Main Menu

The Richmond Off-Season Megathread

Started by Nige, September 09, 2014, 07:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Surprised to hear that he will continue his job as development coach while getting treatment

Toga

That's good to hear though I think, I'm sure it would be good for him to keep busy. He will only do what he feels capable of and the club will obviously be doing the best thing by him throughout his treatment.

Chelskiman

So we ended up with Ellis.  We had the chance to take Weller too, which is a player I know a lot of you guys wanted.

Jroo

I'll take Ellis.
Clearly we were after an outside mid, as seen in the trade period when we were after Trengove and Armo.

Nige

Ellis.  :(

Menadue.  :D

Drummond.  8)

Bully

Quote from: Chelskiman on November 27, 2014, 07:35:25 PM
So we ended up with Ellis.  We had the chance to take Weller too, which is a player I know a lot of you guys wanted.

We could have drafted Weller/Laverde & Blakely/Neal-Bullen, poor choices. We also overlooked Gore at 52.

Nige

Quote from: Bully on November 27, 2014, 08:01:10 PM
Quote from: Chelskiman on November 27, 2014, 07:35:25 PM

We could have drafted Weller/Laverde & Blakely/Neal-Bullen, poor choices. We also overlooked Gore at 52.
Ellis is by no means bad, it's just who we passed up for him.

Toga

I think Weller is going to be an out-and-out gun, which has me disappointed that we passed up on him, but obviously see something in Ellis, and his track record has been pretty good recently so it will be good to see what he can bring to the club.

Reece McKenzie could be an exciting one too!

quinny88

I'll back our recruiting staff in. We've drafted pretty well in recent years

Chelskiman

Yeah, you can't argue with our recruiting staff in recent times.  Still sad to see we passed up on Weller though.  As Nige said though, it's not as if Ellis is a spud or anything.

Nige

Corey Ellis is elite. His outside game is ridiculously good and he's just so composed and classy. He just doesn't have the pace I'd like which the others we could have taken do.

I think I'm most excited about Nathan Drummond though, I reckon he'll be the pick of our draftees. A year older than most of them too.

Bully

My humble apologies for giving you folks the bum steer, cannot believe we overlooked Weller & Blakely, I just feel really hollow about now.

elephants

Quote from: Nige on November 27, 2014, 08:45:00 PM
Corey Ellis is elite. His outside game is ridiculously good and he's just so composed and classy. He just doesn't have the pace I'd like which the others we could have taken do.

Oi flower off, where's Nige.

Nige

Quote from: elephants on November 27, 2014, 08:47:31 PM

Oi flower off, where's Nige.
He's come around.

Jroo

I think I'm most excited about Nathan Drummond though, I reckon he'll be the pick of our draftees. A year older than most of them too.
At least we got pace with most of other draftees.
Yeah I like Drummond, recon he can play games next year.

Quote from: Bully on November 27, 2014, 08:45:25 PM
My humble apologies for giving you folks the bum steer, cannot believe we overlooked Weller & Blakely, I just feel really hollow about now.
Haha all good mate, would've been happy with them two. I was hoping we'd go with Blakely in the second round, but guess we didn't need him when we already got Ellis.