Main Menu

The Richmond Off-Season Megathread

Started by Nige, September 09, 2014, 07:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

This season is make or break for Concs, and I have a feeling we might see a breakout of sorts from him! Was watching his highlights package from under 18s the other day, showed some real creativeness and flair that we haven't really seen at AFL level yet... Here's hoping he can give a bit of that!

Vlastuin dropped off a bit this year (would the emergence of Miles have anything to do with that?), but I'm sure he'll come good next year with another preseason under his belt :)

Nige

Conca might have to be the one who gets the Choco treatment in 2015.

Ricochet

Don't worry about Conca boys, he'll have a huge year for NDT next year ;)

quinny88

Quote from: Nige on November 12, 2014, 10:23:03 PM
Conca might have to be the one who gets the Choco treatment in 2015.

Him and Vickery hopefully. If they have big breakout years then we move forward IMO

Jroo

Agreed about Conca.
From the looks of it, he looks a bit slimmer, hopefully set for a big year!

Bully

Latest draft talk is we are seriously considering Cockatoo, make it happen FJ, please make it happen. (No more flankers like Duggan).

Grazz

Quote from: JROO8 on November 13, 2014, 12:30:08 PM
Agreed about Conca.
From the looks of it, he looks a bit slimmer, hopefully set for a big year!

From the look of it he's auditioning for Beauty and the Geek. :P

Nige

Quote from: Bully on November 13, 2014, 02:54:17 PM
Latest draft talk is we are seriously considering Cockatoo, make it happen FJ, please make it happen. (No more flankers like Duggan).
I'd take him.

Still want Weller the most though.

Bully

Quote from: Nige on November 13, 2014, 02:56:42 PM
Quote from: Bully on November 13, 2014, 02:54:17 PM
I'd take him.

Agree, I watched the AIS vs Collingwood reserves game last night and Weller has 'it', just so composed, fast and and agile. His inside game is also grossly underrated. Duggan on the other hand was miles behind in development, those claiming he's the next Dal Santo have no idea, he plays like Chris Newman. If he makes it in the midfield it will take 2-3 years, completely outside when matched up against men.

Toga

Nige

Quote from: Toga on November 13, 2014, 06:20:07 PM
Quote from: Nige on November 13, 2014, 02:56:42 PM

He's come around!!  8)
I've always wanted him more than Duggan, but I wanted Laverde and Ahern more.

Toga

No you can't take my spot as #LachiesNumberOneFanboy :-*

quinny88

Who are we most likely to get? I haven't followed it at all this year

Toga

Not really sure quinny it's a bit up in the air at the moment.

Initially looked like we would take a winger like Duggan, Weller, Ahern or someone (which I still think we will probably go with) - Weller is my #1 choice out of them. Has pace, elite kicking skills and finds space, not to mention he's a Tiges supporter ;)

But then it started to sound like Peter Wright might slip out of the top 5, where he was widely tipped to go, and so there's been some speculation we might grab him if he's not gone by our pick. Tall ruck/forward (not sure which he's suited to yet) - we need a ruck to replace Maric down the track but I'm not sure Pete is the guy we need this year.

And then most recently a few phantom drafts have us linked with Sam Durdin, a tall utility that can play back, forward and pinch hit in the ruck. The competition for spots we've got for tall spots at both ends makes me think Durdin wouldn't really suit our needs at the moment.

All that being said I'm hoping we get Weller as I think he's gonna be exactly what we need, Deledio 2.0

quinny88