2014 All Australian Team

Started by Ricochet, September 02, 2014, 05:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

So he had a better season than Parker?

elephants

Quote from: quinny88 on September 16, 2014, 11:31:55 PM
So he had a better season than Parker?

Lets play a midfielder at CHF. Ugh, pls. Don't be one of those people.

Bill Manspeaker

think he actually plays CHF. Parker can't be in the team as a CHF. so as a CHF he's had a better year than Parker

Mailman the 2nd

Can't really compare Parker and Riewoldt.

Personally, I think they should've just gone for the two forward talls. Riewoldt and Franklin are both pretty clear cut CHFs so Im not sure what their reasoning was

quinny88

Obviously you didn't read what I said then  ::)

Roughie and Franklin were better than Nroo so therefore deserve CHF and FF. Parker then on the flank or pocket.
There's no rule that there has to be 3 key forwards. Boomer and Parker and even Dusty all had better years that Nroo and deserved a spot in the forward line over him.

RaisyDaisy

Easy fix

Rance out - McKenzie in
Heppell Out - Priddis in

Parker... I just cant take anyone else out, just severely stiff. Make a 5th spot on the bench!

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: quinny88 on September 16, 2014, 11:36:57 PM

Roughie and Franklin were better than Nroo so therefore deserve CHF and FF. Parker then on the flank or pocket.
There's no rule that there has to be 3 key forwards. Boomer and Parker and even Dusty all had better years that Nroo and deserved a spot in the forward line over him.

He kicked 49 goals in the worst team, and took more marks than anyone else

You've lost me here quinny. NRoo is a lock

elephants

Midfielder in the fwd pocket.

#goingroundincircles

Finally fwds in the fwd line. Lets not get silly trying to squeeze 28282 mids in.

quinny88

Quote from: elephants on September 16, 2014, 11:42:00 PM

#goingroundincircles

Finally fwds in the fwd line. Lets not get silly trying to squeeze 28282 mids in.

You're not that slow Ele come on...

HF: Gray, Roughie, Parker
FF: Ballantyne, Buddy, Breust

Making sense?

elephants

Quote from: quinny88 on September 16, 2014, 11:43:50 PM
Quote from: elephants on September 16, 2014, 11:42:00 PM

#goingroundincircles

You're not that slow Ele come on...

HF: Gray, Roughie, Parker
FF: Ballantyne, Buddy, Breust

Making sense?

Haha ;)

Still don't think you can legitimately leave out a player with Nroo's stats when he plays in such a revolting side.

Bill Manspeaker

I'll let that go as the pun was very nice ele :P

quinny88

Well stats only tell half the story. I thought he was average for a large portion of the year, but anyway if he is to be there then it should not have been at the expense of Parker in the forward line.

Ballantyne out, Breust to the pocket, Parker in? That doesn't sit well with me either tbh.
They have gone a power forward too many IMO

elephants

Quote from: brad on September 16, 2014, 11:55:40 PM
I'll let that go as the pun was very nice ele :P

hahahaha ;) Saints aren't THAT bad man dw :P revolting was a bit harsh haha

Don't go droppin Balla quinny!

CrowsFan

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 16, 2014, 09:57:50 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 16, 2014, 09:55:50 PM
Sandi and Sauce had very similar numbers. The only thing that Sauce had really had over Sandi was averaging 3.9 disposals a game.
Contested Possies, Marks, Contested Marks, Goals, Hitouts, Tackles, DE%, Clearances are all nearly the same

How about the most important for a ruckman. Hitouts to advantage?  Surely Sandi killed this one?
Actually that's where you would be wrong JB. Jacobs had the most hit outs to advantage this year out of all the ruckman.

quinny88

Quote from: Honey Badger on September 17, 2014, 12:03:56 AM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 16, 2014, 09:57:50 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 16, 2014, 09:55:50 PM
Sandi and Sauce had very similar numbers. The only thing that Sauce had really had over Sandi was averaging 3.9 disposals a game.
Contested Possies, Marks, Contested Marks, Goals, Hitouts, Tackles, DE%, Clearances are all nearly the same

How about the most important for a ruckman. Hitouts to advantage?  Surely Sandi killed this one?
Actually that's where you would be wrong JB. Jacobs had the most hit outs to advantage this year out of all the ruckman.

Is that on average or overall though? Jacobs did play an extra game