Main Menu

The Richmond Off-Season Megathread

Started by Nige, September 09, 2014, 07:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: elephants on January 29, 2015, 01:38:11 PM
I reckon he'll win an NDT premiership before he wins a premiership with the Tiges ;) #banter
He can carry the Richmond team, but not the NDT one.  :P

Ricochet

Quote from: elephants on January 29, 2015, 01:38:11 PM
I reckon he'll win an NDT premiership before he wins a premiership with the Tiges ;) #banter
sooo next year?  #notbanter

Ricochet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-30/jobe-the-second?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

DUSTIN Martin will be challenged to take his midfield game to a new level in 2015 and become like Jobe Watson, Richmond coach Damien Hardwick says.

After an impressive third finish in the best and fairest, Martin is entering his sixth AFL season having added attacking weapons to his repertoire.

In the Tigers' run to the finals the 23-year-old became a match winner more than once when pushed forward to win crucial contests.

While Hardwick wants Martin to remain an explosive option inside 50 this season, he says it's time he became a midfield force much like the Essendon skipper on a more permanent basis.

"We think his running capacity has really improved over the course of his pre-seasons he's had with us, and we feel for him to take that next step as a player it's going to be the majority of him playing midfield," Hardwick told AFL.com.au.

"He needs to become a contested ball king, a tackle king in that area, much like a Jobe Watson type of player that's capable of setting up the game from the middle of the ground.

"We look forward to giving him that opportunity."

annnnd Dusty just replaced Goddard

quinny88

Quote from: Ricochet on January 30, 2015, 03:31:25 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-30/jobe-the-second?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

DUSTIN Martin will be challenged to take his midfield game to a new level in 2015 and become like Jobe Watson, Richmond coach Damien Hardwick says.

After an impressive third finish in the best and fairest, Martin is entering his sixth AFL season having added attacking weapons to his repertoire.

In the Tigers' run to the finals the 23-year-old became a match winner more than once when pushed forward to win crucial contests.

While Hardwick wants Martin to remain an explosive option inside 50 this season, he says it's time he became a midfield force much like the Essendon skipper on a more permanent basis.

"We think his running capacity has really improved over the course of his pre-seasons he's had with us, and we feel for him to take that next step as a player it's going to be the majority of him playing midfield," Hardwick told AFL.com.au.

"He needs to become a contested ball king, a tackle king in that area, much like a Jobe Watson type of player that's capable of setting up the game from the middle of the ground.

"We look forward to giving him that opportunity."

annnnd Dusty just replaced Goddard

110 avg coming up. Comes into my side for one of Goddard or Deledio

shaker

Vinny

61 days, 1 hour, 33 minutes, 35 seconds boys.

Nige

Quote from: Vinny on January 31, 2015, 05:44:30 PM
Can't believe you're looking forward to losing so much.  :o

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: Nige on January 31, 2015, 05:49:32 PM
Quote from: Vinny on January 31, 2015, 05:44:30 PM
Can't believe you're looking forward to losing so much.  :o
+1 aren't you guys rebuilding?

quinny88

The only thing I can garuntee about round 1 is that Richmind will build a 5 goal lead only to stuff it up and have it taken away and either just win or just lose. Last 4 or 5 times we've played this has happened iirc. Gives me a heart attack every time

Kellogscrunchynut

True Quinny the play like cellar dwellers against everyone else, but against us they play like they're capable of finals footy.

Vinny

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on February 02, 2015, 11:51:49 AM
True Quinny the play like cellar dwellers against everyone else, but against us they play like they're capable of finals footy.
This, yeah we'll probably lose given you guys are playing for Top 6 whilst we will be satisfied with Top 11th. But that means flower all when we play each other. Anything can happen. Surely you guys have learned that. :P

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: Vinny on February 02, 2015, 07:32:21 PM
Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on February 02, 2015, 11:51:49 AM
This, yeah we'll probably lose given you guys are playing for Top 6 whilst we will be satisfied with Top 11th. But that means flower all when we play each other. Anything can happen. Surely you guys have learned that. :P
Far too well for my liking.

quinny88

It's because they know they're never out of the game against us.
Only ever a quick goal or 2 from a momentum swing

Vinny

Yeeeep, that 2013 Elimination Final is my favourite game ever.

quinny88

Rance putting off contract talks till the end of the season.

I don't think he will go anywhere but this is just going to be an annoying distraction for the club all year, even though they say it won't be