Main Menu

2014 All Australian Team

Started by Ricochet, September 02, 2014, 05:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Sandi and Sauce had very similar numbers. The only thing that Sauce had really had over Sandi was averaging 3.9 disposals a game.
Contested Possies, Marks, Contested Marks, Goals, Hitouts, Tackles, DE%, Clearances are all nearly the same

elephants

Quote from: Ricochet on September 16, 2014, 09:50:52 PM
Quote from: elephants on September 16, 2014, 09:46:44 PM
Quote from: Jukes on September 16, 2014, 09:45:00 PM
One thing I find stupid is that the bench is entirely midfielders. Should be a back and a forward there.
I agree with Jukes...
Quoting so you can't delete it :P

Felt so god damn weird haha

Holz

Matthew Priddis deserved to be on the field let alone the team.

5th in clearances, 4th in disposals, 5th in contested possesions.

I dont understand this match up

Possessions: HepD 28.5 Priddis 28.5 even
Contested: HepD 12.1 Priddis 15 means Heppell got more cheap touches
Clearances: HepD 5.2 Priddis 6.7 alot more clearance work
Tackles: HepD 4.5 Priddis 7.3 alot more pressure around the ground
Goals: HepD 6 Priddis 10 not much in it but im looking for something for HepD
Marks: HepD 5.3 Priddis 2.5 the only category HepD wins and these are all uncontested.

So essentially same disposals but Priddis won more of the hard ball and winning clearances. Heppell got more touches uncontested and picked up quite a few more marks (all uncontested). If that isnt a big enough win Priddis was elite in tackling around the ground providing pressure.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Ricochet on September 16, 2014, 09:55:50 PM
Sandi and Sauce had very similar numbers. The only thing that Sauce had really had over Sandi was averaging 3.9 disposals a game.
Contested Possies, Marks, Contested Marks, Goals, Hitouts, Tackles, DE%, Clearances are all nearly the same

How about the most important for a ruckman. Hitouts to advantage?  Surely Sandi killed this one?

Vinny

Roughy to CHF, NRoo to Parker, then Parker to Forward flank, Bruest to Forward pocket.
Boak to Priddis.
Sandilands to Jacobs (Questionable)
Balla to Dusty
Rance to Mackenzie (Questionable)

Then that's not too far off what I think. I guess when you think about it wasn't that bad beside Parker and Priddis.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: henry on September 16, 2014, 09:55:38 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on September 16, 2014, 09:49:43 PM
Quote from: henry on September 16, 2014, 09:47:52 PM
Hibberd was absolutely robbed once again not to be in the squad though. Averaged something like 25 disposals a game as a rebounding defender, should be in the 18 let alone the 40.

Over who? Didn't do better than any of the 3 small defenders in there
I'd certainly have him over Brodie Smith. He is the best rebounding defender imo, maybe after Malceski.

Smith had more Rebound 50s, Inside 50s and metres gained. pretty much everything you'd compare between 2 rebounding players

GoLions

Quote from: Jukes on September 16, 2014, 09:54:22 PM
Most of those stats can be summarised in 5 points:
1. Handballs aren't important
2. If they were good tackles he'd be 3rd in free kicks for too
3. Irrelevant fantasy
4. 18th despite 1st in disposals? He's a mini-Swan
5. Handballing out of a pack to another contest isn't winning football games, which he does a lot

Having said that, still more deserving than Pendles and Ablett
Tackles means he applies way more pressure than Heppell
I agree fantasy is irrelevant
Heppell had 10 extra effective disposals than Priddis (Priddis had 1 more disposal overall), but Heppell had about 70 more uncontested which should make it easier to hit a target.
And Priddis handballs more because he gets a lot of the ball in the packs where there isn't a lot of space (in comparison to Heppell at least)

GoLions

Quote from: Vinny on September 16, 2014, 09:59:13 PM
Roughy to CHF, NRoo to Parker, then Parker to Forward flank, Bruest to Forward pocket.
Boak to Priddis.
Sandilands to Jacobs (Questionable)
Balla to Dusty
Rance to Mackenzie (Questionable)

Then that's not too far off what I think. I guess when you think about it wasn't that bad beside Parker and Priddis.
That seems pretty raunchy to me. And Rocky C of course ;)

Adamant

Did Boak really have that good of a year? I would have had Priddis over him for sure.

Parker, Boomer and Mackenzie all very stiff. Thought Mackenzie had a better year than Rance, Parker probably over Pendles on the interchange bench.

My Chumps

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 16, 2014, 09:42:29 PM
I reckon they got it pretty right this year.

As an Eagles fan I reckon McKenzie and Priddis got stiffed. I feel like Rance only got in because his last few weeks stood out, but other than that over the course of the season I reckon McKenzie was much better
Agreed.

elephants

I agreed with Jukes for a grand total of 8 minutes lol

Vinny

Priddis deserves to be there but so does Heppell.

Boak goes I think.

Ricochet

Nroo took more marks than anyone else in the comp. Was the 2nd best key forward this year

Noz

Martin still no honours in AFL

Wingard > Martin

henry

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on September 16, 2014, 10:00:29 PM
Quote from: henry on September 16, 2014, 09:55:38 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on September 16, 2014, 09:49:43 PM
Quote from: henry on September 16, 2014, 09:47:52 PM
Hibberd was absolutely robbed once again not to be in the squad though. Averaged something like 25 disposals a game as a rebounding defender, should be in the 18 let alone the 40.

Over who? Didn't do better than any of the 3 small defenders in there
I'd certainly have him over Brodie Smith. He is the best rebounding defender imo, maybe after Malceski.

Smith had more Rebound 50s, Inside 50s and metres gained. pretty much everything you'd compare between 2 rebounding players

Hmm you make a good point. I am a huge Hibberd fan (as you can probably tell lol), and I don't go for Essendon. I think it is absolute robbery he hasn't at least made the squad.

Hibberd averaged 24.5 disposals, Smith 22.5
The big one for me is the 1%ers, which is why I rate him so highly. I think they are extremely important, and show that Hibberd as well as playing as a rebounding defender came in 3rd man a lot of the time too. In that stat he averages 11.4 to Smith's 7.7