Main Menu

The Richmond Off-Season Megathread

Started by Nige, September 09, 2014, 07:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 20, 2014, 01:12:58 PM
Quote from: Bully on October 20, 2014, 01:07:05 PM

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 20, 2014, 11:55:59 AM
Menadue will definitely be gone before 33, as for Neal-Bullen and Gore, I'm not sure. My Saints are liking Neal-Bullen so he could be going to the Saints at 21-22. And Menadue has been interview a couple of times from Collingwood and The Bulldogs so he might be gone by then. But Gore should still be there at 33. Would be a handy pick up at 33 actually.

Neal-Bullen just looks like a footballer to me, super impressed with his inside credentials & he has stepped up to the plate at SANFL level. His sprint times were below average but his tank is huge & he has above average agility. Definitely one who will make an impression next year. The Saints are also heavily into Caleb Daniel, if you manage to get both you have done exceedingly well, combine that with Petracca and it's a royal flush.

I hope we get Petracca, McKenzie, Neal-Bullen and Daniel. Would be the quadrella for me.

With Richmond though, I think they're in dire need of another tall... Vickery isn't working out how they hoped, so they might make an early attack at Goddard or even McKenzie as their first pick. But it'll be super frustrating for them to go past Duggan, he would fit perfectly into that team. Neal-Bullen looks so much like a young Dane Swan, it's going to be good watching him mold into a star player, but he won't be there for Richmonds 2nd pick. I think Gore or Bampton would be good choices, both would add the extra grunt that they need.

Don't think there's any chance we'll pick up Goddard to be honest, we still have Elton developing as a key back and Vickery is doing just fine. His form prior to decking Cox was solid, he was averaging a touch under 2 goals a match which is all one could expect. He also provides good ruck cover. We also have Griffiths who looks to be an excellent prospect so talls aren't the issue.

Much prefer Gore over Bampton, the latter is not quick and could be found out at the highest level. Would be ok spending a third rounder but not a 2nd. Gore blitzed at the combine, for a human wrecking ball he is really quick, ran a 2.94sec/20m and did well with the jumping, not to mention a perfect score for the kicking. He ran 13.3 beep so a bit of work to be done with the tank, very similar to Vlastuin on that front.

Nige

Well the recruiting team have said they'll target mids which is good to hear.

Toga

Yeah I don't think we will be looking at a tall with our first pick, think you can lock in one of the wingers that have been mentioned in this thread since day one (Laverde, Ahern, Weller, Duggan), and it'll come down to best available out of these boys.

Think a small forward will also be something the club will look at, not sure where in the draft we might get one though, maybe around the 3rd round.

Nige

Just read this: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-10-20/how-the-tigers-plan-for-the-draft

Apparently we're gonna use five picks.

The team's been planning it all out and seems to know the types they're after, here's hoping they nail the selections.

Toga

5 picks in the ND means we will be filling up our list through that avenue and not delisted FA's then. Happy enough with that

Nige

Quote from: Toga on October 20, 2014, 06:41:32 PM
5 picks in the ND means we will be filling up our list through that avenue and not delisted FA's then. Happy enough with that
Yeah, I went and checked after reading the article and that seems to be what's going to happen.

Nige

There's also an article out today saying the club is keen to sign Cotch and Tross before the 2015 season starts. Hopefully it happens because I don't think I could handle hearing the 'putting off contract talks' thing when it comes to two of our most important players.

Bully

Quote from: Nige on October 20, 2014, 06:45:22 PM
Yeah, I went and checked after reading the article and that seems to be what's going to happen.

Wouldn't mind Taylor Hunt to be honest.

Nige

Quote from: Bully on October 20, 2014, 07:29:19 PM

Same here, but I'm not opposed to filling the spots via the draft either.

Maybe they'll have a change of heart.

How many upgrades have we got to do, just Miles?

Jroo

Quote from: Nige on October 20, 2014, 07:30:33 PM
Quote from: Bully on October 20, 2014, 07:29:19 PM

Same here, but I'm not opposed to filling the spots via the draft either.

Maybe they'll have a change of heart.

How many upgrades have we got to do, just Miles?
Yeah I wouldn't mind Hunt, too.

Yeah just Miles, Thomas staying on the rookie lost for now.

Jroo

flower yes
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/richmond-to-play-14-home-and-away-games-at-mcg-in-2015-20141023-11at1h.html

Richmond to play 14 home and away games at MCG in 2015
Also from that article:
expected to play Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon twice in 2015
host the Western Bulldogs in round two
Richmond and Melbourne also appear to have been successful in their joint push to play each other on the eve of Anzac Day
just one trip to Perth which is expected to take place against Fremantle

Nige

Looks favourable...

Home game vs North... at Etihad.  :o

Nige

Cal Twomey posted an article on the AFL site (it's in the U18 Draft thread if you wanna look at the whole thing). It's about who each club might take with their first, he are his thoughts for us:

RICHMOND
Pick 12: The Tigers are in a nice spot of the draft to wait and see what gets through. Corey Ellis, a smooth moving and smart left-footer, could be the player to land at Richmond. Although recovering from a foot injury, Ellis is low-risk and sees the game unfold well from half-back, the wing or a ball-winning midfield role. If Sam Durdin is available he might be hard to pass up as an athletic tall.       
Around the mark: Sam Durdin, Lachie Weller, Liam Duggan

I'd be surprised to see us take Durdin, but Ellis, Weller and Duggan are definitely possibilities.

Bully

Poor selection, Weller, Duggan & Durdin have it all over Ellis. To me Ellis is a second rounder, I would be very disappointed if we went the 'safe' route.

Nige

Quote from: Bully on October 25, 2014, 07:39:22 PM
Poor selection, Weller, Duggan & Durdin have it all over Ellis. To me Ellis is a second rounder, I would be very disappointed if we went the 'safe' route.
He is right in that we are in a nice spot to take anybody that 'slips' through.