Main Menu

The Richmond Off-Season Megathread

Started by Nige, September 09, 2014, 07:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: Nige on November 10, 2014, 01:37:30 PM
Some observations from the pre-season training photos.

Madonna has shaved his head.
Bikkies clearly doesn't even lift.
McBean still looks like... a bean.
Conca has a filthy beard head.
Batch looks like he might have a mullet.
Ivan's cousin Ivan already looks to have slimmed a tiny bit.

:P

Nige

Quote from: elephants on November 10, 2014, 01:58:49 PM
Quote from: Nige on November 10, 2014, 01:37:30 PM
Some observations from the pre-season training photos.

Madonna has shaved his head.
Bikkies clearly doesn't even lift.
McBean still looks like... a bean.
Conca has a filthy beard head.
Batch looks like he might have a mullet.
Ivan's cousin Ivan already looks to have slimmed a tiny bit.

:P
The beard has made it that much worse!

Ricochet

Late list change: @Richmond_FC delists Matt Arnot but says it will redraft him as a rookie

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on November 10, 2014, 03:33:18 PM
Late list change: @Richmond_FC delists Matt Arnot but says it will redraft him as a rookie
Had a heard attack and cried before I finished reading that sentence.  :(

Nige

Here's the article on it: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-11-10/tigers-delist-arnot

I really hope he can do well enough to get a permanent elevation and have a good career.

Mr.Craig

Soon as I saw it I thought "Nige will be devo".

Vinny

Kellogscrunchynut

Szaboss

They are committing to re-sign him as a rookie, which at least means he has a role at Richmond in the future.

nickstiges

Brisbane said the same thing about Banfield and we took him before they could, not that it did us any good anyway, so anything could happen.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: nickstiges on November 11, 2014, 05:03:08 PM
Brisbane said the same thing about Banfield and we took him before they could, not that it did us any good anyway, so anything could happen.

Brisbane could've taken him before in the rookie draft but got Issac Conway instead

Nige

Looks like the three we're after is Liam Duggan, Corey Ellis and Lachie Weller.

At least one should be there at our pick.

Preference of those three is Weller, but I still reckon it's gonna be Duggan that ends up in yellow and black.

Toga

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-10/tigers-eye-classy-mids

Yeah, as you say Nige looks like it'll be between those three blokes. Personally think we're a monty to have one of Weller, Ahern, Duggan, De Goey to slip to us, my hopes are still that Weller will reach #12, but would be happy enough with Duggan. At this stage think Ellis would just be a last resort if none of the above slide through to us.

Bully

Quote from: Nige on November 11, 2014, 06:34:27 PM
Looks like the three we're after is Liam Duggan, Corey Ellis and Lachie Weller.

At least one should be there at our pick.

Preference of those three is Weller, but I still reckon it's gonna be Duggan that ends up in yellow and black.

The article loses all credibility when it states we'll consider Wright, from my understanding Weller is our first preference in the event Wright is off the table, followed by Duggan & then Ellis.

quinny88

Don't care what Conca looks like, just want him to have a big season already.
He's been ok and is still young but I think he's overdue to break out. Getting a little impatient with him.
If he and to a lesser extent Vlastuin can have break out seasons then it will help massively and give us a very potent midfield