Main Menu

The Richmond Off-Season Megathread

Started by Nige, September 09, 2014, 07:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Szaboss

Same with Miles, I think he was drafted from the giants or suns originally wasnt he ?

Ziplock

Quote from: Szaboss on November 06, 2014, 03:53:58 PM
Same with Miles, I think he was drafted from the giants or suns originally wasnt he ?
Giants, taken as a zone selection.

powersuperkents

Forgot about Houli, Maric, & Grigg (always rated him dt wise in Carlton - proved it in Richmond, even if it was short-lived due to a role change). Yeah I think the reason why Richmond is denigrated for the recruiting is because when they make a poor decision, the aftermath is much worse than other clubs (Knights was injury prone so of course people will criticise them in hindsight - Tambling was picked before Franklin so of course people are going to draw unfair comparisons - and Oakley-Nicholls is criticised even though only definitively better picks after him were Birchall & Jones - the rest are known injury prone players).

Tbh the Demons have the worst recruiting record out of all clubs. Richmond is just criticised because other Melbourne clubs either have rivalries with them or see them as a threat. Looking at the last five years, recruitment has been fantastic.

Just a interesting fact, Richmond have been lucky in the past due to teams tanking against them:

The Kruezer cup 2007
#1 Matt Kreuzer < #2Trent Cotchin

Demon's tanking 2009
#1 Tom Scully/#2 Jack Trengove < #3 Dustin Martin (better than both combined)

Ironic isn't it hahaha   

Toga

shaker

Just had a read about Knights hopefully his body holds up and he can have an impact in the forward line next year , could free up Martin would love to see him using his strength and bursting out of the middle and slotting long goals as a weekly highlight  ;)

Toga

Yeah think Knights has a lot to add on the field if he can get himself fit, but it's also good to hear him admit that he's not guaranteed a starting spot any more with guys like Gordon, Lennon and McDonough all pushing for selection.

shaker

Quote from: Toga on November 07, 2014, 12:13:18 PM
Yeah think Knights has a lot to add on the field if he can get himself fit, but it's also good to hear him admit that he's not guaranteed a starting spot any more with guys like Gordon, Lennon and McDonough all pushing for selection.

That's what we want to see players striving for limited places in the team it is good for all teams and probably an area the Tiges can really improve in , in the past some of the players that have been getting a game have not really grabbed there chances maybe that is about to change in 2015  :P

Nige

kilbluff1985

::) whoever thought of that probs thought they were so smart lol

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 08, 2014, 01:14:44 AM
::) whoever thought of that probs thought they were so smart lol
Nothing wrong with a good pun.

Bully

I've just finished reviewing James Rose and I like the lad, seems to be more of a Billings type than an Aaron Edwards. He tested really well at the combine too, ran a 2.97sec/20m & a 14.6 beep. My gut feeling is he will become a midfielder, Sturt have been playing him down back & on a wing so the wheels are already in motion. Definitely one to consider with pick 52.

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: Bully on November 09, 2014, 12:05:00 AM
I've just finished reviewing James Rose and I like the lad, seems to be more of a Billings type than an Aaron Edwards. He tested really well at the combine too, ran a 2.97sec/20m & a 14.6 beep. My gut feeling is he will become a midfielder, Sturt have been playing him down back & on a wing so the wheels are already in motion. Definitely one to consider with pick 52.
Pace of that calibre will be important to us, could do a lot worse with pick 52.

Nige

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on November 09, 2014, 01:15:40 AM
Quote from: Bully on November 09, 2014, 12:05:00 AM
Pace of that calibre will be important to us, could do a lot worse with pick 52.
I like him too, definitely a good value pick at 52.

Nige

Some observations from the pre-season training photos.

Madonna has shaved his head.
Bikkies clearly doesn't even lift.
McBean still looks like... a bean.
Conca has a filthy beard.
Batch looks like he might have a mullet.
Ivan's cousin Ivan already looks to have slimmed a tiny bit.

Toga

I really hope Lennon and McDonough come on a bit more this year and break into the senior side more regularly. Will be very handy!