Main Menu

The Richmond Off-Season Megathread

Started by Nige, September 09, 2014, 07:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Quote from: Nige on October 25, 2014, 08:15:28 PM
Quote from: Bully on October 25, 2014, 07:39:22 PM
Poor selection, Weller, Duggan & Durdin have it all over Ellis. To me Ellis is a second rounder, I would be very disappointed if we went the 'safe' route.
He is right in that we are in a nice spot to take anybody that 'slips' through.

I wouldn't be disappointed with Weller, didn't think it possible but if GC pass then we might be in luck.

Nige

Quote from: Bully on October 25, 2014, 09:01:21 PM
Quote from: Bully on October 25, 2014, 07:39:22 PM
Poor selection, Weller, Duggan & Durdin have it all over Ellis. To me Ellis is a second rounder, I would be very disappointed if we went the 'safe' route.

I wouldn't be disappointed with Weller, didn't think it possible but if GC pass then we might be in luck.
Weller is almost certainly who we'll take if he gets to our pick imo.

Toga

Exactly. Just like we were last year with Lennon

Quote from: Bully on October 25, 2014, 09:01:21 PM

I would be more than happy with Weller, in fact that's who I am hoping we get still!  8)

Kellogscrunchynut

Who would you guys like us to pick up from the delisted free agent pool?

Robbo?

Nige

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on October 26, 2014, 06:36:32 PM
Who would you guys like us to pick up from the delisted free agent pool?

Robbo?
Taylor Hunt is the main one.

We could take the punt on Robbo, but I wouldn't expect us to do so.

Honestly can't see us looking at too many others.

I'm wondering whether the club may consider Ben Newton though since it was said they're after mids in the draft.

Mailman the 2nd

I'm assuming Newton ignored the contract because another club said they'd offer better, I guess that depends on whether it was Richmond or not

Jroo

Toga

I would be all for taking him as a DFA or on the rookie list. Think he has a bit to add and is capable in the middle or up forward - a good replacement as a big bodied mid for Shane Tuck who we have missed a lot since he retired

Jroo

Yeah, would be an upgrade on Matt Thomas and wouldn't cost anything, so I'm not completely against it.

Nige

I'm not against it either, but if he flowers up even once... he's gotta go.

But yeah, he's got something to offer and I think he is worth the punt.

Chelskiman

Yeah, I agree with you guys.  It's not the worst move in the world, but we gotta make sure we keep him in line.

shaker

Think this a good move by the Tiges he is only 25 I think , very hard at it and he is not to smart but even he must realize this would be his last chance plus he comes with no injury baggage would be a big win plus keeping our picks intact , he would add some grunt around the ball can kick a goal and if he gets rubbed out a couple of times so be it  :)

Ricochet

He's meeting with the club today. Think he could be a really good get for you boys

Toga

The more I think about it the more I am wanting the club to pick him up.

Shane Tuck's importance as a hard nut bigger bodied mid was really underrated and think he was a huge part in Cotchin's standout 2012 season as Tuck was able to put blocks on and throw his body around a bit... Besides Ivan, not many of our onballers have really been able to do this to the same extent as Tucky.

Yeah, he's had off-field problems but if being thrown on the scrapheap hasn't given him a kick up the ass then what will. Deserves to be given a shot, here's hoping the interview goes well today :)

Nige

Honestly, I'd pass up Taylor Hunt to get Robbo instead. The guy has great talent and is actually a really good player on his day, if we can straighten him out in regards to his off-field issues, at his age, we could be making a really solid investment.