Main Menu

The Richmond Off-Season Megathread

Started by Nige, September 09, 2014, 07:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: BigMac_93 on December 06, 2014, 02:26:26 PM
Shiel has connections with Choco and we tried to bring him in a few years ago. If he decided to leave I recon we will be one of the frontrunners to secure him.
If I was dating a coaches daughter at that age, I'd be trying to get to as far away as possible from him lol

Toga

Deledio a veteran next year! :o

Joins Foley and Newman on the vets list...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-12-08/the-veterans-list

Kellogscrunchynut

28 is pretty young for a veteran I guess they've relaxed the rules in recent years.

Toga

Yeah, new rules for next season - player needs to have been at the club for 10 years, no restrictions on age... Just makes him sound so old!!

Kellogscrunchynut

Do it mean that he isn't on the list of 38 or the club gets extra salary for him, Foley and Newman?

Toga

Club gets to pay veterans a fixed amount outside of the salary cap (a bit over 100K iirc).

Jroo

@Richmond_FC: Steve Morris has been added to Richmond's leadership group for season 2015 - http://t.co/H68KUwLGmL

What do you guys think of this?

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on December 10, 2014, 07:05:03 PM
@Richmond_FC: Steve Morris has been added to Richmond's leadership group for season 2015 - http://t.co/H68KUwLGmL

What do you guys think of this?
Haha wow, I was literally on my way to thread to post this.

I don't mind it, particularly because it was the team that voted him in apparently.

Toga

Good on him, I'm sure the boys see him as setting an example of how to attack the ball and giving it your best. Might not be the most gifted bloke, but tries his heart out!

Jroo

Haha too slow Nige  :P

At the end of last year I would've thought it was a really good move, but he had a disappointing season this year, but that's not his fault.

I think he'll be a decent leader, he'll lead the way with his actions and how he attacks the ball.

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on December 10, 2014, 07:55:04 PM
Haha too slow Nige  :P
Like, when I looked at the forum index, there weren't any new posts in the board, but when I clicked on the board to post it, I saw a new post from you in this thread and was like "Damn it Jroo!"

Kellogscrunchynut

Even though hes only been at the club for 3 seasons I believe he has shown excellent leadership qualities, and obviously the leadership group agrees with me.

Torpedo10

Walked the club today during morning training, saw Chris Newman jogging and yelled out a "Hey Chris". Got a wave.  :D

Chelskiman

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on December 10, 2014, 09:34:49 PM
Even though hes only been at the club for 3 seasons I believe he has shown excellent leadership qualities, and obviously the leadership group agrees with me.

Good to know you're advising the leadership group on these matters. :P

quinny88

Wears his heart on his sleeve and plays with the passion and determination that everyone should.
Very good decision imo.