Brisbane Trades and Draft discussion Thread

Started by Ringo, September 10, 2014, 10:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strikes91

Sounds like he might offload pick 4 for a certain midfielder ?

Ringo

Would not mind losing pick 4 if that is the case?

All the hype has been a Tall with our first pick but if we land Ryder is it necessary given we have McStay (who can play both ends), Freeman, Close and Bourke still developing. Staker also fills a forward role when fit. Plus a possible resting ruck in Berger/Martin. Maybe that is the reason Leppa made the comment.

nrich102

I think we should use Golby as trade bait. Has fallen out of sorts this year I think, and Harwood has now overtaken him, and Cutler can play that sort of role as well.

GoLions

Quote from: nrich102 on September 13, 2014, 01:12:59 PM
I think we should use Golby as trade bait. Has fallen out of sorts this year I think, and Harwood has now overtaken him, and Cutler can play that sort of role as well.
Would've lost a lot of value since end of last year though, would still want something/someone fairly decent for him as I still think he has a lot of potential

nrich102

Quote from: GoLions16 on September 13, 2014, 01:19:14 PM
Would've lost a lot of value since end of last year though, would still want something/someone fairly decent for him as I still think he has a lot of potential
Yeah, I wouldn't want him to go cheaply. But just looked horrible this year.

Ringo

Quote from: nrich102 on September 13, 2014, 01:21:24 PM
Just remember he had a couple of injuries that effected him this year (only played 12 games). Worth persevering with imo as he was sub twice and was used twice by Leppa as a forward tagger.
Leppa experimented a couple of times with young guys to enhance their education with Mayes being the main example so need to take that into consideration as well. 
Rumours though that we may be interested in Gwilt but certainly hope not.

nrich102

Quote from: Ringo on September 13, 2014, 01:51:25 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on September 13, 2014, 01:21:24 PM
Just remember he had a couple of injuries that effected him this year (only played 12 games). Worth persevering with imo as he was sub twice and was used twice by Leppa as a forward tagger.
Leppa experimented a couple of times with young guys to enhance their education with Mayes being the main example so need to take that into consideration as well. 
Rumours though that we may be interested in Gwilt but certainly hope not.
Taking Gwilt will only take us backwards.

Ringo

Just pushing this post up so as to not clog the Brisbane Discussion thread,

Beams - What will be the final offer that gets him here. Thinking Pick 4 plus Golby or Lester, Do not honestly think pick 4 will cut it when you consider what Hawthorn paid for Burgoyne.

Patful - As he has made it clear his post football pursuits rest in Sydney will we try and do a three way trade with GWS to get Beams to Brisbane.

Merrett - Sauce is now attracting some attention and by his own admission may be getting stale and a change of environment may be required.

Crisp is also still unsigned so he may be a wild card in the trade room.

Would hate to loose both Patful and Sauce and if it happens will really put some pressure on Goose to continue developing the youthful backline in Gardner, Clarke, McStay and co. May mean we re-draft Michael to cover,

dirkdiggler

Quote from: Ringo on September 30, 2014, 12:06:35 PM
Just pushing this post up so as to not clog the Brisbane Discussion thread,

Beams - What will be the final offer that gets him here. Thinking Pick 4 plus Golby or Lester, Do not honestly think pick 4 will cut it when you consider what Hawthorn paid for Burgoyne.

Patful - As he has made it clear his post football pursuits rest in Sydney will we try and do a three way trade with GWS to get Beams to Brisbane.

Merrett - Sauce is now attracting some attention and by his own admission may be getting stale and a change of environment may be required.

Crisp is also still unsigned so he may be a wild card in the trade room.

Would hate to loose both Patful and Sauce and if it happens will really put some pressure on Goose to continue developing the youthful backline in Gardner, Clarke, McStay and co. May mean we re-draft Michael to cover,

think the Beams situation is unique....he wants to go home for reasons that go beyond the game IMO...Yes he is contracted but I anything from Collingwood that is seen as "too hardball" I don't think is a good look on the club. It's not like Lions are offering a second round pick. Pick 4 is a good offer. Anything else is overs IMO

Ringo

Only issue is that if Melbourne get a compo pick for Frawley and it is pick 3 we slip down one making pick 4 a little less attractive.  Know it is only one down but in this draft may mean a lot.

Ricochet

Greg Swann was saying that Brissie don't think Melb will get pick 3 for Frawley. So you might be ok there

Ringo

It is up to how the committee rules on it. So basically is Frawley worth pick 4and the answer has to be no.

dirkdiggler

Quote from: Ricochet on September 30, 2014, 03:36:25 PM
Greg Swann was saying that Brissie don't think Melb will get pick 3 for Frawley. So you might be ok there

Dees - pick 3 for Frawley
Hawks pick 18 for Buddy

I can see how this will work out fairly lol

strikes91

Quote from: dirkdiggler on September 30, 2014, 04:02:41 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 30, 2014, 03:36:25 PM

Dees - pick 3 for Frawley
Hawks pick 18 for Buddy

I can see how this will work out fairly lol

Did they get 18 because their first pick was 17 ?

strikes91

I know it's early days but if we blow the trade i'm not going to be happy.