Main Menu

The Richmond Off-Season Megathread

Started by Nige, September 09, 2014, 07:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Quote from: Bully on October 28, 2014, 09:48:16 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on October 28, 2014, 09:03:58 PM
flower

Not remotely interested in Robinson, Taylor Hunt on the other hand is precisely what we need.
He's a Lions supporter :P
But, yes I don't mind THunt

Bully

Quote from: JROO8 on October 28, 2014, 09:51:57 PM
flower

Not remotely interested in Robinson, Taylor Hunt on the other hand is precisely what we need.

His family is Richmond and I believe he had Chris Naish's number plastered on his face as a 6 year old.

nrich102

Quote from: Bully on October 28, 2014, 09:59:37 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on October 28, 2014, 09:51:57 PM
flower

His family is Richmond and I believe he had Chris Naish's number plastered on his face as a 6 year old.
Wat?

elephants

Still reckon Robbo has a lot to give tbh. Just needs his head pulled in.

Nige

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/taylor-hunt-looking-to-restart-his-afl-career-at-richmond-after-being-delisted-by-geelong/story-e6frf3e3-1227105150291

Boom!

Basically, both us and the Lions were interested in T-Hunt and Robbo. It seems as though whoever picked up one guy would leave the other guy to the other team.

Hunt grew up a Tiges fan and so I think he'd be more than happy to join us and he's pretty much what we need. I think it's a win-win situation.

Nige

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-28/ty-tipped-for-big-year

I hope this is the case, I really do.

I like all three boys and think the 22 is definitely a whole lot better with them in it.

Nige

Also, here's an article on Lachie Weller as part of the AFL's countdown to the draft.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-29/meet-lachie-weller

Jroo

Quote from: Nige on October 28, 2014, 10:59:34 PM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/taylor-hunt-looking-to-restart-his-afl-career-at-richmond-after-being-delisted-by-geelong/story-e6frf3e3-1227105150291

Boom!

Basically, both us and the Lions were interested in T-Hunt and Robbo. It seems as though whoever picked up one guy would leave the other guy to the other team.

Hunt grew up a Tiges fan and so I think he'd be more than happy to join us and he's pretty much what we need. I think it's a win-win situation.
;D

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Nige on October 29, 2014, 09:17:43 AM
Also, here's an article on Lachie Weller as part of the AFL's countdown to the draft.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-29/meet-lachie-weller

You shouldn't even think about getting him  ;) If he slides to 12 it'll be a miracle for you guys.

shaker

Can't see Hampson getting a game unless Vickery , Griffiths or Maric are injured to be honest I think I would rather McBean get a run as he has shown to be a goalkicker and Hampson seems to be a bit one dimensional only being a good tap ruckman.

Nige

Quote from: shaker on October 29, 2014, 11:41:56 AM
Can't see Hampson getting a game unless Vickery , Griffiths or Maric are injured to be honest I think I would rather McBean get a run as he has shown to be a goalkicker and Hampson seems to be a bit one dimensional only being a good tap ruckman.
Hampson is insurance in case Ivan goes down like the first half of the year.

We don't have Orren anymore, so a young-ish ruck who is ready to play is probably a good move.

shaker

Quote from: Nige on October 29, 2014, 12:04:44 PM

We don't have Orren anymore, so a young-ish ruck who is ready to play is probably a good move.

Exactly that's what he is backup for Maric he would have to improve the rest of his game to force out Vickery or Griffiths can't see them playing all four and what is happening with McBean ? do you know if has beefed up any or is he still a twig

Nige

Quote from: shaker on October 29, 2014, 12:14:15 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 29, 2014, 12:04:44 PM

Exactly that's what he is backup for Maric he would have to improve the rest of his game to force out Vickery or Griffiths can't see them playing all four and what is happening with McBean ? do you know if has beefed up any or is he still a twig
This pre-season should be good for McBean, he'll get a run in the NAB games and hopefully can debut early.

Ricochet

WCE will also be meeting with Hunt later this week.

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on October 29, 2014, 12:48:56 PM
WCE will also be meeting with Hunt later this week.
I still think we're a better chance at getting him.