Main Menu

The Richmond Off-Season Megathread

Started by Nige, September 09, 2014, 07:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

I think I know why McKenzie was taken so late...

Ricochet

Clubs are starting to learn off the successful Essendon recruit Dustin Fletcher

Mr.Craig

Nige

Chelskiman

Bully

McKenzie is the highlight for me, was an absolute steal this late.

Kellogscrunchynut

Kellogscrunchynut

I back our recruiting staff to pick Ellis over Laverde and Weller, given that they have been doing exceptionally well the past few seasons.

Bully

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on November 27, 2014, 11:20:29 PM
I back our recruiting staff to pick Ellis over Laverde and Weller, given that they have been doing exceptionally well the past few seasons.

Back to type though, Conca, Vlastuin, Lennon, all one-paced without the game-breaking qualities that a Laverde or Weller would bring.

Nige

Quote from: Bully on November 27, 2014, 11:22:49 PM

Back to type though, Conca, Vlastuin, Lennon, all one-paced without the game-breaking qualities that a Laverde or Weller would bring.
Very safe, cookie cutter pick is what somebody on Twitter said, I agree.

Bully

Quote from: Nige on November 27, 2014, 11:24:08 PM

Good description, I'm actually starting to lose faith in FJ, he appears to be in self-preservation mode. he has kept his job based on first rounders alone. his later picks have been very ordinary. Any mug can get a decent footballer with a first rounder, time to start thinking outside of the box like Stephen Wells.

Nige

Quote from: Bully on November 27, 2014, 11:36:51 PM
Quote from: Nige on November 27, 2014, 11:24:08 PM

Good description, I'm actually starting to lose faith in FJ, he appears to be in self-preservation mode. he has kept his job based on first rounders alone. his later picks have been very ordinary. Any mug can get a decent footballer with a first rounder, time to start thinking outside of the box like Stephen Wells.
Won't lie, I was hoping we were bolder with our selections. Wasn't to be though, I guess we'll have to see what happens this time next year.

elephants

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on November 27, 2014, 11:17:52 PM
Quote from: Nige on November 27, 2014, 10:59:27 PM

Certainly a better comment than the guy that Carlton Recruited.

Haha Blaine Boekhurst supports the Blues just so you know :p

Jroo

Yep Ellis seems like another "vanilla" selection.

As long as he turns out to be a decent player I'll be happy.

shaker

Yeah agree none of these 3 are sure bets to make the grade it's a lottery overall happy with our picks , the only thing I'm not happy with was that with pick 12 our best we did not grab a ready made hard nut like Robinson for nicks in the trade period as I doubt any of these young guys are going to see any game time this year and probably little the next