Main Menu

2014 All Australian Team

Started by Ricochet, September 02, 2014, 05:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Honey Badger on September 17, 2014, 12:03:56 AM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 16, 2014, 09:57:50 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 16, 2014, 09:55:50 PM
Sandi and Sauce had very similar numbers. The only thing that Sauce had really had over Sandi was averaging 3.9 disposals a game.
Contested Possies, Marks, Contested Marks, Goals, Hitouts, Tackles, DE%, Clearances are all nearly the same

How about the most important for a ruckman. Hitouts to advantage?  Surely Sandi killed this one?
Actually that's where you would be wrong JB. Jacobs had the most hit outs to advantage this year out of all the ruckman.
I thought JB was being sarcastic. Hopefully he was because you were really trying to prove him wrong.

SydneyRox

I wont go as far to say Parker was robbed, but got to be unlucky.

Given the choice, I think he has had a better year than Pendles who managed to get in based mostly on history than this year.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ///////////////////////// on September 17, 2014, 06:20:49 PM
CALLAN WARD ROBBED
I've seen this around. Not sure if people are taking the piss.

quinny88

Quote from: SydneyRox on September 17, 2014, 04:48:28 PM
I wont go as far to say Parker was robbed, but got to be unlucky.

Given the choice, I think he has had a better year than Riewoldt who managed to get in based mostly on history than this year.

Fixed :P

The_Captain

How can the best defender in the comp in Eric Mckenzie, not be in the best 6 in the all Australia. Makes 0 sense.

Noz

Quote from: noto07 on September 18, 2014, 11:13:19 AM
How can the best defender in the comp in Eric Mckenzie, not be in the best 6 in the all Australia. Makes 0 sense.

When you let your opponent kick 39 goals on you it doesn't go well.

The_Captain

Quote from: Noz on September 18, 2014, 11:28:56 AM

1.5 goals a game, playing on the best forward in the team every week, got more right to be in the team than that Boak....

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: SydneyRox on September 17, 2014, 04:48:28 PM
Given the choice, I think he has had a better year than Pendles who managed to get in based mostly on history than this year.

Not having a go at you at all SR, but this is exactly why the AA team is based on how players ended the season

Rance did nothing in the first half, was great the last month and gets in
Heppell finished off strong, but nothing special in the first half and gets in
Pendles was his normal best all season, but dropped off in the last month or so

The selectors, and most people are always influenced by what is fresh on their mind, what they saw players do recently, and fail to take a holistic view accross the entire season, and that is why guys like McKenzie, Parker and Priddis got shafted

Mailman the 2nd

ossie85

But I would've said Priddis second half better than first

Noz

Quote from: noto07 on September 18, 2014, 11:32:32 AM

1.5 goals a game, playing on the best forward in the team every week, got more right to be in the team than that Boak....

Your best key defender is meant to stop the best key forward not get 39 goals kicked on you there would be 5-6 key defenders who did better at stopping their opponent.

Zac Dawson for example let through under 30

elephants

Who gives a flower what the VFL.. I ah I mean.. AFL think.

Ezy is my All-Australian <3

Toga

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 18, 2014, 11:33:03 AM
Rance did nothing in the first half, was great the last month and gets in

Do not agree. Rance missed the first few rounds through injury but has been solid all year.

Champion Data released some statistics about two months ago (before round 16) showing this:
Rance wins 43% of one-on-one contests, more than Lonergan, Grundy, Taylor and McKenzie (34.5%). He only lost 16% of those one-on-one's.
Conceded 13 goals in the 9 games after he came back from injury (four of those to Buddy Franklin).

Not taking away anything from McKenzie, I thought he had a fantastic season as well! But Rance deserved his spot.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Noz on September 18, 2014, 02:34:36 PM
Quote from: noto07 on September 18, 2014, 11:32:32 AM

Your best key defender is meant to stop the best key forward not get 39 goals kicked on you there would be 5-6 key defenders who did better at stopping their opponent.

Zac Dawson for example let through under 30

lol are you actually trying to compare Zac Dawson to Eric Mckenzie by saying they play on the same players? 

Purple 77

No one compares to Zac.

No one ever.