Main Menu

The Richmond Off-Season Megathread

Started by Nige, September 09, 2014, 07:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on February 17, 2015, 06:47:21 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on February 17, 2015, 06:44:31 PM
Apparently Dusty has just signed a 2yr extension. Well done boys
Do you know how much he's getting per season?
Everyone is saying 600k mate

GoLions

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on February 17, 2015, 06:47:21 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on February 17, 2015, 06:44:31 PM
Apparently Dusty has just signed a 2yr extension. Well done boys
Do you know how much he's getting per season?
About tree fiddy.

Ricochet

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/dustin-martin-sign-two-year-contract-extension-to-remain-at-richmond-until-end-of-2017/story-fni5f9jb-1227223146809

RICHMOND has locked away superstar midfielder Dustin Martin on a new two-year deal.

Martin, 23, put pen to paper at Punt Rd yesterday, tying him to the club until the end of 2017.

The signing leaves all-Australian defender Alex Rance as the only out-of-contract big-name Tiger after skipper Trent Cotchin committed for five more years late last year.

he club been massive for me,” Martin said last night.

Martin has played 109 games for the Tigers since being selected with pick No. 3 in the 2009 national draft behind Tom Scully and Jack Trengove.

He polled 13 Brownlow votes last season, finished third in the best and fairest and was named in the all-Australian squad.

It is the second two-year contract Martin has signed since his public fallout with the club at the end of 2013.

Richmond football boss Dan Richardson said Martin’s future at Tigerland was never in doubt, despite recent reports talks with the club were off.

“The discussions between the club and Ralph Carr Management were regular and amicable all the way through, and Dustin was always committed to continuing his career at Richmond,” Richardson said.

“It’s obviously great news, as Dustin is such a pivotal player in our plans for the future.

“Dustin’s development, both on and off the field, has been extremely impressive, and it’s exciting to think that at just 23, he still has scope for significant further improvement.

“Following a strong pre-season, we look forward to seeing him take another key step in his league career in 2015.”

The cashed-up Tigers did not participate in last year’s trade period but are expected to make a serious play for a big-name free agent at the end of this season.

Adelaide free agent Patrick Dangerfield is the game’s biggest name to put off contract talks with his club, fuelling speculation he could be headed home to Victoria.

Nige

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: Ricochet on February 17, 2015, 06:49:39 PM
Everyone is saying 600k mate
Decent amount glad he's not getting something outlandish.

Quote from: GoLions on February 17, 2015, 06:49:46 PM
About tree fiddy.
Dustin Martin is the Loch Ness monster confirmed.

TomK

Great signing for the Tiges!

Quote from: Ricochet on February 17, 2015, 06:50:29 PM
Adelaide free agent Patrick Dangerfield is the game’s biggest name to put off contract talks with his club, fuelling speculation he could be headed home to Victoria.
The media just can't help themselves can they?  ::)

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: TomK on February 17, 2015, 07:32:08 PM
Great signing for the Tiges!

Quote from: Ricochet on February 17, 2015, 06:50:29 PM
The media just can't help themselves can they?  ::)
Boss says this article is a sentence short.

Just chuck in something about Dangerfield.

quinny88

Now get Rance done and I'll be a happy man!

Whatever's left over is Dangers :P

Barra13

In the Melbourne thread I put up training reports from bystanders at the session. There is no session today for us but one person did go and check out the Richmond session to compare. So I thought I'd chuck it up here for you all;

QuoteTraining wasn't on this morning, so because I have been to nearly every training session, went to the Tigers training this morning to compare notes, if you don't want to read just skip, will do as similar to my MFC reports

9 in rehab, including Martin and Petterd (surprise), Hampson was doing slow laps, he looked exhausted, but he gets to go to bed each night with Megan Gale so perhaps not that surprising

Similar ball movement drills involving lesser numbers, but strangely did not involve the ruck division

Also ball retention and movement by hand ball, there was a lot a waist grabbing and spinning type tackling, too much risk of head clashes for mine

The breaks between drills were longer than MFC, and one was particularly disorganised, coaches had to keep getting the numbers right

Hardwick and Williams sat high in the stand to watch the full field ball movement drill

Cotchin not very vocal which surprised me, compared to Dunn and Nathan Jones, Newman the most vocal

So much for Reiwoldt being a reformed character, in one drill he led and had the ball delivered to his feet which he mishandled, immediately stopped participating in the drill which went for about another 20 seconds, trudged back to sideline, think is was Ruttem who said "you can't get the lace out all the time Jack", to which Jack replied "not at my [censored] feet though",, couldn't see Roos wearing that behaviour

Rance and Vickery had a nice little tussle at the end that got quite willing

Nige

Cheers for that, don't really follow training sessions much. Just whatever is put up the Facebook page or gets out through Twitter. Some interesting points there, particularly those in the rehab group, didn't realise we had that many in there.

quinny88

Lol this just sounds like a one eyed melbourne bloke thinking everything they do is better  hahaha ::)

quinny88

And Nige, the rehab group has a lot in being monitored with soreness. No serious injuries.
Would have nearly a full list to pick from it were tound 1 tommorow which is really good.

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on February 18, 2015, 01:48:54 PM
And Nige, the rehab group has a lot in being monitored with soreness. No serious injuries.
Would have nearly a full list to pick from it were tound 1 tommorow which is really good.
That's what I thought, hadn't heard anyone having anything overly serious which is why I was surprised by the number.

Barra13

quinny88

Quote from: Barra13 on February 18, 2015, 01:55:10 PM
Don't shoot the messenger haha.

Haha it's all good I just couldn't help but laugh at every sentence having a negative  ;D

On another note, I heard Richmond are running with an under 23's type team in the first nab challenge.
Good chance to see what some of the new kids are like. I might make the trip down to the old written oval and have a look at that!