The Richmond Off-Season Megathread

Started by Nige, September 09, 2014, 07:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on October 16, 2014, 07:12:13 PM
Thompson  :o
I reacted the same way when I read it.

Don't know how I would have felt about that.

Toga

I don't think that one would be true. Only a club in their premiership window (or Essendon :P) would be going after him at his age, Richmond is not there yet and therefore wouldn't be of much use to the club.

j959

so, do you think your Tiges will actually do some (hard) pre-season training this coming period??

Maric's comments just before the 'wins on the trot' were pretty blunt saying the group didn't put in for pre-season 2014 ...    ;)

Nige

Quote from: j959 on October 17, 2014, 01:33:57 PM
so, do you think your Tiges will actually do some (hard) pre-season training this coming period??

Maric's comments just before the 'wins on the trot' were pretty blunt saying the group didn't put in for pre-season 2014 ...    ;)
Simply based on what happened this season, yes.

If we go anywhere close to repeating the atrocity of 3-10, I for one will be more than severely disappointed.

T Dog

Quote from: Nige on October 17, 2014, 01:37:53 PM
Quote from: j959 on October 17, 2014, 01:33:57 PM

Simply based on what happened this season, yes.

If we go anywhere close to repeating the atrocity of 3-10, I for one will be more than severely disappointed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84zY33QZO5o    ;D

Nige

Just saw another phantom draft and I reckon it was spot on.

I think we're gonna end up with Liam Duggan now.

I think Collingwood are gonna grab Jayden Laverde which rules him out.

My boy Paul Ahern will probably go before our pick too, I'm thinking to either GWS or Geelong.

Suns have pick 8 and should take the local boy in Lachie Weller. They're the three I'd expect us to look at based on comments made by the club's personnel.

This leaves a few other options and I personally reckon Duggan is the pick of the bunch, as well as the guy we'd most likely take based on the type of player that he is.

Jroo

I'd be very happy with Trent Cotchin Liam Duggan.

Reminds me exactly like Cotch.

Nige

Teammate of Laverde.

He's a bit like Matt Suckling (has been compared to him on a few occasions), if you watch his highlights or have seen him play, it's easy to see why.

He's an outside player, not the slowest player going around and is a pretty good kick, so he does fit the bill.

I'd hope we could use him in that utility role because he's good enough to do it and do it well.

Toga

I think the club is just going to be looking at getting an upgrade on Shaun Grigg to use on the outside. Grigg did alright in the run-with roles he did this season but as a pure wing man he isn't great... Would be happy with any of the boys you mention, still really hope Weller slips to us though!

Bully

Quote from: Nige on October 18, 2014, 10:03:19 PM
Teammate of Laverde.

He's a bit like Matt Suckling (has been compared to him on a few occasions), if you watch his highlights or have seen him play, it's easy to see why.

He's an outside player, not the slowest player going around and is a pretty good kick, so he does fit the bill.

I'd hope we could use him in that utility role because he's good enough to do it and do it well.

Pretty good summary, reckon his ceiling would be as a wingman. He's not particularly fast or agile though, he tested very similarly to Lennon so the midfield could be several seasons away. Would be a good replacement for Newman in the meantime.

As for our later picks, the guys I'm keen on are Gore, Neal-Bullen, Menadue, Garlett & Daniel McKenzie. Caleb Daniel is another who I'd be stoked with, reckon he could be the steal of the draft.

Nige

Quote from: Bully on October 19, 2014, 11:24:59 PM
Teammate of Laverde.

Pretty good summary, reckon his ceiling would be as a wingman. He's not particularly fast or agile though, he tested very similarly to Lennon so the midfield could be several seasons away. Would be a good replacement for Newman in the meantime.

As for our later picks, the guys I'm keen on are Gore, Neal-Bullen, Menadue, Garlett & Daniel McKenzie. Caleb Daniel is another who I'd be stoked with, reckon he could be the steal of the draft.
I'm trying to do a phantom draft to predict who will be left for our second round pick.

I'd be stoked with Gore, Neal-Bullen or Menadue but sadly I think all three may be gone.

We'd be silly not to look at them if they were around at 33 though.

Pkbaldy

Menadue will definitely be gone before 33, as for Neal-Bullen and Gore, I'm not sure. My Saints are liking Neal-Bullen so he could be going to the Saints at 21-22. And Menadue has been interview a couple of times from Collingwood and The Bulldogs so he might be gone by then. But Gore should still be there at 33. Would be a handy pick up at 33 actually.

Bully

Quote from: Nige on October 20, 2014, 10:07:45 AM
Quote from: Bully on October 19, 2014, 11:24:59 PM
Teammate of Laverde.

I'm trying to do a phantom draft to predict who will be left for our second round pick.

I'd be stoked with Gore, Neal-Bullen or Menadue but sadly I think all three may be gone.

We'd be silly not to look at them if they were around at 33 though.

Yes, all 3 could be gone but don't rule out Daniel McKenzie for our second. The guy is a jet and quite possibly the best raw athlete in this years crop. His TAC finals form was outstanding, he just seems to be improving with every match.

Wouldn't be surprised if we go De Goey & McKenzie, then hopefully Caleb Daniel with our third.

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 20, 2014, 11:55:59 AM
Menadue will definitely be gone before 33, as for Neal-Bullen and Gore, I'm not sure. My Saints are liking Neal-Bullen so he could be going to the Saints at 21-22. And Menadue has been interview a couple of times from Collingwood and The Bulldogs so he might be gone by then. But Gore should still be there at 33. Would be a handy pick up at 33 actually.

Neal-Bullen just looks like a footballer to me, super impressed with his inside credentials & he has stepped up to the plate at SANFL level. His sprint times were below average but his tank is huge & he has above average agility. Definitely one who will make an impression next year. The Saints are also heavily into Caleb Daniel, if you manage to get both you have done exceedingly well, combine that with Petracca and it's a royal flush.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Bully on October 20, 2014, 01:07:05 PM

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 20, 2014, 11:55:59 AM

Neal-Bullen just looks like a footballer to me, super impressed with his inside credentials & he has stepped up to the plate at SANFL level. His sprint times were below average but his tank is huge & he has above average agility. Definitely one who will make an impression next year. The Saints are also heavily into Caleb Daniel, if you manage to get both you have done exceedingly well, combine that with Petracca and it's a royal flush.

I hope we get Petracca, McKenzie, Neal-Bullen and Daniel. Would be the quadrella for me.

With Richmond though, I think they're in dire need of another tall... Vickery isn't working out how they hoped, so they might make an early attack at Goddard or even McKenzie as their first pick. But it'll be super frustrating for them to go past Duggan, he would fit perfectly into that team. Neal-Bullen looks so much like a young Dane Swan, it's going to be good watching him mold into a star player, but he won't be there for Richmonds 2nd pick. I think Gore or Bampton would be good choices, both would add the extra grunt that they need.