Main Menu

Where to now for the Tigers

Started by shaker, September 07, 2014, 07:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Quote from: quinny88 on September 08, 2014, 10:26:36 PM
Quote from: tabs on September 08, 2014, 10:20:28 PM
Where to now for the Tigers?? Probably Vegas, Fiji, Bali or Warrnambool for end of season trip

Warrnambool? Haha not sure that Warrnambool stacks up against the overseas travels
Vegas doesnt have the water views of Warrnambool and the locals are probably just as friendly

nas

Quote from: tabs on September 08, 2014, 11:41:54 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on September 08, 2014, 10:26:36 PM
Quote from: tabs on September 08, 2014, 10:20:28 PM
Where to now for the Tigers?? Probably Vegas, Fiji, Bali or Warrnambool for end of season trip

Warrnambool? Haha not sure that Warrnambool stacks up against the overseas travels
Vegas doesnt have the water views of Warrnambool and the locals are probably just as friendly

Nothing wrong with Vegas.

Ricochet

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-09-09/richmond-list-changes

Richmond has announced changes to its playing list after the completion of its 2014 campaign.

Seven players have not been offered contracts for the 2015 season, including senior listed players Aaron Edwards, Brett O'Hanlon and Brad Helbig, and rookies Orren Stephenson, Ben Darrou, Cadeyn Williams and Todd Banfield

Mr.Craig

elephants

Nige

The only real surprise is Cadeyn. Thought he was coming along nicely.

BOH had some solid VFL form, as did Az, Helbig and Orren. Unfortunately, they needed to go.

Interested to see who gets traded in and out now. 

quinny88

It's a big culling but really it's just VFL players anyway.

I think the tough calls need to be made from fringe best 22 players.

Grigg
Foley
Batchelor
Dea
Vickery
Hampson
Thomas
Grimes

Where do we see these guys at?

For the record I'm not saying we should get rid of them all but they all need to be looked at long and hard

Nige

Personally wouldn't get rid of Foley, Batch, Vickery or Grimes. That would be silly.

Foley will be important to us for at least a year or two more now that Jacko's gone.

Grimes is great when fit.

Batch is handy since we never seem to have all our defenders fit and on the park and isn't the worst player.

Vickery had an ordinary year and hasn't come on like we would have hoped but I feel like letting him go would be a mistake and that he'd probably end up being a star if we traded him.

Jroo

Yeah I'm with Nige, those four won't be moved on this year.

quinny88

I don't just mean delisting but some of those guys have some trade worth

shaker

Quote from: quinny88 on September 09, 2014, 05:09:25 PM
It's a big culling but really it's just VFL players anyway.

I think the tough calls need to be made from fringe best 22 players.

Grigg
Foley
Batchelor
Dea
Vickery
Hampson
Thomas
Grimes

Where do we see these guys at?

For the record I'm not saying we should get rid of them all but they all need to be looked at long and hard

I am happy with who got the chop and how many as for trade value Hampson might be worth something to someone who needs a good tap ruck but he is pretty useless for anything else think the rest will be kept there is always next year  ;)

Kellogscrunchynut

nrich102

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on September 10, 2014, 04:11:27 PM
Did Banfield even make a year?
It's probably a year ago since we delisted him  :P

Ringo

Quote from: nrich102 on September 10, 2014, 08:26:34 PM
Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on September 10, 2014, 04:11:27 PM
Did Banfield even make a year?
It's probably a year ago since we delisted him  :P
Lions delisted him last year and intended to redraft him as rookie but Richmond got in first. So yes only just lasted the year but could not crack Tigers Team.

Capper

so 7 delisted and 2 retirements, Newman will play one more year

Will the Lions grab Banfield as a rookie again??