Main Menu

The Richmond Off-Season Megathread

Started by Nige, September 09, 2014, 07:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Would be very surprised if the deal was pick 23 and Trengove for pick 12 though.

Toga

Why's that Big Mac, you reckon Melbourne will be asking for more?

Jroo

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 13, 2014, 07:52:30 PM
Would be very surprised if the deal was pick 23 and Trengove for pick 12 though.
That will be the deal, 100% IMO.

Big Mac

Quote from: Toga on October 13, 2014, 07:57:04 PM
Why's that Big Mac, you reckon Melbourne will be asking for more?

Could be a tad bias but I just think he would be worth a lot more to Melbourne. Has never really had a chance to develop (shower coaches, 186, captaincy, injuries etc) either. Depends on what we would be using the pick for I guess. Would still be expecting a 3rd rounder back though

elephants

AFL should step in and stop the rape aha

Jroo

Quote from: elephants on October 13, 2014, 08:10:03 PM

Haha c'mon, even though it seems like a good trade for us, Trengove does have his risks!

kilbluff1985

picks 2,3 and 12 would be a really good get for Melbourne

elephants

Quote from: JROO8 on October 13, 2014, 08:11:23 PM

Haha c'mon, even though it seems like a good trade for us, Trengove does have his risks!

Former pick 2 + 23 for 12. Pls :p sure there's been injuries etc but he hasn't lost the talent.

Big Mac

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 13, 2014, 08:27:04 PM
picks 2,3 and 12 would be a really good get for Melbourne

I think we need 12 to go with one of the other two for a trade

kilbluff1985

Quote from: elephants on October 13, 2014, 08:30:52 PM

Former pick 2 + 23 for 12. Pls :p sure there's been injuries etc but he hasn't lost the talent.

so they should have blocked the O' Rourke trade then?

elephants

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 13, 2014, 08:38:20 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 13, 2014, 08:30:52 PM

so they should have blocked the O' Rourke trade then?

Completely different scenario.

Trengove has shown something at AFL level, great leadership skills, etc.

O'Rourke has done very little and was in fact a very surprising pick 2. Most had him closer to #10. GWS took him to keep the three Vic boys together.

So, no. Lol.

Toga

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 13, 2014, 08:07:41 PM
Could be a tad bias but I just think he would be worth a lot more to Melbourne. Has never really had a chance to develop (shower coaches, 186, captaincy, injuries etc) either. Depends on what we would be using the pick for I guess. Would still be expecting a 3rd rounder back though

Yeah, I kind of thought that to start with as well to start with but it sounds like Melbourne is happy enough with the deal as it stands, just waiting for Jack to decide where he'd most like to continue his career...

Obviously has talent to burn but has been cruelled by injuries (never had a full preseason?) so hard to tell what his true value is

Vinny

I think it has something to do with this navicular injury, it's destroyed him in the past and could explain why Dees are happy to let him go a that price.

Toga

Yeah, it would be vinny.

Trengove is obviously at the lowest market value he's been at so far in his career, after being a #2 pick with a great first couple of seasons before having his development ruined by having a club in crisis around him, and then a nasty injury that put him out for the whole season.

Richmond recruiters have obviously looked at the draft and figured there's no outstanding players that will be left by our pick that the club is really after, and so it's worth downgrading that pick and taking the pun on Trengove. Melbourne are looking at a fresh start and probably using that pick to trade for an established player like they did last year.

Could be a good trade for both clubs and a good move for Jack if he feels like he might be able to develop better at a fresh environment

MTTY

Quote from: Toga on October 13, 2014, 09:11:10 PM
Yeah, it would be vinny.

Trengove is obviously at the lowest market value he's been at so far in his career, after being a #2 pick with a great first couple of seasons before having his development ruined by having a club in crisis around him, and then a nasty injury that put him out for the whole season.

Richmond recruiters have obviously looked at the draft and figured there's no outstanding players that will be left by our pick that the club is really after, and so it's worth downgrading that pick and taking the pun on Trengove. Melbourne are looking at a fresh start and probably using that pick to trade for an established player like they did last year.

Could be a good trade for both clubs and a good move for Jack if he feels like he might be able to develop better at a fresh environment

No pun intended?

(sorry could't help myself  ;D )