Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomK

Quote from: iZander on October 20, 2016, 03:41:05 PM
Quote from: TomK on October 20, 2016, 03:35:42 PM
Quote from: AaronKirk on October 20, 2016, 03:28:34 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on October 20, 2016, 03:22:47 PM
Quote from: AaronKirk on October 20, 2016, 03:20:18 PM
Softie has a 3 year contract. You needed to offer more. Don't whinge at Carlton. Whinge at your own people for not getting the deal done.
Crows fans tho AK, probably the umpires fault :P
True.

If Softie wanted to leave why did he sign such a long contract a few years ago?

As he is contracted for 3 more years Adelaide needed to pay above market value to get him. They obviously didn't do that.

There is no empathy in the business community when people have signed contracts so why should there be any empathy from Carlton or anyone in the football community.

Good on them for wanting the best deal possible for a guy they did not want to lose.
He wanted to leave because they had a kid  and wanted to move for family support, everyone deals with these things differently and if they are struggling as a family in Melbourne, surely you'd want to help a player out in these circumstances.
Yeah I agree, Adelaide were quite inconsiderate
Seriously? Because we weren't giving into unreasonable demands?

Ricochet

Quote from: lachie_001 on October 20, 2016, 03:39:49 PM
I'm just mad we traded Lyons!!!
Surely they could have waiting for Softie and then if that fell through, up'd Lyons offer.

Softie will be furious, SOS is pretty unreasonable, but guess what Carlton, we'll come back and get him next year for less :)
How is SOS unreasonable. Gibbs signed a massive contract. That's on him, not the club

Grazz

Quote from: elephants on October 20, 2016, 03:41:39 PM
Quote from: shaker on October 20, 2016, 03:39:03 PM
Future headline Softie wants time away from the game due to personal reasons

He's happy to stay at Carlton? He made that clear before the trade period.

This is being blown way out of proportion haha.

Surely they could have waiting for Softie and then if that fell through, up'd Lyons offer.

Softie will be furious, SOS is pretty unreasonable, but guess what Carlton, we'll come back and get him next year for less :)

I agree Lyons went for way unders, but SOS is just doing his job. Softie would have preferred a move home but it was never a move home or I'm playing VFL... He'll play for the Blues for next year, and the same rigmarole will kick of this time next season where the Crows will still not be ripped off by the Blues demands :P

I'm laughing at some of these comments, seriously.

Jay

Quote from: Jay on October 20, 2016, 03:17:47 PM
Quote from: TomK on October 20, 2016, 03:15:10 PM
Go flower yourself SOS you un-empathetic arrogant flog.

What a nightmare.
I'm still holding out hope that this is just a nightmare and we'll have either Lyons or Softie when I wake up  :-\

If literally all we did this trade period was re-sign Jarryd Lyons I'd be quite happy. But to lose him for nothing and not get anyone else cannot be true.

You lost Lyons for market value? Cannot complain

Softie has a 3 year contract. You needed to offer more. Don't whinge at Carlton. Whinge at your own people for not getting the deal done.
Hahahah that was not market value for Lyons. 24 year old who champion data rank above Gibbs. 22 disposals a game, 4 clearances, 4 I50s, 5 tackles. The guy played 20 games for an elite team, he ranked 6th in disposals, 8th in goals, 5th in contested possessions, 5th in clearances, 4th in tackles and 6th in goal assists. If he played in Victoria he'd be seen on a Luke Dahlhaus level, or a slightly better Dom Tyson. Sick of the interstate clubs being screwed over.

When did I whinge about Carlton? Gibbs signed a 5 year deal, he can stick it out. And frankly I don't blame us for not selling the farm for him, pick 13 is slightly unders but not too far off. Two first rounds picks and SOS is just dreaming.

Just frustrating that all we did was lose Lyons for no reason. Especially considering we could have easily re-signed him..

