Brisbane Trades and Draft discussion Thread

Started by Ringo, September 10, 2014, 10:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Maybe pick 4 and Golby and paine may be the one that gets over the line HaHa

strikes91

Be hard for the suns to take him now that Malceski has signed on for them. Pies being unrealistic with the players they want. Beams is class but I wouldn't offer up a gun player

Pick 5 and Lester Or Pick 5,25 and Mitch Golby

Ringo

Jack Redden now rumoured to be in the request but imo can get lost no way is beams worth Pick 4 and Redden.

Suspect as Strikes has suggested Pick 5 and either Golby or Lester will get it done.  No way would i want to give up Aish or Mayes after last years go home factor

dirkdiggler

Quote from: Ricochet on October 06, 2014, 07:05:21 PM
Quote from: dirkdiggler on October 06, 2014, 07:00:21 PM
Quote from: GoLions on October 04, 2014, 02:20:42 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 04, 2014, 02:17:55 PM
Quote from: Big  Mac on October 04, 2014, 02:14:34 PM
Would you guys be happy giving up your first and second rounders? IMO this would be fair to both parties. Collingwood demanding anything more would be stupid and unfair to Beams.
I think the Pies want a player in return though which is the problem.
But they want a player worth at least a first round pick, if not more. The guys they want we arguably value just as much as they value Beams. It's flowering stupid.

I cannot see how Collingwood can expect more than pick 4 (now pick 5) for Beams. It's simply unrealistic, but it's just a positioning statement Brisbane will probably offer an exchange of picks as a sweetner..Pies know that can't expect to keep Beams, especially in his personal circumstances. Playing hardball for too long in those circumstances won't be a good look for the Pies.
Beams is worth more than just pick 4 man

he's not worth pick 4(5) plus a quality player!! especially given that he wants to leave, has personal considerations and couldn't even be arsed going to the B&F. Pies playing hardball but can they really expect to keep him? I agree that in normal circumstances Pies would want more.....but these arent usual circumstances IMO

GoLions

Justin Leppitsch @JLeppitsch  14h 14 hours ago
@david41779452 reddo going nowhere

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Spite

If we want a quality player then we can't also have pick 5.
Lester and golby won't get it done because we don't need those sort of players. (Maybe Lester more than golby)

What we do need is a HFF or a brute of a mid

GoLions

Quote from: Spite on October 07, 2014, 01:43:48 PM
I think you're the first Collingwood supporter I've heard say this

Ringo

Quote from: GoLions on October 07, 2014, 01:46:18 PM
Yep spite - just wondering why no interest in Golby - Thought he would be a replacement for Lumumba similar type of player unless you consider you have a ready made replacement. Personally think will get the deal done involving Greenwood and North.

dirkdiggler

Quote from: Ringo on October 07, 2014, 01:58:56 PM
Yep spite - just wondering why no interest in Golby - Thought he would be a replacement for Lumumba similar type of player unless you consider you have a ready made replacement. Personally think will get the deal done involving Greenwood and North.

given his speech at the B&F surely Lumumba is irreplaceable  ::)

dirkdiggler

Lester and golby won't get it done because we don't need those sort of players. (Maybe Lester more than golby)

What we do need is a HFF or a brute of a mid

Greenwood should cover the mid need you'd think?

_wato

Now that we have Greenwood I would love Collingwold to just trade with Brisbane and get picks #5 and #25.

Trade on #28 to North for Greenwood as I believe that's what he's worth and everyone is happy.

I would be over the moon as a Pies supporter to get #5, #25 and Greenwood for the loss of Beams and #28.

Brisbane get Beams and lose picks #5 and #25 and North lose Greenwood and gain either pick #25 and #28.

Thoughts? If not I also have a plan idea for a three way trade but it is even more complex..  Ideally this does use three teams but Collingwood on trades the draft oick and Brisbane don't have to deal with North Melbourne.

Spite

Quote from: Ringo on October 07, 2014, 01:58:56 PM

We do have a ready made replacement in Paul Seedsman. He had a wrecked year due to injury throughout but if you remember season 2013, he was outstanding. Roughly same dimensions as Lumumba too, really excited about it.

Frost, keefe, reid down back as talls with goldy, marley, Langdon, Sinclair, toovey and seedsman the others. I believe Seedsman and Sinclair will get the licences to run, which means our defence is packed to the brim.
The midfield will be a little short staffed but if/when greenwood comes in, it will look a bit better and I fully expect karnezis to get games in 2015 as a tall wing/mid.

Big bodied mid, a HFF and a speedy outside mid (think Stephen Hill)  is what is missing at the moment (and hopefully moore/Gault can replace Jesse White!). Another clearance player would be great as we struggled in that area in 2014.

Ricochet

Greg Swann says there has been no real interest in Dan Merrett. he wants to stay and the Lions want him.

strikes91

Nice, Rog is one of my favourite players, couldn't stand to lose him

nrich102