Main Menu

The Richmond Off-Season Megathread

Started by Nige, September 09, 2014, 07:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Lock in Cotch, Dusty and Tross then go hard at free-agency  8)

quinny88

Quote from: JROO8 on November 19, 2014, 10:19:07 AM

Agreed.

I noticed this line at the bottom of the article too..
"Gale told SEN Radio yesterday the club still had a war-chest for a free agent next year but only on a targeted acquisition, not just to bring in a player for the sake of it."

So what do you guys think we would be lookng to target?

Grazz

Truck starts his coaching career at the Tigers. Didnt know this was happening.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-19/truck-gets-rolling

shaker

Quote from: quinny88 on November 19, 2014, 06:41:04 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on November 19, 2014, 10:19:07 AM

Agreed.

I noticed this line at the bottom of the article too..
"Gale told SEN Radio yesterday the club still had a war-chest for a free agent next year but only on a targeted acquisition, not just to bring in a player for the sake of it."

Dangerfield and Shiel would be 2 to start with .

Toga

Sloane, Dangerfield, Shiel, Treloar, Tomlinson are names that spring to mind.

Jroo

Have a look at this, won't be long before Brando is in the leadership group. Did lol when I saw Grigg as water boy  :P
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-11-19/micd-up-brandons-banter

Grazz

Sloane im hoping will sign soon but yeh Danger is certainly an option. I have a bad feeling he aint going to stay. Geelong could be your stumbling block though as he comes from down that way but if the offer is good enough from the Tigers who knows you could snag him.

Toga

Yeah there's quite a few names up for grabs next year Grazzy so it will certainly be interesting to see who's loyal and stays at their original clubs and who goes. I think you're right that Sloane will re-sign, but Danger I'm not confident about. And I'm sure Geelong is probably gonna be his preferred team if he does leave, so we might be going after the GWS boys instead I reckon.

T Dog

Breathing in all that rubbish from Punt Rd just can't be good

shaker

Quote from: Toga on November 19, 2014, 06:58:30 PM

Sloane, Dangerfield, Shiel, Treloar, Tomlinson are names that spring to mind.

Tomlinsom just re signed the other day but any of the other 4 would be fine

Nige

It's probably gonna be Shiel or Treloar I reckon.

quinny88

So we all think a mid?
Sort of took what Gale said more as we will go after a certain player to fill a position. Can never have enough gun mids though I guess but maybe a forward would be on the radar? Hawkins is a FA next year ;)

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on November 19, 2014, 07:19:38 PM
So we all think a mid?
Sort of took what Gale said more as we will go after a certain player to fill a position. Can never have enough gun mids though I guess but maybe a forward would be on the radar? Hawkins is a FA next year ;)
I still have bad memories of Kent Kingsley.  :P

quinny88

Quote from: Nige on November 19, 2014, 07:20:22 PM
So we all think a mid?
I still have bad memories of Kent Kingsley.  :P

Hahaha don't we all :P he was already a dud though :P Hawkins is a gun

shaker

So we all think a mid?

Hawkins is a bit like Cloke inconsistent don't know if I would like to be paying mega bucks for him we are already forking out $700k for Jack , Dangerfield is showing all the signs he is leaving but there will be a bidding war for him he might even end up the highest paid player .