Grazz

Quote from: Ricochet on October 20, 2016, 03:43:37 PM

How is SOS unreasonable. Softie signed a massive contract. That's on him, not the club

True this, we weren't prepared to sell the farm to get him which is our prerogative. Shake hands and go home.

elephants

Hahaha good hearty discussion filled with tinted sunglasses and blatant bias. Naturally, with a sprinkle of not-being-able-to-see-things-from-the-opposition-point-of-view :P

Ricochet

Quote from: Jay on October 20, 2016, 03:45:48 PM

What a nightmare.
I'm still holding out hope that this is just a nightmare and we'll have either Lyons or Softie when I wake up  :-\

If literally all we did this trade period was re-sign Jarryd Lyons I'd be quite happy. But to lose him for nothing and not get anyone else cannot be true.

Hahahah that was not market value for Lyons. 24 year old who champion data rank above Softie. 22 disposals a game, 4 clearances, 4 I50s, 5 tackles. The guy played 20 games for an elite team, he ranked 6th in disposals, 8th in goals, 5th in contested possessions, 5th in clearances, 4th in tackles and 6th in goal assists. If he played in Victoria he'd be seen on a Luke Dahlhaus level, or a slightly better Dom Tyson. Sick of the interstate clubs being screwed over.

When did I whinge about Carlton? Softie signed a 5 year deal, he can stick it out. And frankly I don't blame us for not selling the farm for him, pick 13 is slightly unders but not too far off. Two first rounds picks and SOS is just dreaming.

Just frustrating that all we did was lose Lyons for no reason. Especially considering we could have easily re-signed him..
I thought this was strange as well Jay. Why did the club wait so bloody long to try and re-sign him (if at all). They could have done it before the trade period. Especially after such a break out year.

Grazz

What a nightmare.

Hahahah that was not market value for Lyons. 24 year old who champion data rank above Softie. 22 disposals a game, 4 clearances, 4 I50s, 5 tackles. The guy played 20 games for an elite team, he ranked 6th in disposals, 8th in goals, 5th in contested possessions, 5th in clearances, 4th in tackles and 6th in goal assists. If he played in Victoria he'd be seen on a Luke Dahlhaus level, or a slightly better Dom Tyson. Sick of the interstate clubs being screwed over.

When did I whinge about Carlton? Softie signed a 5 year deal, he can stick it out. And frankly I don't blame us for not selling the farm for him, pick 13 is slightly unders but not too far off. Two first rounds picks and SOS is just dreaming.

Yep we flowered up with Lyons no denying that.  :(

meow meow

Unreasonable? Yeah umm the most unreasonable thing I've heard all trade period is comparing Lyons to Dahlhaus and rating them equally.

RaisyDaisy

Not a great trade period for Adelaide at all

Clearly put all their eggs in one basket, and lost a good player too

Surprised that all it took for JOM was Pick 10 and a 2nd rounder in the end. Would have thought for sure at least one player from Hawks would have been sent up

AaronKirk

According to Sam Edmund on twitter Carlton wanted 2 first round picks for Gibbs.

Whilst that is overs he has a 3 year contract and Carlton did not want to lose him.

elephants

Quote from: AaronKirk on October 20, 2016, 04:00:15 PM
According to Sam Edmund on twitter Carlton wanted 2 first round picks for Softie.

Whilst that is overs he has a 3 year contract and Carlton did not want to lose him.

Yeah pretty simply a case of "lets demand two firsts and if they're silly enough to do it we'll take it and if not we'll keep Gibbs."

Good call

jvalles69

Quote from: Grazz on October 20, 2016, 03:49:40 PM

What a nightmare.

Yep we flowered up with Lyons no denying that.  :(

Wouldn't be surprised if he left based on principal regardless of what they eventually paid him.  Might've thought he was being disrespected due to be tossed around the trade rumour mill as well as telling him they're holding off on signing him due to the possibilty of this Gibbs guy taking his spot.  That'd be enough to make a lot of people leave their current jobs.

Nige

Quote from: elephants on October 20, 2016, 04:01:22 PM
According to Sam Edmund on twitter Carlton wanted 2 first round picks for Softie.

Yeah pretty simply a case of "lets demand two firsts and if they're silly enough to do it we'll take it and if not we'll keep Softie."

Good call
Pretty well summarised.

Rusty00

Quote from: Nige on October 20, 2016, 04:09:32 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 20, 2016, 04:01:22 PM

Yeah pretty simply a case of "lets demand two firsts and if they're silly enough to do it we'll take it and if not we'll keep Softie."

Good call
Pretty well summarised.
/close thread