 02:20:42 PM
Why would they even ask for pick 4 + Aish or whoever in exchange for Beams? That's like trying to trade Lumumba for pick 3
Because Eddie.

strikes91

Collingwood want a ready made player stated a week or so ago by buckley, now they want a top class player or is that the media trying to help collingwood

DazBurg

dunno but i actually have to agree with collingwood (shudders)..golby + 4 isn't good enough Golby not good enough

(and before i'm shot down at how much potential golby as etc etc if he was that good you wouldn't be so willing to get rid of him ala Aish :P )

Ringo

Lester is an established player and Golby is competing with Harwood for that position in Brisbanes 22 so fail to see how you can not say not good enough.  Would like to keep both but if it means getting Beams willing to let go.  (Remember they are only suggestions at this moment as both come from Victoria). $ and Hanley is way over for Beams.
If Pies are concerned about pick 4 remember we got Aish at 7 in last years draft.

Vinny

So what happens if both teams cannot come to an agreement on a trade?

Beams has made it very clear he is not staying at Collingwood.

nrich102

Quote from: Vinny on October 05, 2014, 03:38:52 PM
So what happens if both teams cannot come to an agreement on a trade?

Beams has made it very clear he is not staying at Collingwood.
Could delist him self and go into the draft? idk, but I think thats one option.

shaker

My guess is the Pies will take pick 4 or 5 plus a lesser player Beams seems like he wants nothing to do with them and won't be playing for them next year trade deal or not

PS : Ringo said you don't get much AFL news up there I looked at recent posts but Beams snubbed the Copeland trophy night also a team day at the races  ::)

nrich102

Quote from: shaker on October 05, 2014, 03:55:23 PM
PS : Ringo said you don't get much AFL news up there looked at recent posts but Beams snubbed the Copeland trophy night also a team day at the races  ::)
What are you even trying to say?

In Queensland, we get zero gayfl news. You try living up here, and you will see that to get any gayfl news we have to go Victorian websites. Getting gayfl on the front or back page of the paper is unheard of up her, as rugby is far better than gayfl will ever be.

PS: Mate, dont talk to ringo like that, he is 100 times a person than you will ever be.

idiot  ::)

shaker

Quote from: nrich102 on October 05, 2014, 04:07:45 PM
Quote from: shaker on October 05, 2014, 03:55:23 PM
PS : Ringo said you don't get much AFL news up there looked at recent posts but Beams snubbed the Copeland trophy night also a team day at the races  ::)
What are you even trying to say?

In Queensland, we get zero gayfl news. You try living up here, and you will see that to get any gayfl news we have to go Victorian websites. Getting gayfl on the front or back page of the paper is unheard of up her, as rugby is far better than gayfl will ever be.

PS: Mate, dont talk to ringo like that, he is 100 times a person than you will ever be.

idiot  ::)

WTF are you for real ? Ringo thanked me for putting up any AFL news as you don't get much up there , not having a go at anyone hop off your high horse just posting things that Lions fans might not be aware of IDIOT  :o