Main Menu

The Richmond Off-Season Megathread

Started by Nige, September 09, 2014, 07:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Hopefully Lambert can make an impact next year, dominated in the VFL this year.

Nige

I'd expect Lambert to show enough to get a promotion at some point during the year.

Arnot will have to work hard to get his elevation and Tank will probably be there in case something goes wrong (LTI or something).

Don't think we'll see Short or Castagna for a year or two unless they really impress and go full Miles.  :P

Bully

Short is a very smart pick-up, he suffered a fractured jaw and missed the u/18 carnival but he's a super smart user of the ball and has excellent speed & agility. Closest thing to Robbie Gray in the draft pool, he's also very adept on both sides of his body.

Lambert is a little gun, should have been selected last year but was overlooked for some reason. Plug & play and it indicates we are finally waking up to the talent in the state leagues.

Castagna is more of a speculative pick and will take time, but we are tageting speedy mids which is good. Good luck to the kid.

Toga

Quote from: Bully on December 03, 2014, 12:12:20 PM
Plug & play and it indicates we are finally waking up to the talent in the state leagues.

Think we probably did this last year as well, picking up Gordon and Lloyd after excellent SANFL/VFL seasons :P

Nige

Get on the Kane Lambert hype train before it's too late.  8)

Bully

Quote from: Toga on December 03, 2014, 12:23:56 PM
Quote from: Bully on December 03, 2014, 12:12:20 PM
Plug & play and it indicates we are finally waking up to the talent in the state leagues.

Think we probably did this last year as well, picking up Gordon and Lloyd after excellent SANFL/VFL seasons :P

Yes, I should have acknowledged that but prior to 2013 our only state league pick-up in 5 years was Nahas. The club is learning a trick or two about succeeding in the deep end of the draft.

Forgot to mention Stephenson but at 30 years of age he doesn't count.

Ricochet

Cotch has signed a 5 year contract extension

Nige

quinny88

Just need to get Rance and Dusty signed now

Jroo

Quote from: Ricochet on December 04, 2014, 08:54:51 AM
Cotch has signed a 5 year contract extension
Brilliant news to wake up to!  ;D

But was there any doubt?

elephants

Gotta say, even I'm kinda happy about this. Cotchin and Richmond go together like PB & J :p

Ricochet

Quote from: elephants on December 04, 2014, 10:11:57 AM
Gotta say, even I'm kinda happy about this. Cotchin and Richmond go together like PB & J :p
Like PowerBug and Jayman?

elephants

Quote from: Ricochet on December 04, 2014, 10:25:08 AM

#FFscutestcouples2014

Jroo

Quote from: elephants on December 04, 2014, 10:28:57 AM

#FFscutestcouples2014
Surely you two will win #FFscutestcouples2014 ?

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on December 04, 2014, 10:32:35 AM
Quote from: elephants on December 04, 2014, 10:28:57 AM

#FFscutestcouples2014
Surely you two will win #FFscutestcouples2014 ?

Edit: Why was #FFscutestcouples not an Elxam award?  :o