Main Menu

The Richmond Off-Season Megathread

Started by Nige, September 09, 2014, 07:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

Quote from: Nige on November 29, 2014, 10:01:11 AM
Quote from: Vinny on November 29, 2014, 09:52:06 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2726253/police-seek-corey-ellis-after-mosque-attack/?cs=12

Well this guy is off to a great start.
Not even the same Corey Ellis m8.

At least the players we picked hadn't slandered the club.
Haha why you mad? :P

Tbf though, he is a blues supporter so I'd disappointed if he wasn't annoyed about our showerty performances.

Bully

Quote from: quinny88 on November 29, 2014, 10:19:30 AM
Settle bully. Ellis will be a star and you will have to pretend you don't like him the rest of his career haha

He is unlikely to be a star, he will be workmanlike much like Conca. This has all the hallmarks of Frank overlooking Heppell, he gets too fixated on a player and fails to see everything else going on around him. Ellis also may need surgery on the foot, that is reason enough to push him out of the picture. Freo snapped up Weller and more power to them, he will be the more accomplished player, of that I have no doubt.

quinny88

Quote from: Bully on November 29, 2014, 12:28:49 PM
Settle bully. Ellis will be a star and you will have to pretend you don't like him the rest of his career haha

He is unlikely to be a star, he will be workmanlike much like Conca. This has all the hallmarks of Frank overlooking Heppell, he gets too fixated on a player and fails to see everything else going on around him. Ellis also may need surgery on the foot, that is reason enough to push him out of the picture. Freo snapped up Weller and more power to them, he will be the more accomplished player, of that I have no doubt.

I don't know how you can say that when he hasn't even played a game yet haha. They all start on the same page. Under 18s counts for nothing now. Was known that he was injured when we got him. If you hear FJs interview he basically says that the fact that he played a lot of the year injured and is one of the younger players in the draft made him attractive as he has a lot of upside.

Heppell is no excitement machine though. Just an honest hard working and smooth moving mid.
The jury is still out on Conca with me tbh but apart from him I've been extremely happy with recent picks.
I'll save my judgment on this draft until a couple of years pass by

Bully

Quote from: quinny88 on November 29, 2014, 12:50:03 PM

I don't know how you can say that when he hasn't even played a game yet haha. They all start on the same page. Under 18s counts for nothing now. Was known that he was injured when we got him. If you hear FJs interview he basically says that the fact that he played a lot of the year injured and is one of the younger players in the draft made him attractive as he has a lot of upside.

Heppell is no excitement machine though. Just an honest hard working and smooth moving mid.
The jury is still out on Conca with me tbh but apart from him I've been extremely happy with recent picks.

Heppell is an AA mid, Conca is about the 6th best midfielder at the club, we butchered that decision however you look at it. I'm not writing Ellis off but with the other talent available at 12 this decision is baffling in the extreme. As for Weller, I've watched quite a few games both at u/18 level and against men and he he is the real deal, his upside is far greater than Ellis given he has speed and will really improve his inside credentials as he puts on weight. For all the lavish praise re. Ellis' kicking, Weller is the better of the two, his DE is elite, he can kick at full pace and he regularly hits the scoreboard. It speaks volumes that every other club was wary of recruiting a guy who has had an injury affected year, I think Frank has really reached on this occasion.

shaker

Quote from: Bully on November 29, 2014, 01:07:48 PM

Heppell is an AA mid, Conca is about the 6th best midfielder at the club, we butchered that decision however you look at it. I'm not writing Ellis off but with the other talent available at 12 this decision is baffling in the extreme. As for Weller, I've watched quite a few games both at u/18 level and against men and he he is the real deal, his upside is far greater than Ellis given he has speed and will really improve his inside credentials as he puts on weight. For all the lavish praise re. Ellis' kicking, Weller is the better of the two, his DE is elite, he can kick at full pace and he regularly hits the scoreboard. It speaks volumes that every other club was wary of recruiting a guy who has had an injury affected year, I think Frank has really reached on this occasion.

You do realize that with all your protests about Ellis there is nothing surer than him being a star in 2 or 3 years ha ha  :P

Bully

Quote from: shaker on November 29, 2014, 01:19:19 PM
Quote from: Bully on November 29, 2014, 01:07:48 PM

You do realize that with all your protests about Ellis there is nothing surer than him being a star in 2 or 3 years ha ha  :P

I hope he is, but I can't help but feel uneasy about this decision.

Nige

Kellogscrunchynut

quinny88

ADEZ

Toga

Drummond looks a decent size, Menadue has got hours in the weights room ahead of him :P

Nige

Quote from: Toga on November 30, 2014, 07:59:25 PM
Drummond looks a decent size, Menadue has got hours in the weights room ahead of him :P
Yep, Drummond and Butler aren't a bad size.

shaker

Menadue is very skinny and a long way off but look at Fletcher he is coming up to 400 games Tuck the the record holder both thin players

Nige

Nick O'Kearney and Gach Nyoun will be training with us. They're two members of the possible draft crop next year.

Nige

So we grabbed Jayden Short, Jason Castagna and Kane Lambert in the rookie draft.