Main Menu

The Richmond Off-Season Megathread

Started by Nige, September 09, 2014, 07:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Quote from: JROO8 on October 14, 2014, 10:21:21 AM
So Trengove failed his medical  :'(

A bit disappointing but glad it comes out now rather than in a few months time. Think if we can grab Weller with that pick I'll be very happy 8)

shaker

Quote from: JROO8 on October 14, 2014, 10:21:21 AM
So Trengove failed his medical  :'(

Glad the Tiges did not go head first with that one well done  :)

Nige

Richmond have re-signed Jake Batchelor, Ricky Petterd, Matt Thomas, Matt Dea, Matt McDonough and Todd Elton.

Toga

Happy with all those re-signings. I'm a bit worried about McDonough though, need to start getting some games into him otherwise he might be looking for a trade home at the end of next year..

Also interesting that we've only offered Thomas a rookie spot considering the amount of games he played this year

Nige

Should note they're all one year deals except for Batch who signed a 2 year deal.

Nige

Taylor Hunt potentially going to end up as a delisted free agent, surely we'd have a look at him. Could be a handy addition.

Toga

We don't have any real taggers anymore since Jackson stopped doing jobs a couple of years ago... Grigg and Petterd do the odd run-with roles but probably wouldn't hurt to have a more defensive midfielder in Hunt on the list, he's got a bit of versatility about him as well and is fairly handy in the backline.

Wouldn't be fussed if we didn't go after him, but wouldn't be disappointed if we do get him ;)

Jroo

Yeah I reckon we'll end up with Hunt. I would rather Whiley over him, but oh well.

Toga

Dan Richardson: Blair Hartley and the recruiting team is still working hard but it's unlikely that Richmond will be involved in any trades before today's deadline.

Chelskiman

Nige

As I just said in the trade thread, happy to back in Francis Jackson and the recruiting team here.

You'd think it means we're also certain to make a big move next year.  ;)

Toga

Yeah as I've said for a while now, with guys like Greenwood available this year but no move made by the Tiges I think Blair & co must have something up their sleeve for next year's trade season.

Interests will now turn to the national draft, really hoping we jump on Weller if he's available to us

Nige

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-10-16/richmond-retains-first-round-pick

Happy to hear this.

Sounds like we're definitely looking at somebody like Ahern or Weller.

Nige

Obviously no action from us but here's this...

From the Herald Sun's report card:

VERDICT: Well done to the medical staff who kiboshed a Titanic of a trade when they turned down Jack Trengove after a scan on his foot. Informed judges believe they offered pick 12 for David Armitage, and sniffed around Adelaide's Scott Thompson. Club denies both. Now look to the draft to find a pacy midfielder and potentially a clever small forward. Could they have done more to get another hard inside mid? Look at their rivals - Hawthorn and Port all got appreciably better, so they need to extract significant outside from the likes of Conca, Vlastuin, Lennon, Vickery, Griffiths and Co.

Toga

Seems a fair analysis... Would have been stoked with Armitage, but wasn't to be obviously.

Still hoping for Weller and a good small forward from later in the draft, and hopefully we go hard at the trade and FA periods next year when there are some bigger names available