The Richmond Off-Season Megathread

Started by Nige, September 09, 2014, 07:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Capper

Quote from: elephants on November 14, 2014, 01:06:01 PM
Is Weller a Tiges supporter? :(
surely not , no one would own up tio being a tigers supporter  :P

Depending on who goes picks 1-7 GC might not go for Weller at 8 and try for him at 15, which gives the tigers a chance at 12

Toga

Yeah he is! 8)

Still think you boys will be a chance for him with #11 - although Cal Twomey just said on his draft feed that Duggan and Weller are pretty neck-and-neck favourites for you boys with Cockatoo a close third.

Cockatoo would add something else to your midfield if that's the avenue the Eagles go down! :o

elephants

Quote from: Toga on November 14, 2014, 01:43:20 PM

Yeah he is! 8)

Still think you boys will be a chance for him with #11 - although Cal Twomey just said on his draft feed that Duggan and Weller are pretty neck-and-neck favourites for you boys with Cockatoo a close third.

Cockatoo would add something else to your midfield if that's the avenue the Eagles go down! :o

Haha yeah there's about 10 different names up there for #11 but I've got a few favs. Ahern would be a massive slider and at 11 we couldn't say no, Weller is the safe and secure option, he just looks like a footballer. And then Cockatoo is so so so much #yolo. Wish we had a pick in 16-20 to take him tbh, #11 is a massive risk :P

Toga

Haha yeah if it backfired with #11 the club would definitely have egg on its face... But could go the other way as well ;) Around that 20 mark is probably a safe spot to take him!

But yeah there's so many different contenders for the #10, #11 and #12 picks. As you can probably tell though I'm really hoping you guys pass up on Weller :-*

Nige

At the end of the day, the evening of the 27th is going to be full of surprises because the draft pool is so open.

The true wildcard is GWS because 4, 6 and 7 will shape the draft, plus then Gold Coast at 8 and Geelong at 10.

The Eagles and Tigers are without a doubt in the best position imo, because I'm fairly confident both teams will get somebody who surprisingly slips out of the 10.

Toga

Yeah exactly Nige, whatever the case, WCE and us are going to get some sliders due to teams ahead of us picking based on needs, just like last year with Lennon.

And I think the team that will really shape who falls to picks 11 & 12 will be Geelong - they are in the perfect position to grab a quality tall, but will they want to after trading for two big men in Clark and Stanley? That being said, if GWS picks two of Wright, Lever, Goddard, Durdin then WCE and Richmond will both just about be guaranteed a quality winger.

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on November 14, 2014, 02:02:55 PM
Yeah exactly Nige, whatever the case, WCE and us are going to get some sliders due to teams ahead of us picking based on needs, just like last year with Lennon.

And I think the team that will really shape who falls to picks 11 & 12 will be Geelong - they are in the perfect position to grab a quality tall, but will they want to after trading for two big men in Clark and Stanley? That being said, if GWS picks two of Wright, Lever, Goddard, Durdin then WCE and Richmond will both just about be guaranteed a quality winger.
Yeah good thinking, I really think the Cata will have to go after a mid. They've lost a few mids and their current mids aren't getting any younger  :-\

Toga

That being said i still think that Ahern will be the Cats #1 choice, and reckon he might just slip through to them.. Should mean that Duggan and/or Weller will slip through to #12?

Nige

I personally think Ahern's going to GWS.

They'll take him, Lever and either Laverde/De Goey or another tall like Goddard/Wright.

Whoever West Coast/we get is 110% based on who the Cats select. If Adelaide had it, I think it would be more clear cut, but the Cats can go either way and have so many options, it's anybody's guess.

elephants

I think given the option we will take Weller over Duggan (if that means anything haha)

Nige

Quote from: elephants on November 14, 2014, 08:22:56 PM
I think given the option we will take Weller over Duggan (if that means anything haha)
I think given the option, most teams would take Weller over Duggan.

Toga

Quote from: Nige on November 14, 2014, 08:45:25 PM

Twomey thinks Richmond would take Duggan over Weller atm

Nige

Quote from: Toga on November 14, 2014, 08:54:31 PM
Quote from: Nige on November 14, 2014, 08:45:25 PM

Twomey thinks Richmond would take Duggan over Weller atm
This bugs me.

I like Duggan, I really do... like I think he'll be a great player, but I don't really want him at Richmond and I can't work out why.

quinny88

Know nothing about either of them but after just watching their highlights/interviews on the AFL site I really like the look of Duggan. Sounds like a future captain already and looks as smooth as they get on the field