Brisbane Trades and Draft discussion Thread

Started by Ringo, September 10, 2014, 10:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Quote from: GoLions on October 12, 2014, 10:58:34 PM
Quote from: Big  Mac on October 12, 2014, 10:57:13 PM
Quote from: GoLions on October 12, 2014, 10:41:04 PM
I don't get why we would throw in Crisp as well when the Pies already would have accepted the deal without him...

There'd have to be an extra pick involved for us I would've thought.

When did they accept 5 and 25?
In the initial 5-club deal proposed by Collingwood, we weren't getting rid of any players. Just picks 5 and 25. The fact that they proposed it kinda means they accept it :P

I didn't realise anything was confirmed - Fair enough though I can't see Crisp being involved then

GoLions

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 12, 2014, 11:11:31 PM
I don't get why we would throw in Crisp as well when the Pies already would have accepted the deal without him...

In the initial 5-club deal proposed by Collingwood, we weren't getting rid of any players. Just picks 5 and 25. The fact that they proposed it kinda means they accept it :P

I didn't realise anything was confirmed - Fair enough though I can't see Crisp being involved then
It wasn't confirmed because we were having a medical done for Christensen on Saturday, and so couldn't accept the deal. I think there's a fair chance Crisp goes, but we could get something like pick 30 out of it.

powersuperkents

North comes out the worst. Although Greenwood isn't a proven player, pick 25 isn't good enough. However, I'd still say the trades were fair for every team (North can benefit through a 2nd round selection).

Has the trade been completed? No mention of it yet on the AFL website, only the idea that the trade is to be reviewed by all clubs.

_wato

No way you get pick 30 for Crisp who was taken at pick 40 in the Rookie Draft.

Maybe a late pick, but that's all I'd be giving up for him.

strikes91

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 12, 2014, 11:14:24 PM
North comes out the worst. Although Greenwood isn't a proven player, pick 25 isn't good enough. However, I'd still say the trades were fair for every team (North can benefit through a 2nd round selection).

Has the trade been completed? No mention of it yet on the AFL website, only the idea that the trade is to be reviewed by all clubs.

The story only came out tonight, everyone will meet up again tomorrow and they'll go from there

powersuperkents

Crisp isn't that good a player (last time I looked, 5 good games at the end of the year doesn't make him in-expendable), the Lions aren't complaining about Crisp because it would be ridiculous to complain about giving up a pick 40 rookie draft player. I think they are being given a bargain (the Pies would be the second biggest winners though). Redden, Hanley, Rockliff, Aish, & Mayes are all understandable, incredible young players two of which were top 10 draft picks. If any supporter complains about Crisp it would be ridiculous (just looking at that trade you would want to be in the Lion's seat - I'm starting to see why Leppa was the better choice than Voss (criticised it at first)  :)

powersuperkents

Quote from: _wato on October 12, 2014, 11:18:43 PM
No way you get pick 30 for Crisp who was taken at pick 40 in the Rookie Draft.

Maybe a late pick, but that's all I'd be giving up for him.
hahahahahaha I think Lions supporters rank their team/players a lot higher than they really are

Lets not forget they finished 15th last season (only 7 wins & 15 losses, won less than half their games)...

Crisp is rubbish and the Lions shouldn't expect a pick in return, his only purpose is for incentive -because the pies want players- and a situation like this is most likely why they drafting him in the first place.

Pick No. 5 > Crisp (atm - could be used on the next Tambling)
Rockliff, Hanley, Redden, Aish > Pick No. 5 (atm - could be used on the next champion)

Don't get me wrong, I think the Lions are a strong prospective side (could be a future top 4 team). However, as of now, 'future' & 'could' are the key words. They are still in the development phase, and Leppa has been doing a really good job considering that they were the 2nd favourite team for the spoon at the beginning of the season. However, the club and supporters have been getting a bit too far ahead of themselves (one kid at my uni is ridiculous with how highly he rates the current side - at one stage he called Martin, Rocky, & Hanley 'the most inform midfield in the AFL' despite the fact the Lions had been playing teams on the lower/out-of-form side of the spectrum haha) and lets not forget the whole animal rights fiasco - in which they were aiming to emulate the PAFC game-day experience. They need to claim down, they can experiment with those antics once the team is past the development stage & into the top 4 - you need to attract a crowd before you entertain them.

nrich102

How the flower can you not say crisp is good just cause he plays for the lions? If he did the same thin for Hawthorn would he be good?

So pick 30 isn't good enough for crisp because he was taken in the rookie draft? 5 years ago, if someone ofered pick 30 for cox would west coast accept it?? Of cause they would because he was taken at pick 28 in the rookie draft ::). Logic ::)

JBs-Hawks

Crisp wouldn't get a game at Hawthorn now run  along

kilbluff1985

i like Crisp but hasnt show enough to be worth pick 30 when you consider Pies might get GREENWOOD FOR 25

Ringo

Quote from: GoLions on October 12, 2014, 11:13:42 PM
Quote from: Big  Mac on October 12, 2014, 11:11:31 PM

It wasn't confirmed because we were having a medical done for Christensen on Saturday, and so couldn't accept the deal. I think there's a fair chance Crisp goes, but we could get something like pick 30 out of it.
I agree that Pick 30 was mooted with Crisp added but to be honest would expect a later pick if at all given Crisp has only played the six games. Admittedly showed a bit and not being disrespectful to others who said we rate our team higher than it should be we did win 6 out of our last 12 games and this imo was due to the players getting used to Leppas game plan. In all but two of the last games we were competitive including games against top 8 sides. Also remember it was commonly agreed Brisbane had the toughest draw thi year.
My only reservation with the trade is that Brisbane will no have no chance of early picks unless further trades are done as our picks after 25 will be used on Dawson and Harris with our first pick currently 81.  However this needs to be balanced with the inclusion of Beams and Christensen.

Ricochet

http://www.lions.com.au/brisbanelions/news/2014-10-13/lions-land-christensen

The Brisbane Lions today lodged the paperwork for a trade that will see former Geelong premiership player Allen Christensen join the Club.

The Lions acquired the talented 23-year-old midfielder in return for Pick No.21, which the Club received from GWS in exchange for veteran defender, Joel Patfull.

GoLions

JBs-Hawks

Brisbane can never complain about "go home boys" again!

Rusty00

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 13, 2014, 03:40:47 PM
Brisbane can never complain about "go home boys" again!
What about next year when Aish comes back to SA :-X